Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Just read this...thought put it up..for what it's worth...just brilliantly put...and kind of apt.

This is a storm,we're all in it together,but some of us are on Yachts ,but some of us are on Inflatable Dinghies ...

Can't deny thats true...

Josie Moon from Grimsby a community arts manager...BBC News Web Site....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

You do have to admire the French.

Bookshops asked to be treated as essential services during their new lockdown rules. And for projecting cartoons ripping the piss out of the Prophet Muhammad onto public buildings, in response to decapitations of their citizens by angry Muslim delinquents.

It's the sheer insouciance and fastidious protection of French values that embody the "vive la france" spirit.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am With the Football thing ...and no one wants it back more than me..
It's not the fact that maybe we could stop the spread of infections in the ground,even thats a tough call...
Red Mancs are ready for 23,000 people all using the same facilities etc...when at the moment at this particular time,
things are very much in the balance which way this shit of a thing goes...as much as I love footie it's just to big a risk..
and will be fucked off if the Government relent...cos of Pressure from the Mancs and the "Big Boys"....
It's the Movement of people...not where they end up....Mancs..50% plus of them travel in from outside,,,especially
London and home counties...so they're travelling from what maybe a low risk area to a high risk area and back...
thats just not logical.

Funnily Enough think we could maybe allow leagues 1 and 2 to allow some in, no away obviously,cos you'll find most of
their support is local...could maybe get away with 3/4,000.....and they need the revenue more than the PL...
But 23,000 plus travelling ..no way.

The Van Driver guy thing...it's just because it was noticeable it was a defined situation and could be identified...
but similar things are Happening in our Pubs etc....someone ,maybe just one person is asymptomatic...gives it to
3 others...they pass it on to 1.5 others,and so on, 4 points of contact and 30 plus people are infected.

In saying that been in quite a few boozers here and there,and have felt quite safe...but have seen the odd
arsehole none the less... bloke in Brighton was on the verge of getting a slap from me...was deliberately
taking the piss and getting up close and personal with other punters...including a 20 year old girl bar attendant,
who asked him to stop..he moved right into her space as if gonna kiss her..told him to F.in leave it out
Doorman sorted it slung him out...no doubt to do the same somewhere else.whats with these fuckin areswipes...
It's more the late night youngsters bars where things get outta hand..we've seen it....so don't get people saying
pubs should be allowed to open later.
I am the van driver. We provide an essential service and measures are taken to mitigate things, though if I am on an Amazon residential run for example I can do up to 100 drops a day = 100 chances for me to pick up and spread the virus. But that is much better than 100 people going to the stores in person. But the virus was not brought into the care home by a driver (we are not allowed in) but a carer who worked there who exercised her right to visit her family. She was a-symptomatic and went round giving the whole place their breakfast.

I live in Vancouver BC, the situation here is very different (in a good way) than the US and even eastern Canada. Dare I say it, there seems to be a different mindset in the majority who are sensible and the results correlate. But it is the small subset who are stupid, like the ones you mention, and because they wont police themselves, they then go and spoil it for everyone when across the board measures get put in. Like I said before, its like the kid in class who did something foolish and wont admit it, so the teacher puts the whole class in detention. What is happening here is uni students, house parties, weddings, funerals and large family gatherings like thanksgiving being the prime cause of the spread. Most who get it are fine, but there are some who are not and it is them who these restrictions are for.

Imagine if there was a half capacity 30,000 crowd when Lanzini scored that screamer. I am telling you social distancing is going out the window and the chances of 1 in that 30,000 having the virus is high. Say they spread it to 5 around them, one whose partner is that care worker or a nurse... or that waitress you mention, her partner could be that carer. It sucks, but I can see why the restrictions are in place because of scenarios like this where a miniscule minority of people are unable to control themselves.

In Utah/Idaho for example, the situation is getting critical, see here https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/u ... index.html of course that root cause is mismanagement federally, but if the thing is just left to run, this is what will happen and no leader (other than the current POTUS maybe) is going to consciously make that call.

