Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Its all our fault...

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 pm

Apart from City ;)
Not a lot wrong with their defence, except it seems to be built on the overall principle that attack is the best form of.
Yep, and I wouldn't give a hoot conceding 3 if we scored 4 or more. Well there might be a few squeeky bum times, but if the result was in our favour then I'm for it. Besides might be more entertaining than watching us grind out a 1-0 win and the GD will always be in the plus.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm Still cracking on going over there and a few aways a hard habit to break for me more about a good day and night out with pals seeing a few old faces a good few beers and a fucking good laugh.
A break from the old woman is also a bonus of course ;)
Hate fucking Sunday games though that to me is for a full day in the piss not interrupted by trudging over the fucking football.
Part of our success lately I suppose :D playing Thursday nights.
Still local so travel not a problem as it might be for others on here.
Wouldn’t judge if you go or not ,tbh couldn’t give a fuck
As I say suits me for the time being.
Next time over, take me with you. Last season at the old place and me and bruv on the piss at EHWM's. Covid season he took me to 2 games at the new gaff but wouldn't have a beer. Sad.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Not a lot wrong with their defence, except it seems to be built on the overall principle that attack is the best form of.
Yep, and I wouldn't give a hoot conceding 3 if we scored 4 or more. Well there might be a few squeeky bum times, but if the result was in our favour then I'm for it. Besides might be more entertaining than watching us grind out a 1-0 win and the GD will always be in the plus.
Problem with us though is when we have tried the front foot approach we get the conceding bit OK but we haven't quite mastered the art of putting enough away at the other end.

I still have nightmares about WHU 3 Wimbledon 4 and that was nearly 25 years ago FFS. Still haven't worked out how the Twitch managed to mastermind turning a 3-0 lead into a defeat. A big brown envelope maybe ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Re: Time to go on a long losing run

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:26 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:56 pm No true fan wants their team to lose, then again who ever accused numbers of being a fan at all, real or otherwise!?!
He's not alone is he ? Every so often we get these little gems

Relegation would be a price worth paying if it meant the end of (INSERT NAME HERE)
Or
I'd rather see us lose an entertaining gam,e 3-4 than sit through that crap
And my personal favourite
I'd rather watch my local team in the National League South than watch us grind out a bopring 1-0 win

Football is a sport FFS. The purpose of sport is to beat your opponent. Want entertainment at all costs ? Fuck off to the circus. Doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to the sort of football Man City play but we have to remember the big picture.

When I had my season ticket there were a couple of miserable old sods sitting nearby who often expressed those views or similar. Until we started to leak goals of course, then the music changed. :lol:
Hear, Hear. :lol:
Flairon

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

9898 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:24 am
Badly want a long losing run, say 10 - 15 games ….
Another dishonest post from our most dishonest poster.

Wanting us to continuously lose is the only genuine thing about him.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

HamstasParadise wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:45 am
9898 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:24 am
Badly want a long losing run, say 10 - 15 games ….
Another dishonest post from our most dishonest poster.

Wanting us to continuously lose is the only genuine thing about him.
I've never wanted to see my team lose,but Allardyce use to get test my resistance :roll:

terrya1965

If Daniel Křetínský Has Ambition for West Ham,he needs to act now.

Post by terrya1965 »

Aston Villa are thought to be interested in bringing Mauricio Pochettini in.I think Daniel needs to act now.We have got some decent players like Paquetta and Scamacca. Poch would bring the best out of them.We need a less pragmatic coach in Moyes,who prefers to play with the handbrake on until it's too late.

Ibbyham

Re: If Daniel Křetínský Has Ambition for West Ham,he needs to act now.

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am Aston Villa are thought to be interested in bringing Mauricio Pochettini in.I think Daniel needs to act now.We have got some decent players like Paquetta and Scamacca. Poch would bring the best out of them.We need a less pragmatic coach in Moyes,who prefers to play with the handbrake on until it's too late.
You could be right as most new owners usually bring stronger manager to bring success. Moyes took us as far as we can and so far this season eventhough we improved as of late but the play is still a bit weak and away to Liverpool we can tell how far we are behind the top 6. If Poch come to West Ham, he can bring us new dimension of plays, and could bring us to top 6 if possible as Moyes only can bring us to mid-table this season with the top 6 big clubs remains top 6 and now Newcastle joining in to be the big 7 that all qualify for what ever european competitions they are in so we need to join them .

We will see how our season panned out and hope Moyes to keep us improving but only up to mid-table.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:47 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am Aston Villa are thought to be interested in bringing Mauricio Pochettini in.I think Daniel needs to act now.We have got some decent players like Paquetta and Scamacca. Poch would bring the best out of them.We need a less pragmatic coach in Moyes,who prefers to play with the handbrake on until it's too late.
You could be right as most new owners usually bring stronger manager to bring success. Moyes took us as far as we can and so far this season eventhough we improved as of late but the play is still a bit weak and away to Liverpool we can tell how far we are behind the top 6. If Poch come to West Ham, he can bring us new dimension of plays, and could bring us to top 6 if possible as Moyes only can bring us to mid-table this season with the top 6 big clubs remains top 6 and now Newcastle joining in to be the big 7 that all qualify for what ever european competitions they are in so we need to join them .

We will see how our season panned out and hope Moyes to keep us improving but only up to mid-table.
7th isnt a guarantee, so if certainty is required we need top 6 minimum., not even certain 6th is a gaurantee. Only certainties are top five and the cup winners.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Said it all along Tel.
But until that midget hands over the reigns we're stuck with him.
For the time being the lemur simply fits the bill. We won't go down, but we won't improve either.
It's Everton all over again with Soucek playing the part of Fellaini, he hasn't changed one iota in all his managerial career and he never will.
We'll go to Liverpool tomorrow defend like fuck and still lose, we're through to the knockouts in Europe and he still won't play the youngsters.
Fucking maddening.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.