This is what happens when you have...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Rick_Deckard

This is what happens when you have...

Post by Rick_Deckard »

a cunt of the highest possible order as mayor of what was once one of the worlds greatest cities...

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/sad ... don-102521

JayK

Re: This is what happens when you have...

Post by JayK »

Osama bin Laden road soon to be seen in Tower Hamlets ffs.

These 2 bits I cut and paste out of it just says it all for me really. I always thought the history of the city and the tourism it brings was the cities greatest strength. Guess I got that wrong.

Here’s the c&p’s…..

These (less than good) findings have prompted the mayor’s office to announce a £1m fund to help kick-start actual change across the city where representation in public spaces is concerned for "Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, women, LGBTQ+ communities and disabled people" a statement says.

In a statement on the launch of these grants, Khan has said "London’s diversity is its greatest strength but for far too long our capital’s statues, street names and buildings have only shown a limited perspective on our city’s complex history." Adding that the fund will aim to "help the diverse communities who know our city best lead the way in celebrating our capital’s Untold Stories.”
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm Osama bin Laden road soon to be seen in Tower Hamlets ffs.

These 2 bits I cut and paste out of it just says it all for me really. I always thought the history of the city and the tourism it brings was the cities greatest strength. Guess I got that wrong.

Here’s the c&p’s…..

These (less than good) findings have prompted the mayor’s office to announce a £1m fund to help kick-start actual change across the city where representation in public spaces is concerned for "Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, women, LGBTQ+ communities and disabled people" a statement says.

In a statement on the launch of these grants, Khan has said "London’s diversity is its greatest strength but for far too long our capital’s statues, street names and buildings have only shown a limited perspective on our city’s complex history." Adding that the fund will aim to "help the diverse communities who know our city best lead the way in celebrating our capital’s Untold Stories.”
Good on him I say.

I've written to Sadiq with some suggestions.

Kunta Kinte Gardens, Malcolm X Street and Yasser Arafat Close are my favourites.

If I lived in London he'd certainly get my vote, yassum.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm Osama bin Laden road soon to be seen in Tower Hamlets ffs.

Here’s the c&p’s…..

Good on him I say.

I've written to Sadiq with some suggestions.

Kunta Kinte Gardens, Malcolm X Street and Yasser Arafat Close are my favourites.

If I lived in London he'd certainly get my vote, yassum.

Indeed.
Fair play to salami nose for having the nouse to come up with it.
Here's some further suggestions.

Big Ben - Big Bongo

Nelson's Column - Muktars Shaft

Tower of London - Tower of Babylon

Houses of parliament - Mudhuts of Delhi

Downing Street - Duvali Gardens.

About time we had a bit of Diversity me thinks.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

:lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

What about this introduced to Camden Town

Trans pedestrian crossing unveiled in London to show ‘everyone is welcome’..Surely EVERYONE was welcome before?? :roll:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/09/trans-pe ... -15569472/

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:24 pm What about this introduced to Camden Town

Trans pedestrian crossing unveiled in London to show ‘everyone is welcome’..Surely EVERYONE was welcome before?? :roll:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/09/trans-pe ... -15569472/
Utterly pathetic designed by wankers. It's 4 horizontal lines, pink,sky blue,white.An approaching motorist is used to seeing black and white vertical lines and recognises 'zebra crossing' and anticipates people moving.

The fabricated design looks like a bit of street art.

The people who approve these type of changes need to be removed from their positions. Frankly they are fucking dangerous.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Money well spent
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:54 pm Money well spent
Has Numbers hijacked your account? :lol:

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:54 pm Money well spent
Has Numbers hijacked your account? :lol:
I was being facetious mate ;)
Omicron is an anagram of moronic