The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

The Mogg is circling...

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the man who doesn't want to be Prime Minister (but secretly really, really, really does) bangs in a letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee - you know, just to start the old ball rolling. Quelle surprise! May looks to be ending in November this year. :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by palerider »

I'm not so sure tbh.

i actually think she'd win a leadership contest quite easily.

For all of the Brexit balls-up, a new leader from the right of the party and the mess it would involve could let that scruffy bearded slug in through the back door and then we'd all be fucked.

Most turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Mogg FFS. He genuinely looks like he'd reintroduce work houses, and set up a child catching division in the Met.
With Johnson and Rees-Mogg it's almost as if the Tories are desperately trying to make Corbyn electable.
What a lamentable state British politics is in.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Guy Fawkes had the right idea.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Nail 'em up I say.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote:I'm not so sure tbh.

For all of the Brexit balls-up, a new leader from the right of the party and the mess it would involve could let that scruffy bearded slug in through the back door and then we'd all be fucked.

I disagree and think that May is a dead duck, I just cannot see how she could possibly win a leadership contest now - there are far to many opportunists circling around her with their knives out just waiting for the chance to deliver the killing blow that propels them and their self serving agendas all the way to Number 10.

Christ almighty...Mogg, McVey, Gove, Davis, Javid, Raab or even BoJo???...Nah FUCK THAT!

And just for interest sake, WHY would we all be fucked if Corbyn gets in? Is it because you hate the man or because you disagree with Labour's policies and are happy with the way that things are going so swimmingly under the Tory party?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
palerider wrote:I'm not so sure tbh.

I disagree and think that May is a dead duck, I just cannot see how she could possibly win a leadership contest now - there are far to many opportunists circling around her with their knives out just waiting for the chance to deliver the killing blow that propels them and their self serving agendas all the way to Number 10.

Christ almighty...Mogg, McVey, Gove, Davis, Javid, Raab or even BoJo???...Nah FUCK THAT!

And just for interest sake, WHY would we all be fucked if Corbyn gets in? Is it because you hate the man or because you disagree with Labour's policies and are happy with the way that things are going so swimmingly under the Tory party?
I don't like him that's true.

And of course the Tories are a mess right now. In fact if a Labour party run by say Benn or Burnham were in power they couldn't possibly do a worse job than that clueless bitch.

But Corbyn's brand of Marxism would, within a year, put our economy on a par with that of Greece.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

palerider wrote:
But Corbyn's brand of Marxism would, within a year, put our economy on a par with that of Greece.
A bit like the Conservatives hokey cokey Brexit strategy will?
I don't like Corbyn, but it was funny watching him rip into May's Brexit timetable. Who on Earth gives a date for something this important as 20XX?
I think if they handed it over to this forum we could do a better job.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Neville Bartos wrote:
palerider wrote:
A bit like the Conservatives hokey cokey Brexit strategy will?
I don't like Corbyn, but it was funny watching him rip into May's Brexit timetable. Who on Earth gives a date for something this important as 20XX?
I think if they handed it over to this forum we could do a better job.
This forum ? A class of fucking 5 year olds could do a better job than this bunch of fucking idiots. And I say that as a lifetime Conservative voter. Which is worrying, because in all conscience I just cannot vote for the present incompetent, backstabbing, duplicitous shower until the party has reinvented itself.

I would personally prefer it if the party were to split in two. Thae pro European lot on the one side, the nationalist element on the other. The Labour party would then probably do something similar and instead of having two parties, both at this moment in time seemingly hell bent into fucking up the country's economy for generations, the electorate would have a genuine choice to make.

And if we'd had PR in this country, as virtually every other democracy in the world does, UKIP back in the day before referendums were promised to keep their supporters voting conservative (even though it now seems they took almost as many voted from Labour) they would have had a strong voice in Parliament to articulate their concerns given the number of votes they collected in general elections without electing a single MP.

There might have been some ding dongs in the house but we sure as hell wouldn't have had the utter shambles we've got at the moment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Bet the old Jocks are wishing they'd got themselves to fuck out of it all when they had the chance now.