THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: THE FINAL

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:07 am It’s only ever Benrahma or Fornals. Always has been .

Barring injury it’s always first sub made whatever way round it is .

No point in having more than 12/13 players as Moyes never considers others.

It’s the reason every team we play has sussed is out .

If WE know…

One trick pony . Out the Cunt.
My thoughts also, if he wants to start Fornals then because of Moyes inability to change it has to be Benny
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

I notice the Fiorentina manager has called McDullard 'one of the best managers in England'.

Encouraging news. If his players are as high on drugs as him we can't fail to win.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:10 am I notice the Fiorentina manager has called McDullard 'one of the best managers in England'.

Encouraging news. If his players are as high on drugs as him we can't fail to win.
:lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 am Would you omit Benny from the starting lineup and start Fornals as has been hinted at by Moyes so a rumour says. Or would you choose another candidate?

I think it would be a kick in the teeth for Benny. Ok I agree he has negatives spoken of in other posts but if performances determined whether you got, kept or lost your place, or to put it as Moyes did " you have to earn your place", then there is at least one candidate that deserves replacing more than he.

Personally i think if you want to replace a player the last thing you do is bring up performances when the player you are thinking of replacing is by far not the worse offender. So if Its true Moyes really needs to answer truthfully Benny's question " why me? "
Unfortunately this discussion, whilst a very common one for obvious reasons, is one we shouldn't need to have. Benrahma, who tbh I have never really rated, and Fornals, who I always have, are totally different players. It is only Moyes' inability to be flexible with systems that has forced us into an either or situation.

Benrahma is a wide, pacy player with the ability on his day to take players on and beat them with pace. His problem, at least uin my book, is that he's not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to decision making and his awareness when we're out of posession is non existent. Fornals has no pace and isn't the best in a one on one but his vision and ability to see an opening is, imo, the best in the club, and I'm including Paqueta in that. Combine Fornals and Benrahma and you'd have one hell of a player, but one who would be at Real Madrid or Manchester City and not West Ham.

But no reason, given the right tactical approach, why they couldn't play together in the same team. Won#'t happen under the present regime though for obvios reasons.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Can't fucking wait. To all those going to Prague, I know you will give 1000% vocal support; to those on social media, give nothing but encouragement, and to all those who will watch on the day, what a rollercoaster it will be, we made it to the final day so lets celebrate and enjoy it, and make sure we fucking win it. Come on You IRONS!
Matamata

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:24 pm
h69 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Yawn !!!!

Remind me to resurrect this lecture when you moan about the playing style after we win 1-0 in a league game next season.
What the hell has playing style got to do with the topic of this particular discussion ?
Your 'winning is everything' lecture...keep up !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:24 pm

What the hell has playing style got to do with the topic of this particular discussion ?
Your 'winning is everything' lecture...keep up !
Are you saying the purpose of playing professional sport isn't to win ? Please enlighten us with more pearls of your homespun wisdom.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Felt sick during 2nd leg vs Alkmaar, not sure how much I am looking forward to the game, think it will be hard times during 90 mins, but our heroes will save us at the end.
Matamata

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

aklhammer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:03 am Felt sick during 2nd leg vs Alkmaar, not sure how much I am looking forward to the game, think it will be hard times during 90 mins, but our heroes will save us at the end.
I am not looking forward to it tbh.

Moyes will set us up to defend and I that will suit Fiorentina.

I can predict what will happen

They will go at us from the off and deservedly take the lead within the first 20 minutes.Then they will try to close the game up with niggly fouls and the normal sh*t from the Italians.

Moyes will be happy to sit on a 1-0 deficit till the last 10 minutes and try to get the goal back,where it will comes to nothing.

The Fiorentina fans/press think this is going to be a walk in the park,because they know exactly the way we are going set up.

They are not one of the very best teams in Italy,but are a good team.I suppose you would compare them to a Brighton or a Brentford,where a Moyes Team has failed terribly against.

I PRAY THAT I'M SO SO WRONG.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

aklhammer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:50 am Can't fucking wait. To all those going to Prague, I know you will give 1000% vocal support
Nah…… I’ll be in a titty bar, up to my neck in cheap Eastern European minge. As long as you’re packing plastic you’re “guaranteed” a happy ending 😉😉
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"