West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Towie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 pm Citeh 5-1 up at Wolves…

Could get messy on Sunday. :o :o
The only difference that Wolves don't have a defensive midfielder with high quality to stop Dy Bruyen and they don't have a RICE with them.

Our RICE will man-marked De Bruyne and he will be watching that game against Wolves and he know what to do.

Rice want this match a win for a gift to Nobes as Nobes brought Rice to top player as he is now.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Towie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 pm Citeh 5-1 up at Wolves…

Could get messy on Sunday. :o :o
The only difference that Wolves don't have a defensive midfielder with high quality to stop Dy Bruyen and they don't have a RICE with them.

Our RICE will man-marked De Bruyne and he will be watching that game against Wolves and he know what to do.

Rice want this match a win for a gift to Nobes as Nobes brought Rice to top player as he is now.
Good point Ibbs. But go back 2 or 3 years and if I remember correctly one of the
Most vociferous critics of Moyes on this forum was promoting Dendoncker as someone we should break the bank to sign. He scored tonight but ——-+
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

They have a defensive crisis. No Walker, Dias or Stones. Laporte went off injured, even Fernandinho, who played in defence yesterday is now doubtful. And Ake is playing with a dodgy ankle.

So the bugster will, I'm sure, throw caution to the wind and deploy his troops in a rip-roaring formation and go for the jugular from the off, negating the class of De Bruyne and co. with a masterclass of attacking brilliance and put on a show for Noble's last home game while I watch on my sofa sedated after my medication.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Think city have now got a good hold on the CL, of course it's not certain, but they only need 1 win and Pool are fucked unless they score a shedload of goals. Funny how a one goal advantage can over the space of two games become a seven goal deficit. Oh look, there's that miracle number again.

Well we will be doing Pool a favour if we win, and it will leave City needing a win at Villa, Pools results withstanding.

For some reason I feel a 2016 result much like the last day at The Boleyn, only it's now to say farewell to Noble
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fancy we’ll nick a draw then do the shirt lifters to nick sixth spot

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am Think city have now got a good hold on the CL, of course it's not certain, but they only need 1 win and Pool are fucked unless they score a shedload of goals. Funny how a one goal advantage can over the space of two games become a seven goal deficit. Oh look, there's that miracle number again.

Well we will be doing Pool a favour if we win, and it will leave City needing a win at Villa, Pools results withstanding.

For some reason I feel a 2016 result much like the last day at The Boleyn, only it's now to say farewell to Noble
Hopefully your optimism isn't misplaced but I'm afraid, having watched City's last 2 matches and all of ours this season if City bring their A game to town, and they almost certainly will because they need to tie the league up, I can only see them getting the 3 points.

The press is making a big thing about City's defensive shortages but, Norwich apart, we haven't really got a productive strikeforce have we ? I expect we'll set up as we did in the Mickey Mouse cup match against them and we will be doing well if we achuieve the same outcome imo.

One thing is certain if we try to out football them it could get very messy. Wolves seemed to abandon their usual style last night and, boy, did they pay a heavy price. Hopefully Moyes and the coaches were watching closely.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am Think city have now got a good hold on the CL, of course it's not certain, but they only need 1 win and Pool are fucked unless they score a shedload of goals. Funny how a one goal advantage can over the space of two games become a seven goal deficit. Oh look, there's that miracle number again.

CL? That’s champions league :lol:

PL is theirs for the taking.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:00 am

Hopefully your optimism isn't misplaced but I'm afraid, having watched City's last 2 matches and all of ours this season if City bring their A game to town, and they almost certainly will because they need to tie the league up, I can only see them getting the 3 points.

The press is making a big thing about City's defensive shortages but, Norwich apart, we haven't really got a productive strikeforce have we ? I expect we'll set up as we did in the Mickey Mouse cup match against them and we will be doing well if we achuieve the same outcome imo.

One thing is certain if we try to out football them it could get very messy. Wolves seemed to abandon their usual style last night and, boy, did they pay a heavy price. Hopefully Moyes and the coaches were watching closely.
Can’t beat them on pens this time. Will have to settle for a draw
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:29 pm

PL is theirs for the taking.
Letters on my phone are in the Finnish keyboard setting,

Signed

Pinocchio
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm
JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:29 pm