Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

imanammer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:29 am Someone trod on his arm in training apparently.
Randolph ?

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 am

I also thought Fornals was excellent. As, for that matter, did Guardiola who has won a lot more trophies than any of us cunts, or the bigger cunts who award marks in the papers..

But best player on the park ? That's a stretch. There were a lot of good ones out there today and we have to accept that some of them were wearing blue.
Fornals one of the most underrated players we have, play him centrally and we have an even better player on our hands. If the lad improved his final pass decisions he would be coveted by one of the Sky 6 teams.
He is an excellent player Fornals. I don't understand why so many of our fans berate him and demand Lanzini to play instead of him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm

That is fair enough..You are entitled to your opinion and they are too,but what I see.I thought he was the best player on the park Dave.
Also, if you go on the BBC website where the fans vote, he is only voted Eighth with a score of 6.59, so we all see something different?
Hardly surprising. A great many people only notice the so called “flair” players and don’t recognise the contribution made by the less noticeable players. And of course there are the sheep. Those that vote for the players mentioned frequently by the pundits.

From a West Ham perspective I don’t know how old you are but I can remember when a lot of our fans thought Stuart Slater was a star in the making. A player who gained a reputation from a lot of fans on the basis of one goal. And a lot of people rated John Moncur as well. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:28 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 am I had to go to Miami for work this morning so I did not get to see the game. I have taped it and will watch a little later.

Having said that, everyone I spoke to has told me how well we played, how unlucky we were and how we deserve the draw.

Against Man Citeh, that is saying something.
Taped ??? :o

And there was I thinking the USA was at the cutting edge of technology. ;)

Betamax system I assume. ;)
Just a generic term my friend. The cable box records digitally.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 am

I also thought Fornals was excellent. As, for that matter, did Guardiola who has won a lot more trophies than any of us cunts, or the bigger cunts who award marks in the papers..

But best player on the park ? That's a stretch. There were a lot of good ones out there today and we have to accept that some of them were wearing blue.
Fornals one of the most underrated players we have, play him centrally and we have an even better player on our hands. If the lad improved his final pass decisions he would be coveted by one of the Sky 6 teams.
As I said in response to MK I don’t think his decision making is that bad. But there is often simply not a clear option for him. For me his weakness is his finishing. He gets into some very decent positions but his finishing often lets him down.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 am
imanammer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:29 am Someone trod on his arm in training apparently.
Randolph ?
:lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Also, if you go on the BBC website where the fans vote, he is only voted Eighth with a score of 6.59, so we all see something different?
Hardly surprising. A great many people only notice the so called “flair” players and don’t recognise the contribution made by the less noticeable players. And of course there are the sheep. Those that vote for the players mentioned frequently by the pundits.

From a West Ham perspective I don’t know how old you are but I can remember when a lot of our fans thought Stuart Slater was a star in the making. A player who gained a reputation from a lot of fans on the basis of one goal. And a lot of people rated John Moncur as well. :lol:
You are spot on WM.

Even if the "Star" players have an awful game,they will still get the highest mark.

There are so many fans that don`t watch the game properly.Back in the day,when we had Brooking and the Devonshire,we had a player called Pike that did a lot of the spade work.The majority failed to see this,because he wasn't doing what the former can do.

Another example was Neil Orr in the 86 side.Broke up the play and gave the ball to Devonshire,Ward and Dickens.Very rarely gets mentioned how well he played.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm

You are spot on WM.

Even if the "Star" players have an awful game,they will still get the highest mark.

There are so many fans that don`t watch the game properly.Back in the day,when we had Brooking and the Devonshire,we had a player called Pike that did a lot of the spade work.The majority failed to see this,because he wasn't doing what the former can do.

Another example was Neil Orr in the 86 side.Broke up the play and gave the ball to Devonshire,Ward and Dickens.Very rarely gets mentioned how well he played.
Used to piss me off big time when I had my ST the way people would jump on a “lesser” player as soon as he made a mistake yet excuse their particular favourites from any criticism. John Moncur was, imo, one fucking massive liability whenever he played but to quite a few he was a hero. Remember him being sent off for two yellows in the space of 1 or 2 minutes and a biggish section of the stand gave the silly cunt an ovation as he walked off.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

See the Moysiah is converting a few of you guys...curing Mickys Hamstrings ..followed by turning the Heineken into
Kronenbourg 1664 at the ground should do it..... :lol:

Nice to see Moyes and Players disappointed after the game.....should never be Content at losing...
Vlad was seriously gutted at losing...love that,get a hate losing attitude/mentality,all the top managers have that,then rubs
off on the players...hence why they will do anything to win...anything at times... ;)

Personally think it's the Players confidence growing,more than Moyes having a sit back and hang on attitude in certain
games, a self belief is coming,you can see it.
Everyone put a big shift in ..as always lately,great to see.

12 games left..and 5 pts off second place...and I don't see any games we cant win,Red Mancs away toughest,not really
worried bout that one TBH......WTF is going on..... :lol:

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

You should tell the Messiah that as he is regularly one of the first to be substituted, he only finishes half the games he starts. Even our right back has one MOTM award and he is not a "flair" player either? I am very old!