Hammers Social Club, Castle Street

All the boring stuff!!
Gerry41

Hammers Social Club, Castle Street

Post by Gerry41 »

Hammers Social Club will stay open until the end of April 2017 when another evaluation with regard to its viability will take place. (It appears to be picking up very slowly as many members thought that it closed with the ground) All success to the committee.

belfasthammer

Re: Hammers Social Club, Castle Street

Post by belfasthammer »

Best wishes to the Hammers Social They were always very good to Belfast Hammers

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Cant see the club doing anything for the Social unfortuneately Any thoughts?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Is that the old supporter's club at the back of the South Bank?
Who owns it?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

whu

Post by whu »

no it's not

if you know priory road (chicken run side/bus depot) social club round the back there

the changing nature of the east end inhabitants doesn't help and obviously us moving was massive

i saw a cracking tv programme on the place a while back, proper caring people and the old skool community (and some new) really would be gutted if it went

i guess the fortnightly deluge from our lot kept it afloat through it's leaner times

i hate it when good old boozers shut and whilst i don't visit this place, would be another piece of east end/english tradition buried and that ain't good

i truly wish the place and it's people the very best but looking at the big picture, i fear for it
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

whu wrote:no it's not

if you know priory road (chicken run side/bus depot) social club round the back there

the changing nature of the east end inhabitants doesn't help and obviously us moving was massive

i saw a cracking tv programme on the place a while back, proper caring people and the old skool community (and some new) really would be gutted if it went

i guess the fortnightly deluge from our lot kept it afloat through it's leaner times

i hate it when good old boozers shut and whilst i don't visit this place, would be another piece of east end/english tradition buried and that ain't good

i truly wish the place and it's people the very best but looking at the big picture, i fear for it
Where is that place then Wayne ? I know the supporters club in Castle st and the East Ham wmc in (is it) Boleyn Rd ( I was a member for years) ?
I don't know of one in Priory Rd ?
Bring back Jonathon !

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

I sincerely hope that the club has it in their hearts to help out the WHUFCSC as they have a proud place in our histort Saying this more in hope than expectation

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Oldun

Post by Oldun »

I would of thought the title of the thread tells you that it is the one behind the old south bank/BM stand.

whu

Post by whu »

Newmarket wrote:

Where is that place then Wayne ? I know the supporters club in Castle st and the East Ham wmc in (is it) Boleyn Rd ( I was a member for years) ?
mate, i've confused the supporters club (the one they are talking about) with the east ham affiliated wmc, i do apologise

it's not in priory road as you know mate, next road along if you were heading away from the ground, boleyn road, i think you're right

sorry

as old 'un says, the clue is in the OP

C- for Woo
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

whu wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Where is that place then Wayne ? I know the supporters club in Castle st and the East Ham wmc in (is it) Boleyn Rd ( I was a member for years) ?
mate, i've confused the supporters club (the one they are talking about) with the east ham affiliated wmc, i do apologise

it's not in priory road as you know mate, next road along if you were heading away from the ground, boleyn road, i think you're right

sorry

as old 'un says, the clue is in the OP

C- for Woo
You had me going for a minute there mate :) thought I'd missed out on a secret boozer lol

That sea air is getting to ya :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !