Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:38 pm Sadly I saw Rio putting the case for taking the knee not being political today.

There are those who say the gesture started not because of that Yank piece of shit croaking but NFL star Colin Kaepernik doing it in 2016 during the star spangled banner. Donny wasn't pleased.

And that was the very start of the BLM movement.

But he's not politically motivated apparently.

He's publishing a book over there about his belief that the police should be disbanded.........Ring any bells ?

Sorry Rio. You were a great player, you're a decent pundit and I really felt for you when your wife died.

But do your research mate.
The stadia will be full again next season. Wait until they hear the booing then.
They are saying that booing is racist. I thought I lived in a democratic country with free speech.

How booing can be construed as racist is absurd. West Ham fans have been booing the team for decades. Are they all racist ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:01 am This pretty much sums up why the media are still backing the knee taking mullarkey imo. The problem is they fear that if the knee taking stops the idiots mentioned in the article will claim it as some sort of victory. And this is in the Mail FFS,. Hardly a bastion of leftist thinking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This does seem to be a particularly English problem. Fucked if I know why.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ancer.html
And this pretty much sums up why they are wrong

B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpegB84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg
goodpost:)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:47 pm Something summed it up for me recently...Firstly I'll say I'm a fan of Lewis Hamilton,Best F1 driver ever IMO..and a pretty
nice guy..I know some don't agree....but he is..

Was Talking about how F1 has become a Rich Mans game....hinting that even new drivers now have millionaire fathers,backing
them....and how he would like to see a fairer system that would encourage and enable the less well of kids and youngsters
to have a crack at F1,give them opportunities in the sport....So...
He and Mercedes are introducing a scheme to Enable and give youngsters from less well off backgrounds in the "ETHNIC"
communities an introduction into F1..

So if your a less well off UK born white Kiddie who loves the sport...suggest you write your letters to Red Bull.....

You can be well meaning and still get things totally wrong,so much so that you create a bigger problem than what already
existed......Welcome to the BLM movement.....................
"Ethnic Communities". Precisely the sort of divisive comment that runs completely counter to the (supposed) ambition to achieve equality for everybody.

There should be one community. End of.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:09 pm
I’ve got nothing to add to that . You could indeed have posted it on the official Lewis Hamilton is a cunt thread but sadly he’s just adding to the problem which not only already exists but is getting worse by the day .

Just another thing that could be added to the list of reasons why the knee taking gets booed .

It ain’t racist . It’s an objection to being branded racist .

Why can’t people see this ?
I hate the knee taking rubbish - it is political and BLM should be wiped off the face of the earth, but the thing that really winds me up is being branded racist if you think the knee taking is a load of old cunt.

Full stadia of fans when they return will see this pathetic gimmick disappear for good. Hopefully there will be an alternative way to get the anti-racist message across because it certainly does still need addressing.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dolfo wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:21 pm
I’ve got nothing to add to that . You could indeed have posted it on the official Lewis Hamilton is a cunt thread but sadly he’s just adding to the problem which not only already exists but is getting worse by the day .

Just another thing that could be added to the list of reasons why the knee taking gets booed .

I hate the knee taking rubbish - it is political and BLM should be wiped off the face of the earth, but the thing that really winds me up is being branded racist if you think the knee taking is a load of old cunt.

Full stadia of fans when they return will see this pathetic gimmick disappear for good. Hopefully there will be an alternative way to get the anti-racist message across because it certainly does still need addressing.
Tbh I couldn’t give a toss about taking the knee, for me it just a gimmick. I certainly don’t get angry about or get offended about it because it associated with BLM.

Those that boo are generally drowned out by people applauding, which should be a positive message.

Having been on the receiving end of racist chanting (an aggressive rendition of no Surrender as my Dad dared to order a pint in his Irish accent) I just felt sorry for the no nothing knuckle draggers, but it must be quite exhausting to get the abuse on a daily basis just because you made a mistake in your place of work.

So totally agree with your assessment that an alternative way needs to be looked at, starting with fining these big social media corporations that allow this anonymous abuse.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Political satire,but I think his got it about right.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

OK ok can everyone please calm down and let's watch a bit of snooker..........
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dolfo wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:21 pm

I agree with you about the knee taking crap. I don't give a flying fuck that George Floyd is no longer breathing good air, but, and this imo is the important bit, I do give a fuck that he was illegally killed and NOT, as a result, tried in court, convicted and sentenced for his crimes.

It has fuck all to do that he was black and everything to do that he was engaged in criminal activity which put him in that situation in the first place. Unfortunately the police fucked up big time.

But do you really think we have a racist problem in this country. Or for that matter in the US ? After all they elected a black president. And half of our national football team are black. Don't you think that , for some people, being black is just an excuse for the fact they are useless wasters ? Just as some would claim they are discriminated against because they're gay. It's much easier to blame someone else than front up to your own failings.

People who have a gambling problem blame the gambling industry, drug addicts blame the system that can't keep drugs off the street, but no one forces them to have a punt or use drugs do they.? We all have a choice. My vice is probably that I drink too much. Perhaps I should sue the brewing industry and claim that I'm a fucking victim. But if one day I overdo it and I fall off my perch as a consequence is it really any other fuckers fault ? Of course it isn't, BLM ? Just another fucking excuse for people's failings I'm afraid.

Used to be some bloke on this forum called Jimmy who apparently had a gambling issue. Once had a right pop at someone on the forum who happened to mention a bet about something or other and blamed every bookie in the world for his problems. Sums it up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Unless you have experienced racism first hand then you are talking from a position of ignorance and to say it doesn'texist in the UK means you are part of the issue.

My best mate back in the 80's was Indian and I got into so many fights because racist twats wanted to have a pop at him saying it was 'banter', and since then have refused to tolerate any form of racism from anyone, but continue to see and hear it especially working in London.

I would also include positive discrimination which is equally as devisive and shouldn't happen. Education is the key to solving the problem, not legislation.

Taking the knee made its point but its now time to move on

Post by 9898 »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 am Unless you have experienced racism first hand then you are talking from a position of ignorance and to say it doesn'texist in the UK means you are part of the issue.

My best mate back in the 80's was Indian and I got into so many fights because racist twats wanted to have a pop at him saying it was 'banter', and since then have refused to tolerate any form of racism from anyone, but continue to see and hear it especially working in London.

I would also include positive discrimination which is equally as devisive and shouldn't happen. Education is the key to solving the problem, not legislation.

Taking the knee made its point but its now time to move on
Oooh, he has an Indian friend.
I guess you're the modern day Nelson Mandela.
We better listen to you then.

All hail Mr HanDela.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."