It is all about risk management and football fans experiencing the elation of an equalizer against the scum or a bunch of pissed up people together in the pub is deemed too great a risk when its not essential, whereas kids getting their education is. Keeping businesses like cinemas & restaurants in business is lower risk.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:44 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am With the Football thing ...and no one wants it back more than me..
It's not the fact that maybe we could stop the spread of infections in the ground,even thats a tough call...
Red Mancs are ready for 23,000 people all using the same facilities etc...when at the moment at this particular time,
things are very much in the balance which way this shit of a thing goes...as much as I love footie it's just to big a risk..
and will be fucked off if the Government relent...cos of Pressure from the Mancs and the "Big Boys"....
It's the Movement of people...not where they end up....Mancs..50% plus of them travel in from outside,,,especially
London and home counties...so they're travelling from what maybe a low risk area to a high risk area and back...
thats just not logical.

Funnily Enough think we could maybe allow leagues 1 and 2 to allow some in, no away obviously,cos you'll find most of
their support is local...could maybe get away with 3/4,000.....and they need the revenue more than the PL...
But 23,000 plus travelling ..no way.

The Van Driver guy thing...it's just because it was noticeable it was a defined situation and could be identified...
but similar things are Happening in our Pubs etc....someone ,maybe just one person is asymptomatic...gives it to
3 others...they pass it on to 1.5 others,and so on, 4 points of contact and 30 plus people are infected.

In saying that been in quite a few boozers here and there,and have felt quite safe...but have seen the odd
arsehole none the less... bloke in Brighton was on the verge of getting a slap from me...was deliberately
taking the piss and getting up close and personal with other punters...including a 20 year old girl bar attendant,
who asked him to stop..he moved right into her space as if gonna kiss her..told him to F.in leave it out
Doorman sorted it slung him out...no doubt to do the same somewhere else.whats with these fuckin areswipes...
It's more the late night youngsters bars where things get outta hand..we've seen it....so don't get people saying
pubs should be allowed to open later.
I am the van driver. We provide an essential service and measures are taken to mitigate things, though if I am on an Amazon residential run for example I can do up to 100 drops a day = 100 chances for me to pick up and spread the virus. But that is much better than 100 people going to the stores in person. But the virus was not brought into the care home by a driver (we are not allowed in) but a carer who worked there who exercised her right to visit her family. She was a-symptomatic and went round giving the whole place their breakfast.

I live in Vancouver BC, the situation here is very different (in a good way) than the US and even eastern Canada. Dare I say it, there seems to be a different mindset in the majority who are sensible and the results correlate. But it is the small subset who are stupid, like the ones you mention, and because they wont police themselves, they then go and spoil it for everyone when across the board measures get put in. Like I said before, its like the kid in class who did something foolish and wont admit it, so the teacher puts the whole class in detention. What is happening here is uni students, house parties, weddings, funerals and large family gatherings like thanksgiving being the prime cause of the spread. Most who get it are fine, but there are some who are not and it is them who these restrictions are for.

Imagine if there was a half capacity 30,000 crowd when Lanzini scored that screamer. I am telling you social distancing is going out the window and the chances of 1 in that 30,000 having the virus is high. Say they spread it to 5 around them, one whose partner is that care worker or a nurse... or that waitress you mention, her partner could be that carer. It sucks, but I can see why the restrictions are in place because of scenarios like this where a miniscule minority of people are unable to control themselves.

In Utah/Idaho for example, the situation is getting critical, see here https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/u ... index.html of course that root cause is mismanagement federally, but if the thing is just left to run, this is what will happen and no leader (other than the current POTUS maybe) is going to consciously make that call.

