Boats

Boats, hotel deal & any other bits of information relating to your West Ham Utd match day!!
HamstasParadise

Boats

Post by HamstasParadise »

Will any of the regular posters here be on the boats before the Lyon game? Despite needing a forum ID to buy boat tickets, there seem to be more people on the boats than post here.

TBH, until a bit of intensive sparring with Numbers today, I’ve tended to post only from time to time. But I do like to read it it every day, for the amusing posts from some of the regulars. I particularly enjoyed the “Lily James” exchange. 🙂
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Newmarket

Re: Boats

Post by Newmarket »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:16 pm Will any of the regular posters here be on the boats before the Lyon game? Despite needing a forum ID to buy boat tickets, there seem to be more people on the boats than post here.

TBH, until a bit of intensive sparring with Numbers today, I’ve tended to post only from time to time. But I do like to read it it every day, for the amusing posts from some of the regulars. I particularly enjoyed the “Lily James” exchange. 🙂
Did you ever get to the boats ?
Bring back Jonathon !

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Yes I do go on them occasionally, but it depends on how I travel to the game. If I drive from Sussex, up through Blackwall and park on the Canning Town side I’m likely to have a drink somewhere on the walk in.

Definitely a better quality burger and much cheaper on the boats. I prefer a real ale to gas-pumped beer though.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:41 pm Yes I do go on them occasionally, but it depends on how I travel to the game. If I drive from Sussex, up through Blackwall and park on the Canning Town side I’m likely to have a drink somewhere on the walk in.

Definitely a better quality burger and much cheaper on the boats. I prefer a real ale to gas-pumped beer though.
…and that greedy cunt yid that owns em can’t cram enough people on it pre- match :lol:

It’s pretty good though when the (mostly ex) H/C gang are aboard .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:41 pm Yes I do go on them occasionally, but it depends on how I travel to the game. If I drive from Sussex, up through Blackwall and park on the Canning Town side I’m likely to have a drink somewhere on the walk in.

…and that greedy cunt yid that owns em can’t cram enough people on it pre- match :lol:

It’s pretty good though when the (mostly ex) H/C gang are aboard .
Burgers on it are great. Lack of a draught ale a big no-no for me. Still the place to meet however although I'd still prefer to walk from the Black Lion. I did it on the march just before covid.

But I'll continue to slum it with pissy lager on the canal as the vibe is good.

Once the Scotch arse gets his P45.

Not before.