Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:39 am Didn't watch it but not surprised.

As good as Everton have been so far, this cup represents the only real chance of silverware so they were always going to field a strong team and they are much better than us especially as they've spent a fortune on a new midfield whereas the dwarf has bought a sheep called Roger to chew the grass at the training ground after he sacked the groundsman.
I'm sorry to have to pull you up regarding the information concerning the sheep. When the dwarf brought the aforementioned beast into Rush Green for the first time you clearly didn't notice the attendant camera crew. When the dwarf said "Roger the sheep" he was not introducing it to the staff but issuing instructions to several thespians who formed part of his entourage.

Details regarding the availabilty of the subsequent recording from the club shop are expected imminently.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Sullivan proves he dosen`t care for the fans.

Our fans would to have loved to have won it,but he wanted to look after his own pocket.

PL is what counts,nothing else.

"Well David,if you can finish in the Top 10,there is real money to be made.The cups mean nothing".

#GSB OUT

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

What a strange line up...C'mon.. Nobes and Snoddy away to Everton and a chance of a nice lttle qtr final against spuds maybe...
FFS...
2 CBs Never played together...one can't get in the side..other not played there 18 months or so...
2-1 Down on the Hour mark,being outplayed........No Subs...
The 3 guys who I want potentially starting Anderson,Haller,Lanzini...we're beyond poor,partly because we play as
a CF and 2 Wingers....you play them as a front fuckin 3,move them in closer to each other...the FBs are the wingers.
Would have brought Soucek and Bowen on for Snoddy and Anderson...tighten up the MF a bit and with the added
goal threat...but to do Nothing...beggars believe..

But even then thought we we're doing all right,had some good chances..till the hour mark,then the wheels came off...
Fuckin one step forward 23 back with us.

One minute I'm yeah can see what Moyes is trying to do and get what he's doing even if I don't agree...
Next It's what the fuck is he doing..
Honestly thought whatever side he put out...and was expecting Nobes to play,but alongside either Declan or Soucek,
we'd give them a run.....but you just can't have those two in MF protecting an unsure pairing of CBs...Madness,was really
surprised we hung on so long TBH ...

Disappointing ..to say the least......just starting to build a bit of confidence...but ALLOWING that to happen ...fucks that
right off ..pretty angry at moment

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:57 am Sullivan proves he dosen`t care for the fans.

Our fans would to have loved to have won it,but he wanted to look after his own pocket.

PL is what counts,nothing else.

"Well David,if you can finish in the Top 10,there is real money to be made.The cups mean nothing".

#GSB OUT
I must have missed that announcement

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

It's become glaringly obvious that when a fit and firing Rice and Soucek are not in our MF we are vulnerable to prem sides. It's also obvious that Anderson and Lanzini are not prem quality anymore. So the question begs why play Rice as a CB, surely if he's playing 90 then he needs to be in his natural position. Was this just get Lampard of his trail?

I said after Sunday that even Anderson would have thrived in a game playing off the left side with Arfur & Cresswell protecting the left flank behind him, but after tonight I doubt that very seriously and Fornals has gone way up in value.

Noble, Snodgrass, Yarma, Balbuena might be the slowest players in the league and we can't afford to have all them on the pitch at the same time. Having said all that, Lanzini could have had a hattrick!
#fuckqatar2022

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 am Oh dear, promised so much delivered so little, Declan`s price plummeted last night, one of my pet hates is turning away from a shot, its not like the balls are smothered in dubbin as I had to face up to, another pet hate is watching so called talented skillful players not having the bollocks to run at / take on defenders and favour the easy back pass, I speak of course about our brazillian or is he ?
Rice looked like a fish out of water in the hour or so that I watched last night and had a nightmare all round.

Anderson looks great against league one oppo but as soon as anybody half decent shows up , oh dear.

Snodgrass , blessim , probably wouldn’t have been as ineffective had Soucek or Rice been alongside him in midfield , I like him and he doesn’t deserve the blame for that shit last night .
Moyes on the other hand , and that spineless Cunt Irvine (remember him at West Brom ???) ?

Well , his reasons for not using any subs were to “ protect the players for the weekend “ .

So why the fuck name them on the bench in the first place ???????

