2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Fade-and-Die

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by Fade-and-Die »

h69 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:18 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:32 pm Best WC final in living memory - utterly thrilling

Qatar don't deserve the reflective glory but there it is.
In my opinion has been the best Final ever in the best World Cup ever. Superb matches, some great upsets, great stadia, good weather and fans causing little to no trouble; Ronaldo crying like a baby too. Plus the virtue signallers all got triggered by it being in a country whose culture thinks people who make up their own gender are weird.

A win all round for me.
One of the safest World Cups ever, lowest ever levels of hooliganism, violence and alcoholism, least number of arrests and best behaved fans.

So are you saying it was the benders causing all the trouble in the past? :o

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Fade-and-Die wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:05 pm

In my opinion has been the best Final ever in the best World Cup ever. Superb matches, some great upsets, great stadia, good weather and fans causing little to no trouble; Ronaldo crying like a baby too. Plus the virtue signallers all got triggered by it being in a country whose culture thinks people who make up their own gender are weird.

A win all round for me.
One of the safest World Cups ever, lowest ever levels of hooliganism, violence and alcoholism, least number of arrests and best behaved fans.

I like the way you did that mate. One in the eye for the PC police. You could argue that "benders" referred to those who go "on a bender"----M'lud that is a term used by the hoi polloi to describe those who indulge in partaking of alcohol to excess-----as opposed to the alternative meaning which describes those odd souls who like to indulge in a bit of fudge packing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:19 pm

I like the way you did that mate. One in the eye for the PC police. You could argue that "benders" referred to those who go "on a bender"----M'lud that is a term used by the hoi polloi to describe those who indulge in partaking of alcohol to excess-----as opposed to the alternative meaning which describes those odd souls who like to indulge in a bit of fudge packing.
Positively revolting: that fudge gets everywhere,wiped on towels,duvets,discarded smudges on sofa cushions,upholstery - turning to dust,to be wafted into kitchens,dining areas and carpets...what a life

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

We all know where this thread is heading :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

A win all round for me.

:D

Well there were less people out there trying to decide what gender they are, less hexadecimal people and less worrying about what they can get offended by so maybe.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Probably the fear of being publicly flogged and arse raped in a Qatari prison dampened down the enthusiasm
for a bit of hooliganism.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I said before and I will say it again, if we had some of their rules in the UK,you wouldn't get half the crime.Actually you would get very little,

Drug Dealers would be off our streets once they say,we'll chop off your hands or your head...Nobody trying to break into your house and thieve your stuff.Sounds great to me.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:35 pm I said before and I will say it again, if we had some of their rules in the UK,you wouldn't get half the crime.Actually you would get very little,

Drug Dealers would be off our streets once they say,we'll chop off your hands or your head...Nobody trying to break into your house and thieve your stuff.Sounds great to me.
I heard Sharia law and it's courts were already operating in Leytonstone tel and probably in a
few midland shitholes as well. Drug dealers no way but you nick your neighbors sheep and you will lose a hand. :) 8
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Post by 9898 »

Worst world Cup ever.
Very poor quality football with no outstanding team or player.
Absolute zilch atmosphere at games except Argwbtuna and Morocco..
Fan experience must have been appalling I don't drink at game as don't see the point but for lots it's part off the experience and without it would have left them empty.
Every game felt soulless.
No feeling of a world cup outside the grounds with fans meeting, mingling and drinking together.
Practically every game was a bore fest of negative e football.

Basically didn't feel like a world cup.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:23 am Worst world Cup ever.
Very poor quality football with no outstanding team or player.
Absolute zilch atmosphere at games except Argwbtuna and Morocco..
Fan experience must have been appalling I don't drink at game as don't see the point but for lots it's part off the experience and without it would have left them empty.
Every game felt soulless.
No feeling of a world cup outside the grounds with fans meeting, mingling and drinking together.
Practically every game was a bore fest of negative e football.

Basically didn't feel like a world cup.
I never felt the urge or inclination to watch any of it so I guess that sums it up from my perspective.

I bet we were the best career-criminal worshippers though
Bring back Jonathon !