The independent country of Jockland

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
h69

Re: The independent country of Jockland

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm
h69 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:31 am This is a good listen from a guy that was head boy at my school while I was there.

:lol:

Used to play MK a lot before got famous..think lived nearby.saw him in my local leisure center where I once lived...
Edit.....I didn't live in the actual Leisure Center.......... :lol:

Funny Bastard....

Funny thing bout all this...most Scots don't wanna leave..as they've already voted on and will again...
But liked said before keeps the SNP bods in employment...
We were both at school in Bedford down the road which is why MK was the biggest destination. In those days it was growing and people got excited over simple things like the first multi screen cinema complex at 'the Point'.

He was one year older than me and was head of school before departing for Oxford to read History. Was Alistair in those days with ginger hair and was a really nice guy from what I remember.

This is a bit longer but worth a watch. His take on the whole world :

mkhammer

Re: The independent country of Jockland

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:29 am
mkhammer wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm

:lol:

Used to play MK a lot before got famous..think lived nearby.saw him in my local leisure center where I once lived...
Edit.....I didn't live in the actual Leisure Center.......... :lol:

Funny Bastard....

Funny thing bout all this...most Scots don't wanna leave..as they've already voted on and will again...
But liked said before keeps the SNP bods in employment...
We were both at school in Bedford down the road which is why MK was the biggest destination. In those days it was growing and people got excited over simple things like the first multi screen cinema complex at 'the Point'.

He was one year older than me and was head of school before departing for Oxford to read History. Was Alistair in those days with ginger hair and was a really nice guy from what I remember.

This is a bit longer but worth a watch. His take on the whole world :
Place was called Shenley Leisure Centre..he was there a few times...Just had a big rep as the Pub Landlord,everyone
saying you gotta see this guy.....Never fails to crack me up.... :lol:
Deserved all his success..

Point...Looks really tatty now..supposed to have been knocked down bout 6 years ago,and replaced with a giant
piano type building would you believe.... :lol: ....but as usual in these things a "Save the point" committee was set up...want it listed...
so it just sits there covered in cob webs and no one can redevelop the site....