Was he not bothered about protecting Rice for the weekend ?
Or Balbuena ?
Or that other useless slowcoach Cunt Cresswell ?

They can’t be playing at Leicester then Using that logic .

I bet Noble plays though .

We moan about GSB but that Cunt Moyes and his bum chum Irvine are as bad if not worse.
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 am What a strange line up...C'mon.. Nobes and Snoddy away to Everton and a chance of a nice lttle qtr final against spuds maybe...
FFS...
2 CBs Never played together...one can't get in the side..other not played there 18 months or so...
The 3 guys who I want potentially starting Anderson,Haller,Lanzini...we're beyond poor,partly because we play as
a CF and 2 Wingers....you play them as a front fuckin 3,move them in closer to each other...the FBs are the wingers.
Would have brought Soucek and Bowen on for Snoddy and Anderson...tighten up the MF a bit and with the added

But even then thought we we're doing all right,had some good chances..till the hour mark,then the wheels came off...

One minute I'm yeah can see what Moyes is trying to do and get what he's doing even if I don't agree...
Honestly thought whatever side he put out...and was expecting Nobes to play,but alongside either Declan or Soucek,
we'd give them a run.....but you just can't have those two in MF protecting an unsure pairing of CBs...Madness,was really

Disappointing ..to say the least......just starting to build a bit of confidence...but ALLOWING that to happen ...fucks that
That's the typical blinkered biased response I would expect. Yes lets take off someone who at least scored and another player who just gets fucked about and leave on a useless lazy donkey.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:21 pm
garnett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 am Oh dear, promised so much delivered so little, Declan`s price plummeted last night, one of my pet hates is turning away from a shot, its not like the balls are smothered in dubbin as I had to face up to, another pet hate is watching so called talented skillful players not having the bollocks to run at / take on defenders and favour the easy back pass, I speak of course about our brazillian or is he ?
Rice looked like a fish out of water in the hour or so that I watched last night and had a nightmare all round.

Anderson looks great against league one oppo but as soon as anybody half decent shows up , oh dear.

Snodgrass , blessim , probably wouldn’t have been as ineffective had Soucek or Rice been alongside him in midfield , I like him and he doesn’t deserve the blame for that shit last night .
Moyes on the other hand , and that spineless Cunt Irvine (remember him at West Brom ???) ?

Well , his reasons for not using any subs were to “ protect the players for the weekend “ .

So why the fuck name them on the bench in the first place ???????

Was he not bothered about protecting Rice for the weekend ?
Or Balbuena ?
Or that other useless slowcoach Cunt Cresswell ?

They can’t be playing at Leicester then Using that logic .

I bet Noble plays though .

We moan about GSB but that Cunt Moyes and his bum chum Irvine are as bad if not worse.
Our Obergruppenfuhrer agrees it would seem ...
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:47 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 am What a strange line up...C'mon.. Nobes and Snoddy away to Everton and a chance of a nice lttle qtr final against spuds maybe...
FFS...

That's the typical blinkered biased response I would expect. Yes lets take off someone who at least scored and another player who just gets fucked about and leave on a useless lazy donkey.
I'm afraid I'm not the blinkered one here pal...............First of all I'm one of the few guys that sticks up for Anderson,
he to me is a very good player who we should be using more,and not as a left Winger,but I'm also big enough and realistic
enough to know when a guy is not on it and having a poor game...as he was...last two ties he's been very near to
MOTM....thats not been mentioned.......

Some people seem to think.. Score a goal ...thats yer game done your a hero...you can have absolute stinkers and score
a goal...
Simple fact Snoddy was tiring more than Nobes he was Knackered at the end couldn't get near anything was being
brushed aside...moreso than Nobes...I'm talking bout a the Game last night and what I would have potentially done
as Manager....

All about Opinion bud....but if you think Nobes is Lazy..I'm very much doubting your football Knowledge............

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Why do you think we conceded 4 goals. Does he ever get back into our box unless there is a corner or free kick. Reality is he's the problem and should never be on the pitch unless we want to get relegated. I just relate what I see and don't try to protect anyone. Yes and I know it's Moyes fault for picking him but the reason we lost last night wasn't because of Lanzini, Anderson or Snoddy. Quite frankly we wouldn't even have got that far with that midfield.