West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Regarding Emerson he was excellent yesterday hopefully that will cement his position as a regular starter.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:51 pm
Offensively I agree but I expect Moyes would have been quite pleased with his defensive work of which there was plenty .

Overall yet another solid defensive display and a few stand out performances in there .
Thought Kehrer was really good today whereas Nathan not so much though he has set himself quite a high standard.

Emerson was excellent as was Coufal, always making himself available and producing several high quality deliveries ( to nobody as per) .
Rice solid game considering he was playing through a virus and Antonio had a good game too I thought .

How Moyes thought swapping him out for Ings would help I don’t know .
I think Moyes’ substitutions were predictable, the over-respecting of the point and blunt refusal to try and win yet another game we were capable of winning beggars belief even now and Moyes’ love affair with yet another dogshit performance (apart from the head flick for the goal) from Bowen is unbelievable in the real world .
We talk of an ineffectual Benrahma , Bowen was no better really and he has to realise that rolling about on the floor isn’t gaining him any fans . At least not here .

Brucie will be smacking his lips I expect.
goodpost:)
Exactly how I saw it, except for Rice. I didn’t know he had a virus until this morning but I said to my son during game that Rice was off it.
Not sure what happened with Paqueta and how bad his injury was. Seems to me he a bit wussy.
That’ll be him not being used to the hustle & bustle of the PL physical side of things .
He’ll get there but he’s going to receive a lot worse , we have some opposition coming up that are masters of the dark arts starting next weekend if he fancies it.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Talking of fancying it I wonder if we’ll see Cornet this side of Christmas ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:15 pm Talking of fancying it I wonder if we’ll see Cornet this side of Christmas ?
Doubtful. Apparently his ego is very badly bruised and they can take some time to heal. If he’s not ready to appear on the pitch before season’s end I understand he will be humanely destroyed and his remains sent for medical research.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:18 pm

Agree Bowen wasn't a lot better, although out of posession I think he contributes more to the team effort than Benrahma. And overall his performances have been decent in recent weeks despite yesterday. I tried to give Benrahama the benefit of the doubt when he joined. In my book, despite costing almosrt twice as much as we got for Diangana he was cut from the same cloth. A plodder with the occasional flash of something special. I hoped I was wrong but I'll stick with my judgment as imo he's been with us long enough by now to have consistently shown his qualituies which in my book he's not managed to do.

And, my god, although I've joked about Bruce and West Ham in the past I hope the dwarf isn't THAT bloody dumb he'd persuade that bloke out of mothballs. Now that Dyches is at Everton I wouldn't like to hazard a guess who the vertically challenged one might turn to in his hour of need. I wouldn't want either but I don't believe Lampatrd or Gerrard would fancy the gig.

But there's some bloke called Nathan Jones who's looking for a job. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was referring to Harry Kane actually
Oh, THAT Brucie. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Let's be honest we got lucky yesterday.We were very fortunate.

Thought the two full backs were our best players.

Normal Moyes tactics.Must be the most boring team in the PL.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:56 pm Let's be honest we got lucky yesterday.We were very fortunate.

Thought the two full backs were our best players.

Normal Moyes tactics.Must be the most boring team in the PL.
With the most boring cunt in charge.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

You lot are going to look silly when we beat the spuds. 5 unexpected points from 9.
Moyze Boyze Rulz :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:13 am You lot are going to look silly when we beat the spuds. 5 unexpected points from 9.
Moyze Boyze Rulz :D
Few too many holy wines at Sunday School old chap ?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:15 pm Talking of fancying it I wonder if we’ll see Cornet this side of Christmas ?
I'd make an example of that lazy wage thieving cunt.
I'd fuck him about something terrible.
By the time I'd have finished with him he'd be begging to leave.
The fucking Ponce.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.