Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hopefully them and a few others will fuck off to this Euro league bollocks in the not too distant.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:21 am Moyes accuses Salah of cheating.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... h-fornals/
This where you need some retrospective punishment like a one game ban. The player clearly exaggerates the contact with a theatrical flourish.
Nobody would fall like that, even if it was a slip on winter ice.

If you are going to rule an offside based on a millimetre of shirt material then a deliberate dive needs to be interpreted as such and sanctioned.

Disappointing that Klopp doesn't find the practise wholly unacceptable. He seems to think fairness is something worth striving for in all other aspects.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, just.
There is a reason moyes can`t beat Poo, petrified of them, pays them far too much respect, now I know we have done well of late but we will not see a weaker Poo defence for a long time and as I predicted in the pub Friday night on my soap box, he failed to even try to adapt and pile the pressure on that defence, opting for isolated counter attacks whilst believing our back 9 could keep them out.

The man is a spineless fool who got lucky adapting Antonlo into a striker.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Their 63rd straight unbeaten home match
Can’t all be down to fucking dodgy penalties and favouritism can it by Jove ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:30 am
JayK wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:35 am Not gonna defend Haller coz I think he’s lazy as fuck (although did have 1 nice flick on). But maybe the strategy was to get as many crosses as possible into the lazy git. Unfortunately our crosses were poor and less frequent than other games I’ve seen so this probs didn’t help his cause.
I still think Benrahma is a better fit up top than Haller in this system. I know he’s not a striker but neither is Antonio or Arnautovic but I would imagine (coz I haven’t seen him play) he’s gotta be more mobile than Haller which will improve the link up play between attack and midfield.
Surely Bowen is a better bet up top with Yarma on the right or can Benrahma play on the right?
Possibly mate, but we don’t really know too much about Benny yet do we
COYI!!!

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

I think we have come a long way to be honest but our failure to address the centre forward position was evident yesterday and was always going to become a problem when Antonio inevitably pulled a hamstring.

I am a bit bewildered by folk suggesting we should throw more up front to aid Haller, cause that’s bound to work out well against Liverpool at Anfield. I’m afraid that yesterday he was appalling, whilst it was always going to be tough with minimal opportunities against Liverpool, strolling through the game and giving their make shift centre half the easiest game he will ever have. His attitude was just not good enough. Will he start next week? He will, and he may well do much better against Fulham and other weaker teams with us hopefully enjoying more possession. Nevertheless, we have a side which is capable of taking points against any team in the division even if we have to defend well and counter attack, really disappointed.

Let’s hope we can actually go and beat Fulham now. We have some decent players in our side and there’s no reason why we can’t start winning games and moving up the table.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 pm Their 63rd straight unbeaten home match
No one is saying that it is. Does not change the fact that it was a very soft penalty.
Flairon

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

JayK wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:45 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:30 am
Surely Bowen is a better bet up top with Yarma on the right or can Benrahma play on the right?
Possibly mate, but we don’t really know too much about Benny yet do we
Well I certainly don't as I don't really watch the Championship. Not getting another striker in is fucking senseless. We got Dawson and we don't really need him.
I watched Tarkowski yesterday, they wanted £40m I believe. Let's just say we dodged a bullet.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Flairon wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 pm Their 63rd straight unbeaten home match
No one is saying that it is. Does not change the fact that it was a very soft penalty.
And I think it could be argued that Mane was interfering for the second. I'm sure they would have said something if roles were reversed.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

No doubt.
Flairon