Re: Adverts covering screen

Post by Taansend »

Seems ok at the moment.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Taansend wrote:Seems ok at the moment.

Thanks for the update mate.

They might have done something and not informed me yet or perhaps Danish sorted it?

Keep me posted please old chap

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Will do, although I'm not on me dog at the moment which is where it's at its worst.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Still good

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

frogiron wrote:Gonz -

I'm sorry mate, but your site is becoming unusable.

I also get the fucking Tiger Woods Turkish Airlines Ad.

I don't have to tell you I'm sure that clicking the "close" button of any such ad is a dumb thing to do. So I have to close the fucking browser down and start again. Normally at least half a dozen times. Eventually, it doesn't pop up for some reason.

But then I get another one - a full page telling me (in French) flogging anti-virus software. And have to go through the same nonsense.

Honestly mate -it is fuck-awful. Worse than the old site I'm afraid. At least they were pop ups you could ignore, or could be dealt with by Adblocker and the like. These are designed to block the entire page, meaning you either have to click on them or close the browser. It's just fucking rude. Whoever is hosting your site, and the agency flogging your ad space, need a good fucking kick up the bollocks.

And before I get the usual queue of people telling me to download Ablocker:
Please don't.
I'm not a technical dunce.
I already have adblocking software running.
I have no such problem on any other site - this is clearly site specific.
All still good for me.

What about you, Frog, you fucking vegetarianist :twisted:

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Taansend wrote:
frogiron wrote:Gonz -

I'm sorry mate, but your site is becoming unusable.

I also get the fucking Tiger Woods Turkish Airlines Ad.

I don't have to tell you I'm sure that clicking the "close" button of any such ad is a dumb thing to do. So I have to close the fucking browser down and start again. Normally at least half a dozen times. Eventually, it doesn't pop up for some reason.

But then I get another one - a full page telling me (in French) flogging anti-virus software. And have to go through the same nonsense.

Honestly mate -it is fuck-awful. Worse than the old site I'm afraid. At least they were pop ups you could ignore, or could be dealt with by Adblocker and the like. These are designed to block the entire page, meaning you either have to click on them or close the browser. It's just fucking rude. Whoever is hosting your site, and the agency flogging your ad space, need a good fucking kick up the bollocks.

And before I get the usual queue of people telling me to download Ablocker:
Please don't.
I'm not a technical dunce.
I already have adblocking software running.
I have no such problem on any other site - this is clearly site specific.
All still good for me.

I have only just come across this post Taans.

The big splashy "fuck you - look at this Turkish Airlines Ad" adverts have thankfully disappeared. I haven;t been bothered by one of those in ages. Don't know why they bother. All it's made me do is to always seek an alternative to Turkish fucking Airlines. But maybe my wife is right and I'm just a big bag full of wind and bile.

I had a big issue with the fucking "Brace the hammer" banner which lasted for weeks. It made using the site on a tablet or phone impossible for me. The banner ad would be full size, but the text of the site was all squeezed into a tiny column on the left of the screen. I couldn't be arsed to only log in on my desktop, so i just stayed away for a while,

So everyone was a winner!

Hope you're well, May your wheatgrass juice never separate and your Goji Berries never go soggy.

:)
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

frogiron wrote:
Taansend wrote:
All still good for me.

The big splashy "fuck you - look at this Turkish Airlines Ad" adverts have thankfully disappeared. I haven;t been bothered by one of those in ages. Don't know why they bother. All it's made me do is to always seek an alternative to Turkish fucking Airlines. But maybe my wife is right and I'm just a big bag full of wind and bile.

I had a big issue with the fucking "Brace the hammer" banner which lasted for weeks. It made using the site on a tablet or phone impossible for me. The banner ad would be full size, but the text of the site was all squeezed into a tiny column on the left of the screen. I couldn't be arsed to only log in on my desktop, so i just stayed away for a while,

Hope you're well, May your wheatgrass juice never separate and your Goji Berries never go soggy.

I'm having a sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast.

Multi grain French bread
Veggie sausage
Eggs
Brie
Ghost pepper.

Yum.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Taansend wrote:
frogiron wrote:

I'm having a sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast.

Multi grain French bread
Veggie sausage
Eggs
Brie
Ghost pepper.

Yum.
Melanzane Parmigiana for me. It's vegetarian. Not vegan though. Because I make sure to bung about half a pound of mature cheddar and a small bucket of Parmesan on top. I have to keep up my perfect physique.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC