RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: RICE

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:02 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:45 pm

:lol: :lol:

PSG sold over a million Messi shirts at £70/110 quid a pop in the first 2 days. Over 830,000 in the first 24 hours. Insane.
And one bottle of deodorant.
Staggering.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:45 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:24 pm
They'll make more in China from that than the total cost of Ronaldo over the length of his contract.

Good bit of business in that sense but I'll be surprised if he makes a huge impact on the pitch. In good shape for a bloke nearly 37 but time waits for no man. I have to be careful who I pick on these days jumping out from behind bushes in my grim reaper outfit as even old cunts go to the gym now. I was tempted by an offer that came through the post but the £20 a month didn't include beer and bacon rolls.
:lol: :lol:

PSG sold over a million Messi shirts at £70/110 quid a pop in the first 2 days. Over 830,000 in the first 24 hours. Insane.
I read somewhere that Man Utd won’t make much from shirt sales due to them having reaped the rewards from the 10 year sponsorship deal with Adidas. It’s Adidas that will make the majority of the profit from Ronaldo shirt sales. Man Utd will get either £5 or 5% from each sale. Can’t remember which one it was. The CR7 brand will help them make a few quid though
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:13 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 am

Exactly this.
Minus of course the money spent this summer that Dec will pay for.
They appear to have done well for us this window on the face of it but for a club that are skint this years spend has to come from somewhere.
That applies to every club mate. Based on normal business accounting practices I doubt any PL club comes close to being a model of financial propriety. To use our example we have apparently taken out loans to cover NEXT season's TV deal and I suspect we aren't the only ones. That's all well and good as long as the clubs are earning enough to service those debts but interest repayments obviously have to be made and this reduces the available finance which can be allocated elsewhere. Rocket science it is not.

If the TV money suddenly starts to reduce, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility as for obvious reasons the broadcasters have pretty much reached their maximum subscriber level. In fact it appears that in some countries subscriptions are actually falling. I think we can safely say there will be a re-run along the Super League lines before too long. The so called "big ticket" clubs with the top viewing figures will want more of the cake. Their argument will be that people subscribe to watch Liverpool v Man United, not Burnley v Norwich. The viewing figures for each club are apparently made available so when it does come to push versus shove I don't think there will be such a concerted rebellion against the big boys.

Why ? Because the likes of West Ham and Aston Villa, to name just two, are two clubs whose viewing figures suggest they are watched more than many others. Apparently Sky have a very sophisticated algorithm which factors in the "opposition factor". So they reckon if, say Palace play Manchester United they can assess how many are watching because they want to see Palace. I'm sure there are some teccies who could explain in idiot proof language how the hell they can do that, but I'm buggered if I've got a scooby.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

The obsession with Rice, his contract and the release clause is ridiculous at the moment
Every day there are new videos about Rice and this release clause and how it will solve the situation.

At the end of the day, the guy wants to go and win trophies at a top 4 club. He is probably at the stage of his career now where he has outgrown us whether we like it or not.

We have overpriced him at £100m to stop anyone wanting to buy him. It worked and forced Chelsea to look at Saul and he remains with us.

We have two choices now. Try and hold onto him and see his value decrease as his contract runs down or sell him next summer preferably for a price that is fair that other clubs will pay but where we get a good deal. That is the best option for someone who wants to go and and get better. I hope City come in for him.

This obsession by people to get him to sign a new contract with a release clause FFS. All that means is he can leave next summer for a price of HIS choosing which is likely to be lower so he can be sure to get the move. So the new contract is pretty much worth nothing and all the while we will end up paying him more just for one year.

We have to accept he wants to leave next year and sell him but with our terms not his. I like the lad but he should not dictate how much he leaves for.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

There is no evidence he wants leave.

There is speculation, rumour mongering and outright lies but he has actually done nothing to base any of this on. He's top quality player and England regular and he plays for a 'small' team so the rumours will continue.

He doesn't have to come out and say he wants to stay, he shows that every game.

As for the rumours about his old man punting him out, see my previous post, he's not.

palerider

Post by palerider »

hd1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:39 am There is no evidence he wants leave.

There is speculation, rumour mongering and outright lies but he has actually done nothing to base any of this on. He's top quality player and England regular and he plays for a 'small' team so the rumours will continue.

As for the rumours about his old man punting him out, see my previous post, he's not.
So where have these rumours come from ?

Have the media just made them up for the sake of it ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 am

They all started in Gonzo's shed....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:15 am The obsession with Rice, his contract and the release clause is ridiculous at the moment
Every day there are new videos about Rice and this release clause and how it will solve the situation.

At the end of the day, the guy wants to go and win trophies at a top 4 club. He is probably at the stage of his career now where he has outgrown us whether we like it or not.

We have overpriced him at £100m to stop anyone wanting to buy him. It worked and forced Chelsea to look at Saul and he remains with us.

We have two choices now. Try and hold onto him and see his value decrease as his contract runs down or sell him next summer preferably for a price that is fair that other clubs will pay but where we get a good deal. That is the best option for someone who wants to go and and get better. I hope City come in for him.

This obsession by people to get him to sign a new contract with a release clause FFS. All that means is he can leave next summer for a price of HIS choosing which is likely to be lower so he can be sure to get the move. So the new contract is pretty much worth nothing and all the while we will end up paying him more just for one year.

We have to accept he wants to leave next year and sell him but with our terms not his. I like the lad but he should not dictate how much he leaves for.
A contract is mainly for the benefit of the employing club in today's game. As you say the longer the contract the greater the transfer fee that can be demanded. Unfortunately giving a player a long contract can backfire spectacularly as it did when we extended Reid's deal some years ago.

Tbh it's pretty clear Rice will leave next summer and we need to come to terms with that. Frankly I'm more concerned that Fornals will start attracting the sort of attention Rice is now getting if he continues performing at the level he has reached.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:54 am
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:15 am The obsession with Rice, his contract and the release clause is ridiculous at the moment

A contract is mainly for the benefit of the employing club in today's game. As you say the longer the contract the greater the transfer fee that can be demanded. Unfortunately giving a player a long contract can backfire spectacularly as it did when we extended Reid's deal some years ago.

Tbh it's pretty clear Rice will leave next summer and we need to come to terms with that. Frankly I'm more concerned that Fornals will start attracting the sort of attention Rice is now getting if he continues performing at the level he has reached.
Yep.

I can see that looming on the horizon as well.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 am

Does a rumour have to come from anywhere ? Or at least anywhere reliable. We only have to look at some of the hysteria generated on fan forums (all clubs) to realise that there are many gullible souls out there who believe absolutely everything they find on the blogosphere.