2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:23 am
JayK wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:59 am

blind football is more entertaining than Moyes football
Sounds worth watching :lol:
It’s quite funny tbh. They have a bell inside the ball. Like a big cat toy
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:29 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:23 am

Sounds worth watching :lol:
Ffs did you just make that up you Cunt ?

Talk about mocking the afflicted…

Mind you on a serious note and back on topic , I watched ONE game during this World Cup (us vs Wales) and that was enough to put me off watching anymore of it .

I feel I’ve missed out on nothing at all , not a sausage , bugger all .
I do however hope that the holy Waistcoat stays in his post as England manager . In fact I hope the FA offer him a life-long contract extension to keep the cunt away from the Premier League .
But not as much as I hope the Scottish FA come and rescue Moyes a bit sharpish .

For my sanity you understand.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:42 am
JayK wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:29 am

Ffs did you just make that up you Cunt ?

Talk about mocking the afflicted…

Mind you on a serious note and back on topic , I watched ONE game during this World Cup (us vs Wales) and that was enough to put me off watching anymore of it .

I feel I’ve missed out on nothing at all , not a sausage , bugger all .
I do however hope that the holy Waistcoat stays in his post as England manager . In fact I hope the FA offer him a life-long contract extension to keep the cunt away from the Premier League .
But not as much as I hope the Scottish FA come and rescue Moyes a bit sharpish .

For my sanity you understand.
No mate, it’s fact. Played in the paralympics. Cracks me up.

I wasn’t gonna watch much of the World Cup this time but I just couldn’t help myself. There were some real shocks, poor reffing, poor var work. Personally thought it was a pretty crap tournament.

The thought of the Scottish FA coming in for Moyes is just a dream I never considered and now I’m disappointed they haven’t. Thanks for that :roll:
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:32 pm Best WC final in living memory - utterly thrilling

Qatar don't deserve the reflective glory but there it is.
In my opinion has been the best Final ever in the best World Cup ever. Superb matches, some great upsets, great stadia, good weather and fans causing little to no trouble; Ronaldo crying like a baby too. Plus the virtue signallers all got triggered by it being in a country whose culture thinks people who make up their own gender are weird.

A win all round for me.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 am Safegate decides to stay ffs

We will never win fuck all with that wet lettuce in charge.
But isn't it the same as it is with us and Moyes ? If not Southgate, then who ? There are only 2 English managers who have any sort of reputation at all, Eddie Howe and Graham Potter. Is Howe likely to walk away from Newcastle ? And Potter has just got his first "big club" gig and will probably want to prove himself in that job. And if it all goes tits up for him does his reputation suffer ?

A conundrum indeed. And whether we like it or not Southgate is the most successful England manager since Ramsey. Sad, but true,.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:08 pm

Was a one horse race until France scored their first, agreed. But I stand by my comment that there was more entertainment in that game, including the first 80 minutes, than our fucking lot have provided us with all season.

Of course that will all change from Boxing Day onwards.
But you’re comparing World Cup football with Moyes football. Hell, blind football is more entertaining than Moyes football
Please clarify. Are you saying blind people playing football is more entertaining than Moyesball or are you saying you will only be entertained by Moyesball if, in fact, you are blind ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 am
Ironically, he was a player that Moyes didn't really want.
[/quote]

Wrong thread Tez ? Or wrong forum ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:41 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:25 pm
After appraising the skill levels and general competency on show in the recent friendly's, I can see West Ham being involved in some high scoring games.
I watched one of the blogs a week or so ago and the guys were considering players who could be considered for player of the year. Benrahma was one of three. Which sums up our predicament rather neatly does it not ?

My biggest concern is that if the board do decide to swing the axe on the manager that they will probably miss the target. It would somehow be fitting if they sacked the tea lady or canteen manager instead.

Interestingly as an aside I read a comment about the referee being intimidated by the numbers of Argentinian fans and favouring them. Wouldn't be the first time an official has been influenced by the crowd into favouring the home side in a World Cup final would it ? 1966 anyone. :lol:

And how long will Brighton be able to hang onto that McAllister bloke now he's announced himself on the world stage.?
Rumour has it,Moyes didn't want Benramha and he could end to HOTY..How ironic would that be? :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:38 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 am
Ironically, he was a player that Moyes didn't really want.
Wrong thread Tez ? Or wrong forum ? :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah,fuck knows what happened there. :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:26 am

But you’re comparing World Cup football with Moyes football. Hell, blind football is more entertaining than Moyes football
Please clarify. Are you saying blind people playing football is more entertaining than Moyesball or are you saying you will only be entertained by Moyesball if, in fact, you are blind ?
Yes
COYI!!!