I'd be proper mardy...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

I'd be proper mardy...

Post by BillyDWhizz »

My mates currently on holiday in Cuba, only to learn that the country is entering 9 days of mourning for the passing of Fidel Castro. EVERYTHING is shut..no booze in public establishments, no shows, no excursions no nothing. He's gonna have a whinge to his holiday company but I'm reckoning he's got bub-kiss chance of getting anything back...Force majeure and all that. I'd be proper pissed off it it happened to me but am currently basking in the schadenfreude due to the fact that I recommended the resort to him and he's a Manc U fan. :D
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Re: I'd be proper mardy...

Post by palerider »

I was on the island of Ios in Greece years ago looking forward to a night on the sauce only to find it was the day of the Greek national election. Alcohol was prohibited everywhere, even in restaurants and supermarkets.

Stuffed vine leaves with chocolate mikshakes didn't cut it. I even remember the name of the cunt that won. Costas Mitsotakis, it's left that much of a scar.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

On the Alcohol front went to Old Trafford ,Cricket against the Aussie,to find we were in an
alcohol free stand,Bloody Nightmare,nothing better than lazing about watching us thump the
aus,having a few beers.
On a positive front met Viv Richards at a Burger Van,he's about 5ft wide...Nice guy.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

I was in Acapulco for the day back in 1997 and wanted to go on a pub crawl but all the bars except Hard Rock Cafe were shut. I think it was a religious holiday.

Six months later, on the way back from Alaska, we had another day there and they'd just had a tropical storm and flooding. We were told "Don't drink the water".

I went on my pub crawl and got really fucking sick.

From ice cubes :lol:

I lost about 6 kilos.