Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Watcher

Re: Declan Rice is a defensive midfielder

Post by Watcher »

Towie wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:55 pm Thought our box to box midfielder was Soucek?

Until Moyes swapped them last season.
Terrible decision to swap them!

But Ive lost faith in Soucek, not good enough technique, passing and lack of pace hinders him, I would try to convert him into a centre back before selling him, see how does there, could work :idea:

Post by 9898 »

Watcher wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:22 pm Someone better tell Moyes

Well let´s be honest his long shots are shit, doesn´t get many assists and I want goals and assists from box to box midfielders

He´s the best tackler by far in the team so should be the DM not the unmobile Soucek

The solution?

Put Fornals in the box to box position, see how Downes does there

Then buy a proper box to box midfielder in January if Fornals and/or Downes don´t nail the position down

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Rice is the epitome of a player who has grown too big for the club......and he knows it.
Turned into a real prima donna( I called this 12 months ago) who throws his arms up and performs every 2 minutes.
Should have sold Rice in the summer if any takers as his value is decreasing g rapidly.
Rice comes back from current England duty even more disillusioned.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

9898 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:18 pm

Well let´s be honest his long shots are shit, doesn´t get many assists and I want goals and assists from box to box midfielders

He´s the best tackler by far in the team so should be the DM not the unmobile Soucek

The solution?

Then buy a proper box to box midfielder in January if Fornals and/or Downes don´t nail the position down

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Rice is the epitome of a player who has grown too big for the club......and he knows it.
Turned into a real prima donna( I called this 12 months ago) who throws his arms up and performs every 2 minutes.
Should have sold Rice in the summer if any takers as his value is decreasing g rapidly.
Rice comes back from current England duty even more disillusioned.
Rice's value hasn't really decreased, just the inflated valuation as time goes by. He was never worth The 150 mil plus we were asking, and everyone bar their dogs knew that. We would still get around 70 mil if we sold him, and that was around his true value at the time.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

The solution?

Have often said that Rice's contribution to our goal tally is negligible, it would have been more productive to have kept things as they were originally.

Many criticise Soucek for his input since last season, and looking back on Sundays game, rightfully so. But I ask myself how much of his performance is down to where he now plays and how much is down to attitude.

Would be interesting to see how it works going back to how it was. Also the Formals idea sounds a good one. At least we know he is back and forth.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Completely agree Joe. Declan Rice imo is a quality defensive player in midfield but there is no way in the world is he a major asset going forward. His goal output is negligible and he doesn't produce the "killer" passes that cretae opportunities for others.

But take him away from his defensive duties and I think we see the negative impact it has on the defence. He is an excellent defensive shield and should be deployed in that role which would allow Soucek, who is capable of a decent goals tally, to play the more forward role of the duo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Yeah it would be interesting to see Soucek in his proper position again (and Rice ofc)

If Soucek will not improve in the box to box we've got Fornals and Downes who might work, but if not we need to sign someone before Jan 1st

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Watcher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:58 pm Yeah it would be interesting to see Soucek in his proper position again (and Rice ofc)

If Soucek will not improve in the box to box we've got Fornals and Downes who might work, but if not we need to sign someone before Jan 1st
We can’t . The window opens on 1st January.
Bring back Jonathon !

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:37 pm
Watcher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:58 pm Yeah it would be interesting to see Soucek in his proper position again (and Rice ofc)

We can’t . The window opens on 1st January.
Mr Brainiac we could sign a player tomorrow but of course he couldn´t play until January 1st,

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

I FULLY ENDORSE THIS THREAD!!

MOYES GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ASAP OR FUCKING RESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:43 pm Completely agree Joe. Declan Rice imo is a quality defensive player in midfield but there is no way in the world is he a major asset going forward. His goal output is negligible and he doesn't produce the "killer" passes that cretae opportunities for others.

But take him away from his defensive duties and I think we see the negative impact it has on the defence. He is an excellent defensive shield and should be deployed in that role which would allow Soucek, who is capable of a decent goals tally, to play the more forward role of the duo.
Let's be honest Rice and Soucek rarely school anybody else's midfield..We have always relied on the counter attack..I do agree though,we were more effective when Rice stayed at he back and Soucek went forward.