Some people.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Brookbonds73

Some people.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whilst out earlier getting supplies for a new rack and bomb making equipment, I noticed a young oik of no more than 5 screaming at his mother. It was causing quite a stir in the car park. I immediately sprung in to action and landed the most beautiful uppercut to the young beast. A swift kick in the arse was to follow, sending him over the bonnet.
"No need for thanks my good woman, but should you wish to rid yourself of this vile creature, I have friends in Latvia that would pay a king's ransom" I said.
Well, the abuse I got for my good deed was stunning, I had to taser her several times just to shut her up.
I shall think twice in future, before I offer assistance, I tell you.
Hopefully when she's calmed down, I'll let her and that vile specimen out of my boot and they can be on their way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Re: Some people.

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm Whilst out earlier getting supplies for a new rack and bomb making equipment, I noticed a young oik of no more than 5 screaming at his mother. It was causing quite a stir in the car park. I immediately sprung in to action and landed the most beautiful uppercut to the young beast. A swift kick in the arse was to follow, sending him over the bonnet.
"No need for thanks my good woman, but should you wish to rid yourself of this vile creature, I have friends in Latvia that would pay a king's ransom" I said.
Well, the abuse I got for my good deed was stunning, I had to taser her several times just to shut her up.
I shall think twice in future, before I offer assistance, I tell you.
Hopefully when she's calmed down, I'll let her and that vile specimen out of my boot and they can be on their way.
Luckily we don't have the same problem in Somerset my good man.

Children under 10 are forced by local laws to wear muzzles. Any aggressive behaviour results in the town stocks. A second offence would be punishable by a year in a YOI institute.

No namby-pamby pc bollocks down here. This is Judge Jeffreys country.

If they're old enough to steal they're old enough to hang.

It's what made this country great.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:32 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Children under 10 are forced by local laws to wear muzzles. Any aggressive behaviour results in the town stocks. A second offence would be punishable by a year in a YOI institute.

Ahh Judge Jeffreys. He's a local (to me) Wrexham lad and a hero around these parts. Many a time we've gone down to Acton Park at midnight, stood in the center of the Gorsedd Stones and spun around three times whilst reciting his name.

So far he hasn't appeared, but we live in the hope that he will soon. He'd wipe the smug smiles off of the toothless faces of those who think that having 103 criminal convictions is "cool". No community service with old George, no sir, none at all...
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 am
palerider wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Ahh Judge Jeffreys. He's a local (to me) Wrexham lad and a hero around these parts. Many a time we've gone down to Acton Park at midnight, stood in the center of the Gorsedd Stones and spun around three times whilst reciting his name.

So far he hasn't appeared, but we live in the hope that he will soon. He'd wipe the smug smiles off of the toothless faces of those who think that having 103 criminal convictions is "cool". No community service with old George, no sir, none at all...
He was the presiding judge following the Battle of Sedgemoor, 1685. The Monmouth rebellion and the last battle on English soil. Just up the road from me at Westonzoyland.

1300 of Monmouth's followers were tried by Jeffreys at Taunton Assizes. Many were sent to Australia. I believe that both Oz and Tassie are descended from them. Most were executed by hanging, or if a tad unlucky, being drawn and quartered afterwards.

One Benjamin Hewling escaped being hung drawn and quartered after his sister paid Jeffreys £1000, a fortune in those days, and he was just hung instead.

Never let it be said that Jeffreys was without mercy.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 am

He was the presiding judge following the Battle of Sedgemoor, 1685. The Monmouth rebellion and the last battle on English soil. Just up the road from me at Westonzoyland.

1300 of Monmouth's followers were tried by Jeffreys at Taunton Assizes. Many were sent to Australia. I believe that both Oz and Tassie are descended from them. Most were executed by hanging, or if a tad unlucky, being drawn and quartered afterwards.

One Benjamin Hewling escaped being hung drawn and quartered after his sister paid Jeffreys £1000, a fortune in those days, and he was just hung instead.

Always reminds me of Vincent Price that story :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:24 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Christopher Lee played Jeffreys in film Tim. You must be thinking of Witchfinder General which was in your neck of the woods. There are probably still loads of witches walking down Grays High Street as I type.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Christopher Lee played Jeffreys in film Tim. You must be thinking of Witchfinder General which was in your neck of the woods. There are probably still loads of witches walking down Grays High Street as I type.
Well spotted Alan . We’re running a bit short on Puritans though .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 am
palerider wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 am

Well spotted Alan . We’re running a bit short on Puritans though .
:lol:

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

palerider wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm 1300 of Monmouth's followers were tried by Jeffreys at Taunton Assizes. Many were sent to Australia. I believe that both Oz and Tassie are descended from them.
I’m not familiar with the history around Judge Jeffreys, but is it more likely that they were sent to the US?

The First Fleet didn’t arrive until 1788, nearly 100 years after Jeffreys had died.

And OzI should drop in, even if just to stir a few pots.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:36 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm 1300 of Monmouth's followers were tried by Jeffreys at Taunton Assizes. Many were sent to Australia. I believe that both Oz and Tassie are descended from them.
I’m not familiar with the history around Judge Jeffreys, but is it more likely that they were sent to the US?

The First Fleet didn’t arrive until 1788, nearly 100 years after Jeffreys had died.

And OzI should drop in, even if just to stir a few pots.
You are correct. The page I was looking at should have said the West Indies.

You and Tassie aren't black are you ?