Wisconsin

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Flairon

Wisconsin

Post by Flairon »

I arrived in Wisconsin from South Florida today. I must say that the different colour of the trees is very reminiscent of parts of England. It is also very nice to see proper grass for a change.

I am in a place called Two Rivers (working in Manitowoc). I must say it is awfully white here. I literally have not seen anyone of any other ethnicity. I cannot recall being able to say that in the 22 years I have lived in the States and certainly not when I grew up in England. I must admit, it does seem a tad odd tbh.

On top of that it is colder than a witches tit. :mrgreen:
Flairon

palerider

Re: Wisconsin

Post by palerider »

Flairon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 am I arrived in Wisconsin from South Florida today. I must say that the different colour of the trees is very reminiscent of parts of England. It is also very nice to see proper grass for a change.

I am in a place called Two Rivers (working in Manitowoc). I must say it is awfully white here. I literally have not seen anyone of any other ethnicity. I cannot recall being able to say that in the 22 years I have lived in the States and certainly not when I grew up in England. I must admit, it does seem a tad odd tbh.

You mean you've moved there ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 am I arrived in Wisconsin from South Florida today. I must say that the different colour of the trees is very reminiscent of parts of England. It is also very nice to see proper grass for a change.

Is it the home of the Green Bay Packers ? and did not Rod Steward sing what made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me...and who was Milwaukee, did she die in vain

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:32 am

Is it the home of the Green Bay Packers ? and did not Rod Steward sing what made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me...and who was Milwaukee, did she die in vain

Yes indeed mate home of the Cheeseheads...twice I've mentioned the Packers on here today...Big Fan.... :D

Wouldn't trust what Rod Stewart says A Londoner that claims to be Scottish....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Make sure you pay a visit to Steven Avery.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:10 pm Make sure you pay a visit to Steven Avery.
:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

It is indeed the home of the Green Bay Packers. As to?Rod Stewart I do not know.

It is awfully white here. I am staying in a place called Two?Rivers whilst working in Manitowoc on Lake Michigan.

It appears to be very pro Trump with the election was rigged and Twitter is communist signs.

I have not seen any black people and only 8 Asians (4 9f them were in the Chinese take?away. 😝
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Flairon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 pm
It is indeed the home of the Green Bay Packers. As to?Rod Stewart I do not know.

It is awfully white here. I am staying in a place called Two?Rivers whilst working in Manitowoc on Lake Michigan.

It appears to be very pro Trump with the election was rigged and Twitter is communist signs.

I have not seen any black people and only 8 Asians (4 9f them were in the Chinese take?away. 😝
If it's too cold in the night.
Just set fire to an upside down cross and stick a pillow case over your crust. Works a treat.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 pm

That is twice you have said 'It is awfully white here'.

Serious questions : Why do you find it so awful that all the people there are white ? Is skin colour the first thing you judge people on ?
Do you really need some other ethic background people to feel comfortable ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm guessing that Mr McStewart's song is a reference to the brewing industry in Milwaukee. Aren't the words of the song something like what made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me ? Suggesting he is blaming the demon drink for turning him into a mumbling, stumbling alky. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?