Ben Stokes - The Messiah!!

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Ben Stokes - The Messiah!!

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:16 am

You may be right. Takes all sorts, as they say,. Whoever "they" are of course. ;)

Perhaps the place will liven up once the defeats start to pile up again after the World Cup break,.
Ain’t that the truth .

Personally I think it’s ME .

I know some people will consider it a sad pastime but I’ve always been a bit of a fisherman and I’ve
Been frequenting a Carp fishing forum for years.
Although it always went a bit quiet during the winter it was always buzzing during the warmer months, and when I say that I mean Kumb-like busy.
Nowadays , all year round , it makes this board look busy .
In fact , and I’ve had a look around , this forum IS busy compared to all other West Ham forums EXCEPT Kumb .

So although it’s quiet it could be worse ….
And believe it or not I’m quite proud of that and I’m quite proud of our regulars .

I don’t believe it has anything to do with any particular trigger such as our numerical friend .
I know fun has been made of certain WhatsApp groups and the like but the ones I am in ARE full of ex-H/C members and if I knew how to get em back on here I would .

It hurts me to say it , and I HAVE said it to their faces , Geo and Gonzo haven’t helped through apparent disinterest .

There . I hope Ben Stokes has taken note 🤣
Tbh I can see their point. I've watched a few of the blogs and, imho, Geo puts a decent one together but as for Gonzo's attempts at cranking up the rumour mills the less said the better. But the blogs are an income generator so it's understandable that's what they put the effort into. And if it drives traffic, and therefore revenue,. I can understand their priorities. I'm guessing that forums such as this are a drain on finances rather than an income generator so they don't really have much of an incentive do they ? And if the overwhelming majority of people signed up are disinterested I think we can understand why they are.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:58 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:38 am

Ain’t that the truth .

Personally I think it’s ME .

I know some people will consider it a sad pastime but I’ve always been a bit of a fisherman and I’ve
Been frequenting a Carp fishing forum for years.
Although it always went a bit quiet during the winter it was always buzzing during the warmer months, and when I say that I mean Kumb-like busy.
Nowadays , all year round , it makes this board look busy .
In fact , and I’ve had a look around , this forum IS busy compared to all other West Ham forums EXCEPT Kumb .

So although it’s quiet it could be worse ….
And believe it or not I’m quite proud of that and I’m quite proud of our regulars .

I don’t believe it has anything to do with any particular trigger such as our numerical friend .
I know fun has been made of certain WhatsApp groups and the like but the ones I am in ARE full of ex-H/C members and if I knew how to get em back on here I would .

It hurts me to say it , and I HAVE said it to their faces , Geo and Gonzo haven’t helped through apparent disinterest .

There . I hope Ben Stokes has taken note 🤣
Tbh I can see their point. I've watched a few of the blogs and, imho, Geo puts a decent one together but as for Gonzo's attempts at cranking up the rumour mills the less said the better. But the blogs are an income generator so it's understandable that's what they put the effort into. And if it drives traffic, and therefore revenue,. I can understand their priorities. I'm guessing that forums such as this are a drain on finances rather than an income generator so they don't really have much of an incentive do they ? And if the overwhelming majority of people signed up are disinterested I think we can understand why they are.
A 2 line contribution once a month could be a lifesaver for this forum . No doubt the many lurkers at given times may be encouraged to join in the fun if their heroes were active now and again .
The live chat during their videos is a hive of activity.
If only I were good looking …. (Shut it Jay :lol: )
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'll not have a bad word said about them.

I've attended functions at Gonzo Towers and I can assure you, there was a never ending supply of brasso and industrial strength cleaning fluid on offer for the discerning tippler.

A truly gracious host.

And although it's true I've never been to the ancestral home of Clan Geo, I'm sure the same applied, along with deep-fried chocolate bars, offal cooked with oatmeal and scantily clad serving wenches from the local villages he'd pillaged.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:26 pm

A 2 line contribution once a month could be a lifesaver for this forum . No doubt the many lurkers at given times may be encouraged to join in the fun if their heroes were active now and again .
Never seen one of the live ones. Presumably they are for the paying members ? But seriously I would guess the topics they discuss are a factor in "driving" the discussions if you get my drift. If it's interesting enough people will join in.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:26 pm

:lol:
Attachments
47E5861A-8C3E-4342-9A4A-907D887C1F4A.gif
47E5861A-8C3E-4342-9A4A-907D887C1F4A.gif (581.48 KiB) Viewed 553 times
COYI!!!

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »