Russell Howard

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Russell Howard

Post by JayK »

Gonzo wrote:
JayK wrote:
Funny ain't it. There's always some sort of expectation or hope when meeting a comedian, they say something funny. And I think sometimes comedians put that pressure on themselves too. Lee Evans jogs round the corner from my mums most mornings. She doesn't see him every day but when she does, she waves and he does a silly face and wave back as if that's what she's expecting.
I'' not saying that's what your daughter expected but I imagine most would've asked her "was he funny"?

It's different for other celebs on the street for example I met both Emma Bunton and Patrick Viera very very briefly in the same week in Hampstead but never got an urge to ask Emma to sing or Patrick to do some keepy ups.

I have a friend who's a comedian (funnily enough he's performed at Big Face Mikes comedy club) and whenever he explains what he does for a living he gets ordered "tell us a joke then". He has to prove his profession to complete strangers as you say Jay.

"hello, my name's Kris and I'm a plumber".. .. . . . . . ."Oh are you now? Install that toilet"
Wait til I get on that boat :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote:
JayK wrote:
Funny ain't it. There's always some sort of expectation or hope when meeting a comedian, they say something funny. And I think sometimes comedians put that pressure on themselves too. Lee Evans jogs round the corner from my mums most mornings. She doesn't see him every day but when she does, she waves and he does a silly face and wave back as if that's what she's expecting.
I'' not saying that's what your daughter expected but I imagine most would've asked her "was he funny"?

It's different for other celebs on the street for example I met both Emma Bunton and Patrick Viera very very briefly in the same week in Hampstead but never got an urge to ask Emma to sing or Patrick to do some keepy ups.
If I met Emma Bunton I think I'd have an urge to ask her to do something other than sing.
It was a very brief encounter after I'd skidded down a shop I was opening and flew into a load of boxes. She had the decency to say hello and a quick chuckle with me before walking off again. Dammit
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote:
JayK wrote:What makes him funnier is that you dunno if he's looking at you or the bloke across the way when he's talking
...one eye going down to the shops,the other coming back with the change
Ha ha ha, exactly :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

dorsetdano wrote:
MitchFY66 wrote:*UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

How is Russell Howard a professional comedian? He has literally made a career out of waiting for someone else to say something funny, then just adding in some shitty, predictable pun. How he is so popular is beyond me.
Why single out RH. I don't find John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Sean Lock, Alan Carr x2 and a whole host of the other current comedians particularly funny. Of the current ones the only one that really stands out for me is Peter Kay and possibly Lee Mack. Bring back Tommy Cooper, Billy Connolly, Spike Milligan or Dame Edna
Alan Carr is the most annoying ever!!!

Best current comedian is Mickey Flanagan imo
COYI!!!

Thames

Post by Thames »

Joe Lycett - now he is funny!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote:
JayK wrote:

If I met Emma Bunton I think I'd have an urge to ask her to do something other than sing.
Me too, like have you bought your ticket for the efl tie against chelski, times running out ya bitch, or something like that.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.