What striker do you think we should go after in the summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
Pipe smurf

Re: What striker do you think we should go after in the summer?

Post by Pipe smurf »

In other news

Napoli player Matteo Politano, Man City player Julián Álvarez, Sassuolo player Giacomo Raspadori, Fiorentina player Arthur Cabral, Porto player Evanilson, Porto player Mehdi Taremi and Chelsea player Armado Broja are on a shortlist as the clubs search for striker continues...
Last edited by Pipe smurf on Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Pipe smurf wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:55 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:51 pm It's all very well going after striker's but in the end, it all boils down to that they need to want to come to us, how many times have we been turned down in the past by quality signings, because we are not attractive enough for them or shit contact terms and transfer negotiations.

IMO we have missed the boat in the last summer and winter windows. Players we were linked to have now moved up a step and being linked to bigger teams than us

I'm not expecting too much this window.
I have that niggling feeling that the board will make an all out attempt to go after out of contract players, they all require huge signing on fee's and inflated wages, and I don't think we are going to chance with the cream of them.

Sad, but historically correct
Historically maybe

But we are a club on the up, have impressed in Europe and hopefully have European football AGAIN next season

More players will want to play for us now

We have to be aiming to doing better, getting better and evolve as a club and get to the "next levels" and that means try to get better players even if it means some will reject

West Ham United has everything to become a top club, the fanbase, the location, everything you need to be able to succeed as a club

I hope the owners are more ambitious and I have high hopes of Kretinsky despite hearing many on here doubt him

whufc_crest
I agree totally, we are a top club, and have had a great run in Europe this year, for me it's been fucking blast,....but it unfortunately doesn't mean we can attract the talent we need to go that step further, didn't Fulham get to the final....it didn't do them any favours really,did it.

We need to get in players that are better than we already have, not a backup for say Antonio but a replacement. ...to do this the player that has been targeted needs to be persuaded that it's the move for him....but unfortunately imo we don't seem to have the negotiation skill to get them over the line......the negotiations always seem to break down ..for one reason or another.

Maybe this window will be different.... depending on our achievements, league position and EL......but again it all boils down to whose actually doing the negotiations..,..and to be perfectly honest i have very little confidence in this board to get the deals over the line

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I hope the owners are more ambitious and I have high hopes of Kretinsky despite hearing many on here doubt him
I don't think anybody doubts him. But a lot of people realise that people don't own football clubs so they can throw money around, they own them as an investment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:25 am
I don't think anybody doubts him. But a lot of people realise that people don't own football clubs so they can throw money around, they own them as an investment.
I’m still very much keeping my powder dry on this Czech fella .
I think most people would be happy just to get rid of Batman Robin and Catwoman .
We only need to look at what he has done to Sparta Prague to realise that caution is definitely the order of the day .

The Sparta fans hate him and is more disliked than GSB .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:55 am

I think most people would be happy just to get rid of Batman Robin and Catwoman .
We only need to look at what he has done to Sparta Prague to realise that caution is definitely the order of the day .

That’s prob why they’ve all hit it off 🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I couldn’t really give one what Sparta fans think. Do these prats really think club owners are just in it so they can throw cash around ? On the flip side we don’t know what he has done financially from owning Sparta. Could be his bank balance has swelled considerably so who are we to criticise?

As you say, keep the powder dry.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Tbh I couldn’t really give one what Sparta fans think. Do these prats really think club owners are just in it so they can throw cash around ? On the flip side we don’t know what he has done financially from owning Sparta. Could be his bank balance has swelled considerably so who are we to criticise?

Which Prats ? Just because you’re the only one that keeps saying it doesn’t mean that we all disagree with that does it ?
No one expects you to give a fuck what Sparta fans think of Kretinsky but as far as I can see nobody is critical of the fella either .
The Man appeared to be the topic of conversation so I was merely reporting the above information.

Even if does have little to do with signing a striker in the summer window.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I will go for a box of swan vestas, and if not available then maybe a couple of 1984- 1985 miners.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:27 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Which Prats ? Just because you’re the only one that keeps saying it doesn’t mean that we all disagree with that does it ?
No one expects you to give a fuck what Sparta fans think of Kretinsky but as far as I can see nobody is critical of the fella either .
The Man appeared to be the topic of conversation so I was merely reporting the above information.

Anybody who thinks club owners are philanthropists at heart deserves to be called a prat don’t they. Just as many seem to think anybody who supports GSB is also worthy of that accolade. Is a choice of words really such a big deal? How would you describe someone who is naive enough to think club owners are only there to bankroll spending sprees ?

Or maybe it’s the wacky baccy in the Smurf’s pipe that’s done his brain in. :lol:

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:27 pm

Anybody who thinks club owners are philanthropists at heart deserves to be called a prat don’t they. Just as many seem to think anybody who supports GSB is also worthy of that accolade. Is a choice of words really such a big deal? How would you describe someone who is naive enough to think club owners are only there to bankroll spending sprees ?

Or maybe it’s the wacky baccy in the Smurf’s pipe that’s done his brain in. :lol:
Bankrolling, when the fuck did I mention bank rolling you fucking

Kretinsky is worth 4 billion, he can easiliy support the club

Go fuck yourself