Football Index

All the boring stuff!!
redhammer
Site Admin

Football Index

Post by redhammer »

I started using this not long ago after someone told me about it, we (Hammers Chat) have linked up with them for a small video series on the forum channel, beginning next week.

Football Index is basically player trading. You buy your shares in a player and his price increases and decreases, just like an exchange market does.

I bought shares in 6 players when signed up, the best (profit wise) being declan Rice and the worst being Jesse Lingard. Luka Jovic being my second highest.

You can get a full refund, up to £500, if you close your account within the first month.

Any questions or that then fire them below and I'll do my best to answer although I am a novice at it. If you do already use it then feel free to comment on how your getting on and any tips (and players to invest in).

If you fancy it, Sign up here - http://tdfeeds.com/socialtag/?p=277814& ... g=23775772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whiskyman

Re: Football Index

Post by Whiskyman »

I thought about having a punt on that but didn't read too deeply into it because from what I gathered values go up and down depending pretty much on press reports rather than actual performances based on statistics. Or have I got it arse about face ? Quite possible as it was a Friday evening after a visit to the pub when I was reading about it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:I thought about having a punt on that but didn't read too deeply into it because from what I gathered values go up and down depending pretty much on press reports rather than actual performances based on statistics. Or have I got it arse about face ? Quite possible as it was a Friday evening after a visit to the pub when I was reading about it.

Everything effects is as far as I can see but there is dividends for most mentioned in media etc. Hence why I've kept my shares in Rice as he won't be out of the media for a while yet.

But then again, isn't media reports influencial in he stock exchange as well?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I thought about having a punt on that but didn't read too deeply into it because from what I gathered values go up and down depending pretty much on press reports rather than actual performances based on statistics. Or have I got it arse about face ? Quite possible as it was a Friday evening after a visit to the pub when I was reading about it.

Everything effects is as far as I can see but there is dividends for most mentioned in media etc. Hence why I've kept my shares in Rice as he won't be out of the media for a while yet.

But then again, isn't media reports influencial in he stock exchange as well?

See your point mate but not to the same extent. You, me, Porterman & Numbers could all watch the same game of football and have totally different opinions about how well each player performed. But if we all read the accounts of West Ham we could see that, despite repeatedly telling the press they'd reduced the club's debt, Messrs Stumpy & Dribbly have done no such thing.

One is a matter of opinion but the other is fact, if you get my drift. Because accountants and economists always tell the truth, don't they ? ;)

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Have been interested in this but don't quite fully understand it. :? If you 'buy' a player, how do you make money on it? Wait until he has a few good games and then 'sell' - don't quite get the concept

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

jhammers wrote:Have been interested in this but don't quite fully understand it. :? If you 'buy' a player, how do you make money on it? Wait until he has a few good games and then 'sell' - don't quite get the concept
Yes, they use opta stats for the performance based charts and there is also the media charts! Then you get paid in dividends

But their share prices is generally affected by people buying or selling that player!

I only started with £30 to see what's what and am gradually building while getting to grips with it all.

Found the best for me is younger players and play the long game (Rice, Winks, Wan-Bissaka, Tiernay). Where some prefer to invest in the big guns and look for short term (Kroos, Pogba, Neymar etc).

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote:
jhammers wrote:Have been interested in this but don't quite fully understand it. :? If you 'buy' a player, how do you make money on it? Wait until he has a few good games and then 'sell' - don't quite get the concept
Yes, they use opta stats for the performance based charts and there is also the media charts! Then you get paid in dividends

But their share prices is generally affected by people buying or selling that player!

I only started with £30 to see what's what and am gradually building while getting to grips with it all.

Found the best for me is younger players and play the long game (Rice, Winks, Wan-Bissaka, Tiernay). Where some prefer to invest in the big guns and look for short term (Kroos, Pogba, Neymar etc).
So---Jayden Sancho = Good. :D :D :D
But---Danny Welbeck = Bad. :x :x :x

Sancho's value must have shot up after tonight's game.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
redhammer wrote:

The last few days his price has actually dropped but it is still high (£6.24).
Spurs CB Foyth is the biggest rider today, now at £1.64 so well cheap considering his potential and upcoming exposure etc.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

The last few days his price has actually dropped but it is still high (£6.24).
Spurs CB Foyth is the biggest rider today, now at £1.64 so well cheap considering his potential and upcoming exposure etc.

Out of curiosity what was his price before the season started ?

Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

redhammer wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:34 am

Just use football manager then? It's quite amazingly accurate at predicting the next big thing (Freddy adu aside).