It is all about risk management and football fans experiencing the elation of an equalizer against the scum or a bunch of pissed up people together in the pub is deemed too great a risk when its not essential, whereas kids getting their education is. Keeping businesses like cinemas & restaurants in business is lower risk.
Got the posts mixed up a bit Mate...sorry...but my example stands...can't blame anyone for passing it on accidently,
trouble is we do love the old Blame Game thing...especially in the UK at moment,our press/media F.in Love it..
The Lady carer was just trying to be kind and compassionate ..not her fault.

Yeah,it's trying to find that line,that we don't cross BC...that balance between restriction and freedom to move..
it's impossible,cos the lines will always be bent,but when and who says when they've been broken..
We have the rule of 6 thing over here...but is an Xmas Party with 8, so bad,trouble is 8 becomes 10..10 becomes 15,and so on.
So we have to try at least anyway to inforce a seemingly draconian measure.

Nearly everyone I've met,has been overwhelming polite and understanding/helpful,it's been amazing..everyones trying
their best,and pulling together...but unfortunately we have dickheads among us,who just don't give a shit.

Noticed in early days the Amazon guys and girls well delivery guys in general always had masks on,seems to have gone
by the wayside lately...need to get them back on again,for their own sakes.

Spot on with the Lanzini thing...Watched it in a boozer was up and gone...much to my shame...lucky was the only Iron
in the pub...no one to hug.... :lol: ..would have been interesting if had been an Irons boozer tho..

Live in, well just outside Milton Keynes (MK).....got off lightly here despite Luton/Northampton/Oxford ,which surround
us by 20/30 miles getting it quite bad at times...it's so spread out MK, think that helps,but last couple days had some
high for us incomings...so it's on it's way by the looks.

We won't do a full lock down here...But our Cities and surrounds are going into more or less lock downs one by one.

Anyway Take care mate....as indeed everyone

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

This is becoming even more hilarious. The media are reporting an imminent national lockdown which is diametrically opposite to the three tier regional approach which was only introduced three weeks ago.

How does anyone justify London in Tier 2 moving to a lockdown and missing out the Tier 3 stage ? You do wonder who is deciding policy. Is it the PM or the editor of the Guardian or editor of BBC news.

And more to the point I don't think the public will go for it this time.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 am This is becoming even more hilarious. The media are reporting an imminent national lockdown which is diametrically opposite to the three tier regional approach which was only introduced three weeks ago.

How does anyone justify London in Tier 2 moving to a lockdown and missing out the Tier 3 stage ? You do wonder who is deciding policy. Is it the PM or the editor of the Guardian or editor of BBC news.

A collective middle finger for sure.

I hope plod recruit another 100,000 for Boris's sake.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 am This is becoming even more hilarious. The media are reporting an imminent national lockdown which is diametrically opposite to the three tier regional approach which was only introduced three weeks ago.

I read that the Lockdown won`t include Schools, Universities or Colleague's.

Aren`t they the very people spreading it? :?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:25 am

I read that the Lockdown won`t include Schools, Universities or Colleague's.

Aren`t they the very people spreading it? :?
Yep, soon as they returned to skool...whoosh !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Londoners are planning to head to the countryside in droves following the inevitable national lockdown.

We're ready with our shotguns.

Get 'orf moi laaaaaand !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

A Good Government will ,well cabinet in our case will discuss every poss Avenue.....from a 100% total lockdown to
carrying on as normal and opening everything up,and everything in between...we will go into another LockDown...
They wont want to,they'd like to keep the Tier system...but as more Cities shut down...more will say fuck this,
and will go to places that aren't in a 3 Lock down thing...that will start causing it's own problems...every decision has
it's problems...
So will prob be forced into doing what they really don't want to do...lesser of 2 evils.

Thought you guys would be on the Governments side here.....most of you don't wanna lockdown...Boris and co are doing
everything poss to avoid one..yet your against them...

Can assure you this Government take no notice of the Press....cos they represent themselves(the press) not the public.

You want the Press Seekers...look at the Labour Party..........Like said before..it's become the "Andy Burnham Show"....