Rhodes wildfires

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Rhodes wildfires

Post by palerider »

A few couples on their honeymoon spent their first night on sunbeds in sports halls after escaping the fires.

Lucky bastards.

I spent the first night of my honeymoon in an Italian jail cell after downing two bottles of the local grappa and running amok in Sorrento armed with a wheel brace dressed as Mussolini.

Through thick and thin n' all that.

Brookbonds73

Re: Rhodes wildfires

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:56 pm A few couples on their honeymoon spent their first night on sunbeds in sports halls after escaping the fires.

Lucky bastards.

I spent the first night of my honeymoon in an Italian jail cell after downing two bottles of the local grappa and running amok in Sorrento armed with a wheel brace dressed as Mussolini.

The good old days Mon Ami.
I was wandering around the Sahara with a camel called Barbara after consuming 6 bottles of the local concoction dressed as a nun on mine. 130 in the shade it was!
Wankers, they haven't lived.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:14 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:56 pm A few couples on their honeymoon spent their first night on sunbeds in sports halls after escaping the fires.

Lucky bastards.

I was wandering around the Sahara with a camel called Barbara after consuming 6 bottles of the local concoction dressed as a nun on mine. 130 in the shade it was!
I think we're just old romantics my learned friend. Last of a dying breed. Lady P asks for nothing more than three litres of antifreeze and four rounds with a silverback a day to keep her happy and I'm sure Mrs BB is the same.

Flowers, chocolates and a week in Greece ?

Pah. Young bints will be demanding spending money next.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:43 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:14 pm

I think we're just old romantics my learned friend. Last of a dying breed. Lady P asks for nothing more than three litres of antifreeze and four rounds with a silverback a day to keep her happy and I'm sure Mrs BB is the same.

Flowers, chocolates and a week in Greece ?

Pah. Young bints will be demanding spending money next.

Sadly I think you're right my compadre.
Gone are the days when when you could rely on your woman starting a brawl in a pub and it taking 5 plod to wrestle her in to the back of a van.
Today it's all prosecco and false nails, Mrs BB was happy with a bottle of stout and Cuban cigar.
Wankers they are, I tell ya.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

And what's wrong with a good old fashioned back scuttling out in the garden, so what if the neighbours are having a barbecue and they've hired a bouncy castle for the little brats. I like to bounce myself!!
If you're not prepared for a bit of heat then stay in Blighty, it hasn't stopped raining here since 2006 ffs.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:59 pm And what's wrong with a good old fashioned back scuttling out in the garden, so what if the neighbours are having a barbecue and they've hired a bouncy castle for the little brats. I like to bounce myself!!
If you're not prepared for a bit of heat then stay in Blighty, it hasn't stopped raining here since 2006 ffs.
Quite so.

I've had my fill of airports, being ripped off by the great unwashed and dodgy guts. Taking Ludmila, the Ukrainian shelf stacker from behind in the frozen products aisle of Portsmouth Asda's then venturing out with a stolen bottle of Stolly into the face of a Sou-Wester is the epitome of a good old British summer.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Statler and Waldorf having a deep and meaningful conversation amongst themselves again... ;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:06 pm Statler and Waldorf having a deep and meaningful conversation amongst themselves again... ;)
Just keeping our hand in before the mad rush of transfers Oz.

:lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:35 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:06 pm Statler and Waldorf having a deep and meaningful conversation amongst themselves again... ;)

Quite so.
Just whiling away the days waiting for a plethora of signings to help us fight against relegation.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:34 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Quite so.
Just whiling away the days waiting for a plethora of signings to help us fight against relegation.
It's not over until the fat lady explodes my learned friend.

Ade Akinfenwa was seen eating a mutton vindaloo in Brick Lane last night.