The Official F1 thread 2021

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Re: The Official F1 thread 2021

Post by BillyDWhizz »

That Red Bull is fast!

Any driver other than Lewis Hamilton in front of him and Verstappen would have pissed it.

I know Lewis has his haters but to win that race in a car that was noticeably slower than the Red Bull shows why he's a 7 times World Champion. We could actually have an exciting F1 season for a change. Verstappen is an excellent driver with a very fast car and Hamilton is a legendary driver with a slightly slower car. Should be interesting.

Kudos to Lando Norris who I thought drove brilliantly today - big future for that guy as long as he follows in the footsteps of Hamilton rather than those of the highly talented but ultimately disappointing (in F1) Johnny Herbert.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:18 pm That Red Bull is fast!

Any driver other than Lewis Hamilton in front of him and Verstappen would have pissed it.

I know Lewis has his haters but to win that race in a car that was noticeably slower than the Red Bull shows why he's a 7 times World Champion. We could actually have an exciting F1 season for a change. Verstappen is an excellent driver with a very fast car and Hamilton is a legendary driver with a slightly slower car. Should be interesting.

Kudos to Lando Norris who I thought drove brilliantly today - big future for that guy as long as he follows in the footsteps of Hamilton rather than those of the highly talented but ultimately disappointing (in F1) Johnny Herbert.
Lando Norris ?

THE Lando Norris ? From Star Wars ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Lando Norris ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lando Calrissian
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

JayK wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:45 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Lando Norris ?

I'd watch a lot more F1 if the drivers line up included the likes of Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca and Emperor Palpatine.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am
JayK wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:45 pm

I'd watch a lot more F1 if the drivers line up included the likes of Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca and Emperor Palpatine.
Would be a bit like Whacky Races :lol:
COYI!!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gotta say, we may have a good title on our hands... ;)

Lewis just beat Verstappen on what was a debatable subject on track limits, which the FIA kept changing.

Think Vettel should retire, he managed more in penalty points then the race of 12 in total. Lets blame Ocon who Vettel crashed into. :lol:

Thumbs up for Perez and Norris who drove very well through out. I expect a threat from Perez sooner then later as the season progresses.

Ferrari better then last year, but no real threat from the top 3 teams. I'm putting McLaren in that 3rd spot. Daniel Ricciardo will improve a lot as the season carries on scoring solid points.

Shame about Haas and Mazespin crashes on the 3rd corner. At least Mick Schumacher finished.

George Russell 14th :)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Noni wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 am

Gotta say, we may have a good title on our hands... ;)

George Russell 14th :)
He didn’t take the bends very well I’m told ...
E603E705-FD91-4E67-9834-8F203510E144.gif
E603E705-FD91-4E67-9834-8F203510E144.gif (760.72 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Bring back Jonathon !

Noni

Post by Noni »

Wow, what a qualifying session. Red Bulls looked quick but Hamilton pips Perez from Pole to reach number 99 in his career.

Norris should of been on the front row and also looked quick in the practice sessions. His time got penalized as he hit track limits and moved down to 7th on the grid. Bottas 8th :shock: Wow. McLarens looking good and hoping Williams get some points in the race. Russel beating Vettel in qualifying. :)

Noni

Post by Noni »

What a race. This could be a very close match between Hamilton and Verstappen, who won by the way.

Hamilton after a dreadful mistake went off track but recovered and ended back onto 2nd place and getting a fastest place point.

What a drive by Lando Norris, 2nd, 3rd place finish :) Voted Driver of the day. Thought the tactics of McLaren were correct allowing lando through by Daniel Ricciardo.

Where was Bottas? Crashed with George Russell, hopefully Mercedes will look at this as a 50/50 mistake.

Glad that Mazespin keeps his title name, as he lost it on the last few laps. :lol:

Enjoyed this race. Hamilton gains by 1 point in the WC.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Noni wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:45 am What a race. This could be a very close match between Hamilton and Verstappen, who won by the way.

Hamilton after a dreadful mistake went off track but recovered and ended back onto 2nd place and getting a fastest place point.

What a drive by Lando Norris, 2nd, 3rd place finish :) Voted Driver of the day. Thought the tactics of McLaren were correct allowing lando through by Daniel Ricciardo.

Where was Bottas? Crashed with George Russell, hopefully Mercedes will look at this as a 50/50 mistake.

Glad that Mazespin keeps his title name, as he lost it on the last few laps. :lol:

Enjoyed this race. Hamilton gains by 1 point in the WC.

Best driving of the day was Lewis getting out of that sand trap thought he was done there..gotta be so careful,soon as those
wheels spin yer done for,eased it out beautifully..
Messed the pit stop up a bit,should have come out in front,maybe should have let him have another lap..hindsight..who knows.. :lol:
Seems he's enjoying some proper competition like us...
Really enjoying Russel and Norris coming thru.....Bottas was a bit nasty,frustration I think,but you cant make that move,bloody
dangerous..
Perez disappointing so far..always thought he deserved a top drive.

Think the Mercs will find that little bit they need to edge out The Bulls over the season...Lewis is the edge in any 50/50
stuff as well.
Find I still keep wanting Lewis to win ,despite the MK Red Bull thing, home team..live couple miles from Astons as well,
known guys that have worked there....they have all the Astons parked up outside the old Garage as you drive past..
Fuckin Beautiful sight...

Not happy Vettel got the drive there..hard getting behind him...not my favourite person..

Gonna be a good years racing tho by looks..