Suggestion to the COT department :-)

All the boring stuff!!
askimhammer

Suggestion to the COT department :-)

Post by askimhammer »

I am a big fan of your COTs Geo and Gonzo. Keep up the good work.

For the one yesterday it came in some suggestions for topics and some questions on the thread here on the forum before you went live. Did you read these posts? It seemed you had not. It is really good that we can come with questions in the live chat during the COTs, but perhaps things coming in on the thread before are better "prepared" and at least easier for you to preper to have an opinion on? And it would perhaps be easier to plan the show? And by mentioning/answering something coming through the thread on here you will get even more suggestions coming this way?

Very useful to both you two and us out here in cyber space to have a good dialougue. It will strengthen your brand further (perhaps not politically correct mentioning brands when KB has destroyed the sound of that word to many of us, but you guys are actually building a nice and strong brand - nothing wrong with that).

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion to the COT department :-)

Post by redhammer »

What was suggested on here but not in the show?

The live chat is dependent on time but the forum doesn't refresh on its on and is a post function rather than a chat function, which is what YouTube is. It is a million times easier to use the YouTube live chat and there is often good debate and interaction going on in there which gives the cup of tea a different dimension altogether. As much as we incorporate the forum and YouTube, it is also something we have to keep separate as a lot of people over on YouTube just have zero interest in the forum, and vice versa, plenty on here do not like that type of media (YouTube).

Athers-32

Post by Athers-32 »

If you watch in YouTube Askim you should find it a lot easier to open up the live chat and engage with people. Although the link is embedded onto the forum just hitting the little 'youtube' button in the bottom right hand corner will take you to the show live on YouTube, thus allowing you to see and participate in the live chat comments during the show!
https://www.sbnation.com/users/Tom%20At ... 1497970728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

askimhammer

Post by askimhammer »

You are probably right, Geo. Just me being too slow. I find the live chat on YouTube a bit too fast and if I try to follow the live chat it certainly is disturbing my nice experience sitting in a good chair enjoying my tea and listening to your show. :) :)

askimhammer

Post by askimhammer »

I know Athers, as I said just now. probably just me being too slow to consentrate both on what Geo and Gonzo is saying and what a lot of other guys are typing in at the same time. :) :)

I can even imagine somebody saying I don't really have to bother with concentrating on what those two geezers are saying...

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

askimhammer wrote:I know Athers, as I said just now. probably just me being too slow to consentrate both on what Geo and Gonzo is saying and what a lot of other guys are typing in at the same time. :) :)

I can even imagine somebody saying I don't really have to bother with concentrating on what those two geezers are saying...
Be worse if you have to go from youtube to forum and back haha! I think you may be able to slow comments down per user, am not 100% sure on this though. If I was you, just ignore the chat then mate as I read the questions out anyway.

askimhammer

Post by askimhammer »

redhammer wrote:Be worse if you have to go from youtube to forum and back haha!
Questions on the forum would be posted up front, so then one could sit back during the show neither having to go to the forum nor having to follow the live chat. :D

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

askimhammer wrote:
redhammer wrote:Be worse if you have to go from youtube to forum and back haha!
Questions on the forum would be posted up front, so then one could sit back during the show neither having to go to the forum nor having to follow the live chat. :D
Feel free to ask any before we go live, say 8.15pm at latest but no promises, but if we do a Q&A then it'll be included mate

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

askimhammer wrote:You are probably right, Geo. Just me being too slow.

I'm the same when I'm on MMA forums with Live chat to be honest mate, it does move incredibly fast so like Geo says we'f be happy no gather questions first.

Don't feel shy to make suggestions either. We have some new projects in the pipeline but if there is a type of video that you'd like to see that we currently don't do I'd love to hear any new ideas.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Love COT though its beer or re wine for me lol