Transfer window thread .What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Post by andyginbrasil »

Don't we have 3 out on loan as well.....
Kelher, Bennie and Downes..... keep or pass?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:02 pm Don't we have 3 out on loan as well.....
I would keep Kehrer uless we can get a decent price for him , Downes I would keep . , never ever thought Bennie was consistantly g ood enough.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:04 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:02 pm Don't we have 3 out on loan as well.....
I would keep Kehrer uless we can get a decent price for him , Downes I would keep . , never ever thought Bennie was consistantly g ood enough.
Can’t disagree with that, although I think the Kehrer deal had an option to buy attached. If that’s the case and Monaco exercise the option and pay the fee there’s probably not a lot we can do about it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:42 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:04 pm

Can’t disagree with that, although I think the Kehrer deal had an option to buy attached. If that’s the case and Monaco exercise the option and pay the fee there’s probably not a lot we can do about it.
Monaco have the obligation to buy so he is gone and Benrahma is doing really well at Lyon so not much danger of him returning.
Downes I hear is looking to make a good impression on the new head coach in pre season .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:42 pm

Monaco have the obligation to buy so he is gone and Benrahma is doing really well at Lyon so not much danger of him returning.
Downes I hear is looking to make a good impression on the new head coach in pre season .
Pity about Kehrer imol. Thought he was our best option as at CD tbh. I've heard there was a personality clash with Moyes but fuck knows if that's true or not. Couldn't really give one abouit Benrahma. Never thought he was all that anyway. Downes I'd like to see back under the new coach.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Clayton wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:56 pm
Watcher wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:30 pm Johnson, Cresswell, Zouma, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Cornet and Antonio will generate interest but we cant expect high sums for them.

Time to cut our losses , trawl the Championship and Europe for the best talent
Really not sure why you think Cornet should be let go , he can play at LB and LW , and Aquerd will do fine in midfield. I would also keep Johnson and sell Coufal , along with Soucek , Paqueta , Ings , Fabs and JWP .
Bring in a RB , LB , LW , RW , AM , CB x2 and a striker .
Cornet isnt good enough for the next level we are aiming at

Aguerd in midfield?

Keep Paqueta at all costs , he will flourish with a more positive manager

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Watcher wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:14 am

Really not sure why you think Cornet should be let go , he can play at LB and LW , and Aquerd will do fine in midfield. I would also keep Johnson and sell Coufal , along with Soucek , Paqueta , Ings , Fabs and JWP .

Aguerd in midfield?

Cornet not good enough for next level , how do we know ? , he has pace and some ability so an ideal squad player who could flourish under the right coach .
Aquerd also has pace , has ability on the ball and can make a decent pass , so yes midfield , mind you Loppy likes ball playing CB's , just needs to learn to defend again .
No denying Paqueta has technical ability but the guy falls to easily to the ground like he's been shot by a sniper and when things don't go his way he throws his arms around ilike its a gay day , like when he loses the ball instead of trying to win it back , its a big no from me .

Towie

Post by Towie »

We are heavily linked with Zaha I’ve seen today.

No doubt a good player, however his diving antics would wind me up no end.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 am We are heavily linked with Zaha I’ve seen today.

No doubt a good player, however his diving antics would wind me up no end.
His diving that would worry me as much as the numbers on his birth certificate. Not the young hungry signing I was expecting to signal the start of the Steidten "revolution". Zaha's a decent player but he will no doubt cost an arm and a leg in wages and there wouldn't be any residual sell on value. The bloke's 32 later this year FFS,. I thought the idea was to bring down the average age of the squad.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:14 am

Aguerd in midfield?

Why not Aguerd in midfield.? He has pace, can pass decently and clearly isn't very good in central defence. So let's make better use of his skillset. If he's going to hang around of course. The jungle drums seem to be suggesting he might be on his way out.