West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:25 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:59 pm Let's see how our Summer is going then:

Captain left.
No signings.
Half of coaching staff left.
New captain not named.

2 weeks tonight the PL start.

Going swimmingly well lads.

It's been mentioned before,but I don't think new players are interested in coming to play for Moyes after last years,"Let's stay behind the half way line" fiasco? It seems the coaches aren't that keen either.

After winning a European Trophy,you would think many couldn't wait for the new season to begin,but the combination of Sullivan and Moyes has a struck a steel toe cap straight in the b*llocks of our fans!

What a mess.
Whether or not you think Ward Prowse is worth 35m is immaterial because Southampton do. And whether or not you think he'd be a good signing is the same. Because McDullard does and he picks the team.

JWP is the only player linked who wants to sign not including Borges and even that's taking an eternity, He was on the verge of signing ten days ago. But we insult Southampton with a derisory offer. Fucking clueless, amateurish and classless. The noshers will no doubt say it's just an offer to test the water. If I were the Saints boss I'd tell JWP we refuse to do business with West Ham, full stop.

I'm reminded of the Joke...

An old Jewish guy sees the winning lottery numbers and prays to God.

'Lord....it's not much to ask. I go to the synagogue regularly, I've been a good person. Would it hurt you to grant me the gift of some money to ease me through my final years in comfort ?'

And God replies..

'Sully.....meet me half way at least

.......Buy a ticket'.
I haven’t a problem with the offer we put into Southampton, it much the same as Arsenal did to us.
Should Sully have said we refuse to deal with Arsenal now?
We in the end got what we wanted, if we serious about JWP we will have to pay what Soton want.

I’m far from a Moyes nosher, but it is part of the negotiating process.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:27 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:25 am

Whether or not you think Ward Prowse is worth 35m is immaterial because Southampton do. And whether or not you think he'd be a good signing is the same. Because McDullard does and he picks the team.

JWP is the only player linked who wants to sign not including Borges and even that's taking an eternity, He was on the verge of signing ten days ago. But we insult Southampton with a derisory offer. Fucking clueless, amateurish and classless. The noshers will no doubt say it's just an offer to test the water. If I were the Saints boss I'd tell JWP we refuse to do business with West Ham, full stop.

I'm reminded of the Joke...

An old Jewish guy sees the winning lottery numbers and prays to God.

'Lord....it's not much to ask. I go to the synagogue regularly, I've been a good person. Would it hurt you to grant me the gift of some money to ease me through my final years in comfort ?'

And God replies..

'Sully.....meet me half way at least

.......Buy a ticket'.
I haven’t a problem with the offer we put into Southampton, it much the same as Arsenal did to us.
We in the end got what we wanted, if we serious about JWP we will have to pay what Soton want.

We'll have to agree to disagree mate. 17m plus 3m add ons for a player worth north of 50m last year is an insult. Because of parachute payments, relegated clubs don't have to sell cheap now.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:34 am
Towie wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:27 am

We'll have to agree to disagree mate. 17m plus 3m add ons for a player worth north of 50m last year is an insult. Because of parachute payments, relegated clubs don't have to sell cheap now.
Do you think we should pay £50m for him, he certainly not worth that now.
Just because our idiot of a manager wants doesn’t mean we should pay over the odds.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Clubs know we have the cash. Clubs also know we are literally cunts to deal with. Any dealings now are in the sellers interest.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:38 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:34 am

Do you think we should pay £50m for him, he certainly not worth that now.
Just because our idiot of a manager wants doesn’t mean we should pay over the odds.
My take on it....

We've signed nobody. The season is two weeks away and there's a good chance we'll have the same start to it as last year because of Moyes and the lack of new blood. If he wants JWP just offer a sensible fee as he'll need at least that time to gel with the squad. It's all very well playing hardball but this should have been done weeks ago. We're getting desperate.

And the fact JWP is included in today's Saints squad against AZ proves they're not just rolling over. There was a suggestion that him being left out against Bournemouth the other day was a 'sign'.

