I couldnt take it any more..

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Rick_Deckard

I couldnt take it any more..

Post by Rick_Deckard »

I finally cracked...I had to email the OS about the font on the OS homepage and other pages ...its a fucking joke, couldnt believe it when i first saw it...to say its amateurish is an understatement...
For readability its right down at the bottom of the scale, it looks old fashioned at best, its horrendous, even Comic Sans is more readable !...

Credit must go though to whoever it was that convinced them to use it considering how many sans serif typekits out there are out there specifically designed for modern day screens and readability...and all totally free, which would definitely appeal to the dildo brothers.

Ive only been coding sites for nearly thirty years, so what do i know?

Only at West Ham....

rant over

Newmarket

Re: I couldnt take it any more..

Post by Newmarket »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:08 am I finally cracked...I had to email the OS about the font on the OS homepage and other pages ...its a fucking joke, couldnt believe it when i first saw it...to say its amateurish is an understatement...
For readability its right down at the bottom of the scale, it looks old fashioned at best, its horrendous, even Comic Sans is more readable !...

Credit must go though to whoever it was that convinced them to use it considering how many sans serif typekits out there are out there specifically designed for modern day screens and readability...and all totally free, which would definitely appeal to the dildo brothers.

Ive only been coding sites for nearly thirty years, so what do i know?

Only at West Ham....

rant over
I didn’t realise what you was talking about Rick , not being a regular visitor to that site .
But yeah , having seen it it’s a bit naff isn’t it ?

I expect you’d have to be an IT freak to upset you though so I see where you’re coming from if that’s the case .

I just think it’s a shit site generally though tbh
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

When they first produced the "new site" i thought it was just temporary...i visit now and again , but usually leave PDQ as the whole site is crap.
But that typeface is so bad im amazed the disability crowd havent said anything...on small screens that font is a nightmare, its bad enough on my 27' 4k mac screens, on my android phone its a joke...

im not a total geek, but like most people have visited a gazillion sites and it stood out and bugged me ever since...

Originally i went to look for a list fixtures...Football > Mens First Team.> nope ....just want a simple list of the seasons fixtures but nada it has to be hunted down ...its laughable really

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

To be honest That’s the last of our fucking problems at the moment.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Ricks having a geek fit :D :D :D
Covid in the Boardroom

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

^ I agree ...but you know how some things get right up your fuckin' nose and really grind your gears, like when we are 2 down at home and The Fat Hamster would just sit there chewing his gum arms crossed looking like hes ready to go into hibernation !...