2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Well that's the first match over and done with.
Ecuador ran out comfortable 2-0 winners.
That is until tomorrow when Qatar lodge a complaint because the Ecuador shirts blinded them and the result is overturned.
So it's a 3-2 win for Qatar after all.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Without a doubt one of the worst World cup openers I've seen.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm Massive announcement by Lineker at half time.
"Some breaking news, before we head back to the stadium'. Gareth Southgate has said that England will take the knee before the game tomorrow ".
Gareth Southgate has breathlessly confirmed, the England team will be taking the knee pre their World Cup games.

"It's something we as a group do very well. And it's important that we continue to set an example with coordinated crouching"

...not everyone agrees It was thought that One-Love armbands and rainbow-laces would stop this kind of bollocks. However GS believes - even after the Covid period - it's still as popular as ever...
Who are we to tell the rest of the World that being gay is the norm and we should be taking the knee when we are all treated has equal, at least in our country?FIFA told us not to

Wouldn't it be funny if they kicked us out or deducted us points for our actions? :lol:

FFS.Just go and play the game.If you wanted to make a statement Southgate,you should have refuse to go.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

FIFA now saying Kane could be yellow carded for wearing the stupid armband....

When these utter cunts take the knee i hope they get the booing they deserve...it blatant politics and i really aint interested in it, particularly this shite, its bad enough having it forced on us on TV, MSM etc
And you can bet your last pound the TV people will be prepared and overdub the booing with cheering etc...
Last edited by Rick_Deckard on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

So Red Rum in a waistcoat gets to virtue signal all over again , this time from the desert eh ?

I hope the Iranians smash him and his merry men in tights .

Wussies
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:29 pm So Red Rum in a waistcoat gets to virtue signal all over again , this time from the desert eh ?

Wussies
Mr Southgate wants so desperately to be viewed as a statesman,however every gesture portrays him as a simpering egotist. Why don't the FA remind him, he's a football manager not a milk monitor on Mumsnet

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:09 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:29 pm So Red Rum in a waistcoat gets to virtue signal all over again , this time from the desert eh ?

Wussies
Mr Southgate wants so desperately to be viewed as a statesman,however every gesture portrays him as a simpering egotist. Why don't the FA remind him, he's a football manager not a milk monitor on Mumsnet
because they are as woke as it gets and in the box ticking business

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Wussies
I think a lot of people in this country are fed up with the virtue signalling by our players,nevermind the rest of the World.It's like we are telling the rest that we are right and you are wrong.Other countries have their laws.You go there,you stick by them.If you don't agree,then don't go.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 pm
I think a lot of people in this country are fed up with the virtue signalling by our players,nevermind the rest of the World.It's like we are telling the rest that we are right and you are wrong.Other countries have their laws.You go there,you stick by them.If you don't agree,then don't go.
And a lot of other people are fed up with people foaming at the mouth and getting uptight over a stupid, meaningless gesture that has absolutely no impact, or relevance, whatsoever.

Oxygen of publicity I think Maggie called it back in the day.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:48 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 pm

And a lot of other people are fed up with people foaming at the mouth and getting uptight over a stupid, meaningless gesture that has absolutely no impact, or relevance, whatsoever.

Oxygen of publicity I think Maggie called it back in the day.
You are of course correct.

However one can’t help the way one feels .

It doesn’t mean anything . But it’s people like Southgate and whoever is pulling his strings that are trying to give the impression we all feel the same way is what gets me foaming at the mouth .
Bring back Jonathon !