Antonio Injury

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Antonio Injury

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:42 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:21 pm Got a hammie when he was played for Jamaica against Canada which Canada won 2-1. Antonio limped off on 18th minutes and that hamstring could be a while to heal so expected him to be out for a while which will not be missed too much for West Ham as he is already out of sort.

So then Bugeyes, can you put Mubama up front now? Ings is useless and Bowen is more of a right winger.
Might be a blessing in disguise but might also be bullshit. Seems quite a few picking up 'injuries' in these unimportant international games.
Hasn’t that always been the case? Internationals ? Fuck ‘em
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Bad news if the injuries are long term and the club stops Mubama from going out on loan to get valuable experience.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

We presume that sending Mubama out on loan will now entice him to sign a new contract. There again we presume a lot and often. Who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

This couldnt be a better time to actually give the lad a break, unless there are those who actually think we can achieve more than staying up, i am not one of them. If the club seriously want to retain him it is time to put up or shut up. Come next season, unless we keep the old crocks, we are going to need the likes of Mubama and i am sure he wouldnt like it to be merely to fill the squad to make up a certain mandatory quota.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:21 am We presume that sending Mubama out on loan will now entice him to sign a new contract. There again we presume a lot and often. Who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

This couldnt be a better time to actually give the lad a break, unless there are those who actually think we can achieve more than staying up, i am not one of them. If the club seriously want to retain him it is time to put up or shut up. Come next season, unless we keep the old crocks, we are going to need the likes of Mubama and i am sure he wouldnt like it to be merely to fill the squad to make up a certain mandatory quota.
My understanding, from what I read from the more reliable news outlets as opposed to the clickbait rumour mill, is that Mubama was very pissed off when a previously agreed season long loan didn't happen, Understandably the lad is desperate to play some meaningful football and I guess he is realistic enough to know he isn't ready for regular PL football and wants to go out on loan to further his football education. It must also be soul destroying for him to see Ings trundled out on a regular basis when change is needed and his frustration is perfectly understandable.

I'd like to see him get some exposure in our first team but, overall, I think it would be better for the player if he was sent out for the second half of the season to a club where he will get selected for a starting spot instead of being used as a stop gap when someone presses the panic button.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I think anyone who knows he hasnt got a hope in hells chance of starting for the first eleven and is only ever likely to get a cameo role if lucky would be pissed off with sitting on the bench whilst denied a chance to ply his trade , even tempoararily elsewhere..

Moyes has now every opportunity to put actions in the place of his gob, but as we know the twat is a vindictive shit and all is always about Moyes, so he would rather do what is goid for him and not for the whole.

Mubama might fail, who knows?!, but he will never succeed if not given a chance. And lets be honest, he couldnt fare any worse than Antonio atm, and Antonio i myself would leave to rot all season. What little faith i had in him went south with his antics on Social Media.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

whoever mentioned cornet up top, reckon its a good shout. he's hardly had a kick in the past year , although when he started i thought he was doing ok until his long term injury.
i reckon its more likely than moyes giving the kids a go.
Burnley are a physical side (or were, havent seen them this season) so would rather someone with a presence up top, which is not ings.
could be a long and trying xmas schedule.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

He'll play soucek up front.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:08 pm He'll play soucek up front.
Actually having seen highlights of the Arsenal v Burnley game last week that's not as dopey as it sounds. Burnley's goalkeeper had everyone dusting off the old vampire joke about him crapping himself every time he saw a cross. This is one game where a diet of crosses into the box should reap dividends so, for me, Soucek has to start this one, although not as the main striker, which I think should be given to Mubama to see how he copes. Ought to be a nice gentle introduction. Burnley are crap.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Hearing it’s not a hamstring issue with Antonio but knee ligaments.
Luckily that doesn’t affect our attackers in the squad coz according to the official site we don’t have any :lol:
Attachments
image0.png
image0.png (117.3 KiB) Viewed 282 times
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Out for the season by the sounds of it.

Serves Moyes right .

The Cunt .
Bring back Jonathon !