Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:41 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 am

Head down , lack of awareness, greedy cunt .

Numbers wasn’t wrong .
Never used to be greedy.
Correct .
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 am
palerider wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 am
Good against Everton and Forest. And Wolves before the WC break. All teams struggling at the time. Piss poor for most of the rest of the season tbh apart from a few brief nuggets here and there.

Either the England caps have gone to his head or shagging Dani Dyer has worn the cunt out. It would me, :lol:

McDullard will stick with him though, it's what he does.
Head down , lack of awareness, greedy cunt .

Numbers wasn’t wrong .
Well if Bowen scores one more goal he will be.
Tbh you could say it about all our players this season, they all been crap and you can only blame one person for that.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:27 am
garnett wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:20 am

Its looking like we will have another option who Gonzo seems to think will be our life saver, cornet, I disagree with his assessment but am convinced he will be on sooner than later in place of Benrahma regardless of on day performance, and you`re right we are doomed.
Yep if Cornet is going to get a decent chance then it should be at Bowen’s expense .

Been shit for how long ?
He has been poor generally this season. But who hasn't ? It's difficult to disagree with any of the negative comments about Bowen here but my issue with dropping him is twofold really. If we do, who do we replace him with and short of making 7 or 8 changes has he been any worse than most of the rest ?

In defence of Bowen he does at least put in a shift. I know there is something of a love in with Benrahma, and to a lesser extent Paqueta, and I will agree that Benrahma, on his day, is capable of doing something a little bit special to turn a game. But is he the person, to use an expression Stuart Pearce uses a lot, you would want next to you in the trenches in a battle ? Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating Benrahma be dropped. He has been one of the better players in the last 2 or 3 games and, whilst I agree that's a very low bar indeed, it is at least a bar of some sort to judge people by.

It's stupid to say Paqueta is crap. Crap players don't win as many caps for Brazil as he does. But he hasn't, imo, shown anything like the form he must have shown to win those caps in West Ham colours. A game influencer he appears not to be. He is no Payet, not even close, despite costing twice as much and I fail to see any justification for handing him a starting shirt at this moment in time.

But isn't it a sorry state of affairs when, after a brief 15 minute cameo against a side who would struggle to give even Nottingham Forset a decent workout, Cornet seems to be the name we are all clamouring for to be included. Imo he did more in the brief time he was on than most of the others out there and, sad as it is, deserves a start against Villa for that reason alone. But personally I would play him with Bowen and Benrahma instead of replacing one of them with him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:03 am

Yep if Cornet is going to get a decent chance then it should be at Bowen’s expense .

Been shit for how long ?
He has been poor generally this season. But who hasn't ? It's difficult to disagree with any of the negative comments about Bowen here but my issue with dropping him is twofold really. If we do, who do we replace him with and short of making 7 or 8 changes has he been any worse than most of the rest ?

In defence of Bowen he does at least put in a shift. I know there is something of a love in with Benrahma, and to a lesser extent Paqueta, and I will agree that Benrahma, on his day, is capable of doing something a little bit special to turn a game. But is he the person, to use an expression Stuart Pearce uses a lot, you would want next to you in the trenches in a battle ? Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating Benrahma be dropped. He has been one of the better players in the last 2 or 3 games and, whilst I agree that's a very low bar indeed, it is at least a bar of some sort to judge people by.

It's stupid to say Paqueta is crap. Crap players don't win as many caps for Brazil as he does. But he hasn't, imo, shown anything like the form he must have shown to win those caps in West Ham colours. A game influencer he appears not to be. He is no Payet, not even close, despite costing twice as much and I fail to see any justification for handing him a starting shirt at this moment in time.

But isn't it a sorry state of affairs when, after a brief 15 minute cameo against a side who would struggle to give even Nottingham Forset a decent workout, Cornet seems to be the name we are all clamouring for to be included. Imo he did more in the brief time he was on than most of the others out there and, sad as it is, deserves a start against Villa for that reason alone. But personally I would play him with Bowen and Benrahma instead of replacing one of them with him.
Up top ?
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:34 pm

Up top ?
Why not?! He himself said in an interview he would prefer to play there but preferance and capable are two different kettles of fish. But as things have been it couldn't be worse.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Been shit for how long ?

I don't think it's the 15 minute cameo against Larnaca that is the reason we are calling for Cornet to be included in the starting eleven though it showed once again what he has in his locker , because prior to his injury , injuries and feigning death he was showing good touch and pace . As far as Bowen goes I actually think he needs to be dropped to regain his focus/mojo but defenitely a starter , Benrahma for me can win a game on his own in 10 minutes and then go missing for the other 80 minutes .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:16 pm

I don't think it's the 15 minute cameo against Larnaca that is the reason we are calling for Cornet to be included in the starting eleven though it showed once again what he has in his locker , because prior to his injury , injuries and feigning death he was showing good touch and pace . As far as Bowen goes I actually think he needs to be dropped to regain his focus/mojo but defenitely a starter , Benrahma for me can win a game on his own in 10 minutes and then go missing for the other 80 minutes .
I’d drop Bowen right now for a half fit Cornet . Cornet is a Moyes dream , could probably play anywhere if required but one place Moyes will never play him is in Bowen’s.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Up top ?
Ings has to play imo.

Maybe something like

Areola
Coufal/Johnson Aguerd/Zouma. Ogbonna. Emerson
Rice. Fornals
Cornet. Bowen. Benrahma
Ings

Fuck knows if it would work but nothing else see ms to. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:39 pm

Up top ?
Ings has to play imo.

Maybe something like

Areola
Coufal/Johnson Aguerd/Zouma. Ogbonna. Emerson
Rice. Fornals
Cornet. Bowen. Benrahma