The Official F1 thread 2021

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: The Official F1 thread 2021

Post by Noni »

I've never been a fan of Derek Warwick, he was the steward at the Austrian Grand Prix who gave Lando Norris those penalty points and a 5 second penalty in the pits.

I thought it was unfair on these penalties during this race. Both Perez and Norris received equally the same points. To me this was racing and nothing dangerous.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I still think Lando was in Star Wars ….
Bring back Jonathon !

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 pm I've never been a fan of Derek Warwick, he was the steward at the Austrian Grand Prix who gave Lando Norris those penalty points and a 5 second penalty in the pits.

I thought it was unfair on these penalties during this race. Both Perez and Norris received equally the same points. To me this was racing and nothing dangerous.
Agree with that. Everyone was saying we want less penalties and allow them to race, including the drivers, and then this happens!!
Agree about Warwick but I think Michael Masi is the bigger problem.

Noni

Post by Noni »

RIP!!!.....Carlos Reutemann who was Argentinian.

He has died at 79

:(

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 am
Noni wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 pm I've never been a fan of Derek Warwick, he was the steward at the Austrian Grand Prix who gave Lando Norris those penalty points and a 5 second penalty in the pits.

Agree with that. Everyone was saying we want less penalties and allow them to race, including the drivers, and then this happens!!
What confuses me about this penalty, both drivers got awarded with a double wammy. Not only did they get a 5 second penalty, but points on their licence. I thought this was very harsh indeed as they were racing!... Christian Horner said this was extremely unfair to both drivers.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:43 pm
Gandalf wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 am

What confuses me about this penalty, both drivers got awarded with a double wammy. Not only did they get a 5 second penalty, but points on their licence. I thought this was very harsh indeed as they were racing!... Christian Horner said this was extremely unfair to both drivers.
Both those drivers are on 8 points on their licence. And neither drivers are anywhere near dirty or dangerous drivers.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Well last week, football fans said it was coming home. Now we have the British Grand Prix and Lewis needs to do well here to keep the WC alive. One DNF for Max could well do it.

Also we have the sprint qualifying, where the top 3 will score extra points.

Pundits believe George Russell will join Mercedes next season.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Noni wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:51 pm Well last week, football fans said it was coming home. Now we have the British Grand Prix and Lewis needs to do well here to keep the WC alive. One DNF for Max could well do it.

Sprint qualifying? That’s new ain’t it? They gotta run to their cars?
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:26 am
Noni wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:51 pm Well last week, football fans said it was coming home. Now we have the British Grand Prix and Lewis needs to do well here to keep the WC alive. One DNF for Max could well do it.

Le Mans start

Noni

Post by Noni »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:26 am

I would really enjoy that if that happened, :) I'm afraid it won't happen. There's a total of 3 sprint qualifying this season. Britain, Italy and the USA.
This is purely an experiment to see if this would spark fans interest in the sport. If successful they may introduce this next season as well.

If they do, I would only prefer several sprint qualifiers in a season and still keep the old system as the main qualifier.