2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:08 pm Brazil should have had a fucking hatful tonight
Spain although they do tend to fuck around too much for my liking
France
Brazil
The 3 main contenders for the crown imo
As I said to my football crazy eldest grandson---"Spain play some lovely football but I can't see them winning it because they'll have trouble scoring gioals". He's reminded me of that a few times already. I know their opposition was poor but it appears they might have decided to take more shooting opportunities, particularly with the inclusion of Olmo and Asensio in their starting line up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 pm All the media are now sucking Brazil off.

Very similar to Portugal's Ronaldo whose being called 'phenomenon' and 'legend' after scoring a penalty against Ghana.
I think you will find that it is because he is the only player ever to score in 5 World cups and is Portugal's youngest ever and oldest ever scorer.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:50 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 pm All the media are now sucking Brazil off.

Very similar to Portugal's Ronaldo whose being called 'phenomenon' and 'legend' after scoring a penalty against Ghana.
I think you will find that it is because he is the only player ever to score in 5 World cups and is Portugal's youngest ever and oldest ever scorer.
Exactly this,one of the all time greats his record speaks for itself.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

General thoughts from the land of yellow and blue fanatic fans over here, is, that the team didn't play well,....ok first half wasn't that exciting..,...but they played just ok in the second half, according to most, not good just ok...... :?
Normally they all think they have the given right to win the world cup, as was the case at the beginning of this one before they kicked a ball
Now they don't think they have a chance...

And who do they blame........me ffs

Because apparently my team in England has ruined their best playmaker.....Paquetá....
My fault....,. :shock: :o :roll:

I tried to diffuse the situation by casually mentioning a certain 7-1 thrashing they received from the krauts ....but that didn't seem to help either.

So general thoughts here is that Brasil won't win the world cup and it is my fault that Paquetá is shit.......

Moyes out.... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 am General thoughts from the land of yellow and blue fanatic fans over here, is, that the team didn't play well,....ok first half wasn't that exciting..,...but they played just ok in the second half, according to most, not good just ok...... :?
Normally they all think they have the given right to win the world cup, as was the case at the beginning of this one before they kicked a ball

Because apparently my team in England has ruined their best playmaker.....Paquetá....

I tried to diffuse the situation by casually mentioning a certain 7-1 thrashing they received from the krauts ....but that didn't seem to help either.

So general thoughts here is that Brasil won't win the world cup and it is my fault that Paquetá is shit.......

I think we need the evidence of two group games to form firm opinions and with that in mind, I would say Wales are unlikely to receive many compliments via Twitter...this WC.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:12 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 am General thoughts from the land of yellow and blue fanatic fans over here, is, that the team didn't play well,....ok first half wasn't that exciting..,...but they played just ok in the second half, according to most, not good just ok...... :?

I think we need the evidence of two group games to form firm opinions and with that in mind, I would say Wales are unlikely to receive many compliments via Twitter...this WC.
You wouldn't be surprised if Wales got a winner with their luck.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:12 am
You wouldn't be surprised if Wales got a winner with their luck.
You'll never hear the last of it, if they do.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

First red card goes to ....... Hennessy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by andyginbrasil on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Iran score two goals again... consistency

Wales first team eliminated this WC

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Fuck off monkey boy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.