2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:48 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 pm

I think a lot of people in this country are fed up with the virtue signalling by our players,nevermind the rest of the World.It's like we are telling the rest that we are right and you are wrong.Other countries have their laws.You go there,you stick by them.If you don't agree,then don't go.
And a lot of other people are fed up with people foaming at the mouth and getting uptight over a stupid, meaningless gesture that has absolutely no impact, or relevance, whatsoever.

Oxygen of publicity I think Maggie called it back in the day.
If it is a "stupid meaningless gesture",then why are they doing it?

Personally, I have always let bygones be bygones.If people are gay that's fine by me.Like I treat anyone.I am one of them people that's never judged a book by it's cover.

It seems that we like to promote being gay in this country.I was at work last year and a manager was sticking Rainbow badges on colleagues coming through the door. has they were starting work.I just said "No Thanks".Why should I have something stuffed down my throat.

Like I said,Let bygones be bygones.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:43 am [
It now seems the wearing of the OneLove armband might have to be entirely shelved - as the match officials will issue yellow-cards to anyone using the
'field of honour' as an area for personal protest.

Harry Kane is a little upset because nobody tells HK what to do. Gareth Southgate is simpering in the background like a girl who has just had her first finger - watching which way the wind blows
Perhaps instead of wearing silly armbands Kane, as team captain, should arrange that, instead of walking in an orderly procession from tunnel to pitch, the team should appear in pairs, holding hands, and skipping. A sort of group mincing if you prefer to call it that.

And they seem to be promoting fudge packing to such an extent that it may be considered appropriate to enter the field of play to the strains of the old Tom Robinson anthem to turd burgling.

I have said it once,maybe twice,if we wanted to make a statement,we shouldn't have gone,end of.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:48 pm

And a lot of other people are fed up with people foaming at the mouth and getting uptight over a stupid, meaningless gesture that has absolutely no impact, or relevance, whatsoever.

Oxygen of publicity I think Maggie called it back in the day.

Personally, I have always let bygones be bygones.If people are gay that's fine by me.Like I treat anyone.I am one of them people that's never judged a book by it's cover.

It seems that we like to promote being gay in this country.I was at work last year and a manager was sticking Rainbow badges on colleagues coming through the door. has they were starting work.I just said "No Thanks".Why should I have something stuffed down my throat.

They could at least wine you and dine you 1st
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Foden on the bench apparently.We are going on the defensive.Iran are meant to be difficult opposition to break down,but we are leaving out probably our most creative player.Some say Phillips may even play,though I'd be very surprised if he did.

It's a toss up whose the most negative coach,Southgate or Moyes.

I have never ever missed an opening England game in either the World Cup or Euro's,I'm missing today's.

Coarse I want us to win,but this has to be least I ever been looking forward to an opening England game in a major competition.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:14 am Foden on the bench apparently.We are going on the defensive.Iran are meant to be difficult opposition to break down,but we are leaving out probably our most creative player.Some say Phillips may even play,though I'd be very surprised if he did.

It's a toss up whose the most negative coach,Southgate or Moyes.

I have never ever missed an opening England game in either the World Cup or Euro's,I'm missing today's.

Coarse I want us to win,but this has to be least I ever been looking forward to an opening England game in a major competition.
It's interesting if he decides to go cautious in this one, because to my mind Iran are more or less making up the numbers material. Use it to try and launch a front facing approach.

And with that in my mind and using subs, I would set up thus:

Pope
Trippier,Stones,White,Shaw
Rice, Bellingham
Saka,Foden,Grealish
Kane

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Hoping for a change from the usual ( though its like asking Moyes to put out his best eleven and go on the attack from the off ) , really don't want to see Pickford - Maquire - Mount or Sterling . Wanna see Pope - Coady - Maddison and Foden get the nod .

Pope
Trippier - Coady - Stones - Shaw
Rice - Bellingham
Saka - Maddison - Foden
Kane
Last edited by Clayton on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:02 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:39 am

They could at least wine you and dine you 1st
Not even a cup of tea!
Mind you I like to cut to the chase myself.
A quick look, a cosh to the nape of the neck and hey presto, she's bundled in to the back of my van in a flash.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Trouble is with mincers they can’t get their head round most people couldn’t give a fuck anymore.
Yet they still demand to be the centre of attention.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

So Wokeland and Wales captains not wearing the one love armband now ,shame Was looking forward to see marble mouth and monkey boy get a yellow before a ball was kicked.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

'This is an extraordinary climbdown by the FA'
Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol in Qatar:

"It is an extraordinary climbdown by the FA. They are going to get criticised a lot for it and, to be fair, I think they deserve a lot of that criticism.

"OK, Harry Kane would have got a yellow card - so what? Surely he should have just taken that yellow card on the chin.
:lol: