West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:47 pm It's time for us to show we are all united as one .........lets have a virtual rendition of "Bubbles".......and maybe the moaning will stop...... ;)

:lol: :lol: Or is it about to start
Our spiritual masterpiece loud and proud

All together now ..........I’m....

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:54 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:47 pm It's time for us to show we are all united as one .........lets have a virtual rendition of "Bubbles".......and maybe the moaning will stop...... ;)

:lol: :lol: Or is it about to start

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the spirit........Forever....

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:12 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:54 pm

Blowing
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:53 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:12 am

Blowing
Come on Whisky......you know you want to.

:lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:41 am
JayK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:53 am

Blowing
Come on Whisky......you know you want to.

:lol: :lol:
FFS they even play the fucking thing as part of the simulated crowd noise when we're playing. It's almost enough to persuade me to sign up with Hammers United and lobby for the removal of those fucking bubble machines at the LS. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:48 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:44 am

But , and sorry Newmarket mate I have to ask THAT question again, do you really think West Ham, under the present ownership, can expect a better option than Moyes ?

I entirely agree with you that we played the reputation and not the team on the pitch on Sunday and I imagine that was largely down to the manager's pre match briefing. However if you listen to the majority of managers before they play Liverpool or Man City, the usual suspects, they will say much the same sort of thing that Moyes said.

It used to be called covering one's arse I think.
No I do not think as I have stated before we as a club with the present ownership can not expect a better option than Moye's unless we get very lucky , so not sure why you keep asking it . This in itself doesn't mean I have to support him , he is a average manager who did ok at a slightly bigger club than us 😲 ( They had won the league a few times ) , so fits us about perfect , but he is no Moysiah . All this talk about top six and europe is far beyond what this manager and squad can give the fans , but this season of all season has been different as we all know , so anything is possible .
But we play boring uninspiring football under Moyes.................

It was much the same against Palace also......I think the players looked tired against Liverpool and even Moyes was disappointed with the way they played.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 11.21.42.png
Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 11.21.42.png (137.05 KiB) Viewed 777 times

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:23 am

No I do not think as I have stated before we as a club with the present ownership can not expect a better option than Moye's unless we get very lucky , so not sure why you keep asking it . This in itself doesn't mean I have to support him , he is a average manager who did ok at a slightly bigger club than us 😲 ( They had won the league a few times ) , so fits us about perfect , but he is no Moysiah . All this talk about top six and europe is far beyond what this manager and squad can give the fans , but this season of all season has been different as we all know , so anything is possible .

It was much the same against Palace also......I think the players looked tired against Liverpool and even Moyes was disappointed with the way they played.
boring uninspiring football :?: We have the players in behind Antonio , but Moyes just had to find the right combination in the right positions .

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

We have had some good games and we have some absolute dross where we scraped points against Villa, Fulham, Sheff Utd.

Its a defensive set up.

We played well last night - but we had 2 right backs playing.

The result was great and performance was dominant.

But its a defensive set up

"The players looked tired" sounds like my Mrs describing why the kids or the dog are being a pain in the arse.

Call it what it is and it is a work in progress. As long as we can see that progression then I am sure even the most hardcore purists will buy into it.

Not sure why you either have to be for or against Moyes. I am not a fan but can see he is doing a job and there are sometimes glimmers of hope and sometimes utter capitulations. Like the last 2 games.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

only1salty wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 am

We have had some good games and we have some absolute dross where we scraped points against Villa, Fulham, Sheff Utd.

Its a defensive set up.

"The players looked tired" sounds like my Mrs describing why the kids or the dog are being a pain in the arse.

Call it what it is and it is a work in progress. As long as we can see that progression then I am sure even the most hardcore purists will buy into it.

Not sure why you either have to be for or against Moyes. I am not a fan but can see he is doing a job and there are sometimes glimmers of hope and sometimes utter capitulations. Like the last 2 games.
Utter capitulations Scouse cunts aside what was the other one?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 pm
only1salty wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 am

Its a defensive set up.

Utter capitulations Scouse cunts aside what was the other one?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I recall Newcastle wasn't so good.....then there as Everton in the cup........apart from that ......not a bad season so far, I'm just waiting to see what his approach to Man U in the cup is, we won't have Lingard.......??????