So in a roundabout answer to your question, no, not 50m of course but 27m plus 3m add ons would to me have been a good starting place and should have been offered as soon as the window opened. We knew Rice was leaving.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I never thought that Declan was worth £105 million, but that was what Sullivan wanted Arsenal paid for him.
What I did find impressive was the Man City approach, they put in a decent bid and a fair valuation, it got refused so they moved on. Simple and decisive.
How many times have you heard over the years that West Ham have put in a derisory bid for a player and we were left empty handed ?
Maguire....45 million, Barnes 35 million, JWP 40 million, these were their clubs valuations of the players, touted about long before we put in a bid. FFS Declan s price was banded about 18 months ago, That's what Arsenal paid for him.
If you think the valuation is too high look somewhere else for fucks sake, stop trying to look like a modern day Del Boy and get some fucker in who can do the job you want.without having to insult other clubs.
If you want to bring in players who have played in supposedly the best league in the world and for their sins are classed as English expect to pay a premium.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

2 WEEKS before Premier League start and yet NO SIGNINGS YET!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We only have 20 first teamer available so far today

GK: Fabianski, Areola
RB: Coufal, Johnson
LB: Emerson, Cresswell
DC: Zouma, Aguerd, Kehrer, Ogbonna
DM: Downes, Soucek, Paqueta
AMR: Bowen
AMC: Fornals
AML: Benrahma, Cornets
SC: Antonio, Scamacca, Mubama

We need FIVE at least or 6 if Cresswell leave which at the moment Wolves has stalled the transfer.

Time is RUNNING OUT! NO Rice replacement and that is POOR MANAGEMENT at the clubs!!!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

:lol: :lol:
And another rant.....
Why is Antonio, Cresswell and Vlasic still on the books.....they have all had offers put in and ALL have been refused.... 2 of them are well passed their sell by date and aren't worth fuck all the other is another expensive fuck up by Moyes.
£2.5 million for Cresswell..... Sully wants double that....yet still complains that players are overvalued...pott, kettle and black spring to mind.
£11 million for Vlasic, he's not going to play for us,...there are not many offers for him...get rid..and accept you've fucked up .....again
Antonio out of contract at the end of season pocket £5 million and get on with it.

But oh no we will fuck up negotiations and also more importantly the moral of the players involved.

Fucking comedy

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:32 am I never thought that Declan was worth £105 million, but that was what Sullivan wanted Arsenal paid for him.
What I did find impressive was the Man City approach, they put in a decent bid and a fair valuation, it got refused so they moved on. Simple and decisive.
How many times have you heard over the years that West Ham have put in a derisory bid for a player and we were left empty handed ?
Maguire....45 million, Barnes 35 million, JWP 40 million, these were their clubs valuations of the players, touted about long before we put in a bid. FFS Declan s price was banded about 18 months ago, That's what Arsenal paid for him.
If you think the valuation is too high look somewhere else for fucks sake, stop trying to look like a modern day Del Boy and get some fucker in who can do the job you want.without having to insult other clubs.
If you want to bring in players who have played in supposedly the best league in the world and for their sins are classed as English expect to pay a premium.
It's the game Sullivan plays, he couldn't careless if we got him or not, his derisory bids are a mask for his real agenda. " Not our fault, we tried and failed". Had a small break last season through necessity, but he feels things can return to normal.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:21 pm :lol: :lol:
And another rant.....
Why is Antonio, Cresswell and Vlasic still on the books.....they have all had offers put in and ALL have been refused.... 2 of them are well passed their sell by date and aren't worth fuck all the other is another expensive fuck up by Moyes.
£2.5 million for Cresswell..... Sully wants double that....yet still complains that players are overvalued...pott, kettle and black spring to mind.
£11 million for Vlasic, he's not going to play for us,...there are not many offers for him...get rid..and accept you've fucked up .....again
Antonio out of contract at the end of season pocket £5 million and get on with it.

But oh no we will fuck up negotiations and also more importantly the moral of the players involved.

Fucking comedy
I would get rid of the three of them tomorrow, Antonio appears to be chasing the money, Vlasic, as you say is not likely to play, and Cresswell is going only one way. Is he waiting for replacements he doesn't appear to bring in before he sells.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest