IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Message For Terry1965

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 pm I've replied to the PM you sent me but the PM system is pretty shit and replies usually sit in my outbox for days so to be on the safe side here it is. I don't care if our little secret is out and the world and his wife knows about it ;)

OK Here Goes. I don't know if your Firestick is first or second generation. I had a first generation one that worked fine but it was a bit slow but I now have a second generation one (it has a voice device which the 1st generation didn't have) which is faster.

Go onto the internet and type in your search engine "Rising Tides for Kodi". That will tell you how to load the Rising Tides add on on to your Kodi. When you have done that and you open Kodi just go to the Rising Tides app, click on, and go to "Live football". That will show you any live streams for any games being played that day,.

If you like watching movies or tv series you should add an app to Kodi for that. I use "Exodus" Again just type in Exodus for Kodi in your searcher and follow the instructions. Pretty much the same process as for Rising Tides.

You mentioned about taking payments. Both Rising Tides and Exodus are free. So don't be fooled into paying anything. You may decide to use a VPN but so far I haven't needed one with Rising Tides. The best VPNs do cost, but less than £10 a month. However you may not experience any problems without one.

Mkhammaer mentioned "STRIX" in one of his posts and I installed that on my firestick today. That can be installed without Kodi. IHe uses it for sport and I played around with it for a little while and it looks decent. However I tried it to watch a tv series I like and it was crap. It kept stopping. But as I say it seems to give you a lot of sports (and other) TV channels. Wirth installing imo.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on with Rising Tides and Exodus. Good luck.
Nah was Sportz TV....mentioned whisk....had never heard of Strix TBH......but I'll download it later have a look,but will
have to be very good to beat Sportz TV....happy with the Tenner a month as well.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 pm I've replied to the PM you sent me but the PM system is pretty shit and replies usually sit in my outbox for days so to be on the safe side here it is. I don't care if our little secret is out and the world and his wife knows about it ;)

OK Here Goes. I don't know if your Firestick is first or second generation. I had a first generation one that worked fine but it was a bit slow but I now have a second generation one (it has a voice device which the 1st generation didn't have) which is faster.

Go onto the internet and type in your search engine "Rising Tides for Kodi". That will tell you how to load the Rising Tides add on on to your Kodi. When you have done that and you open Kodi just go to the Rising Tides app, click on, and go to "Live football". That will show you any live streams for any games being played that day,.

If you like watching movies or tv series you should add an app to Kodi for that. I use "Exodus" Again just type in Exodus for Kodi in your searcher and follow the instructions. Pretty much the same process as for Rising Tides.

You mentioned about taking payments. Both Rising Tides and Exodus are free. So don't be fooled into paying anything. You may decide to use a VPN but so far I haven't needed one with Rising Tides. The best VPNs do cost, but less than £10 a month. However you may not experience any problems without one.

Mkhammaer mentioned "STRIX" in one of his posts and I installed that on my firestick today. That can be installed without Kodi. IHe uses it for sport and I played around with it for a little while and it looks decent. However I tried it to watch a tv series I like and it was crap. It kept stopping. But as I say it seems to give you a lot of sports (and other) TV channels. Wirth installing imo.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on with Rising Tides and Exodus. Good luck.
Nah was Sportz TV....mentioned whisk....had never heard of Strix TBH......but I'll download it later have a look,but will
have to be very good to beat Sportz TV....happy with the Tenner a month as well.
Strix is a stand alone APK alternative to KODI . It’s pretty good as it has tons of TV & Movie options but you’ll probably experience the same buffering problems as Kodi unless you integrate Real-Debrid etc .

You know what I use for live footy , same as you :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Strix is a stand alone APK alternative to KODI . It’s pretty good as it has tons of TV & Movie options but you’ll probably experience the same buffering problems as Kodi unless you integrate Real-Debrid etc .

Sent you message mate.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Oh Right....don't really use anything Kodi related anymore,any film/tv show we want and can't find ,can usually get on
Cinema HD app on the firestick...
Till SportZ goes tits up,I'm happy with what I've got..

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Oh Right....don't really use anything Kodi related anymore,any film/tv show we want and can't find ,can usually get on
Has your Cinema APK been behaving itself lately as I read that some are having problems with it ?

Why you always need a series of alternatives . I use the Xanax Kodi build which is the bollocks and doesn’t need maintaining as it updates itself regularly.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Must have been someone else. Haven't tried STRIX for the real stuff yet, just played around with it yesterday and was fairly impressed. It's free so might prove to be a dud but no harm trying. And it's a "freestanding" app, no need for Kodi. Just get it straight from downloader and off you go. ;)

Don't bother with it for TV shows, and presumably movies as well, Exodus ( a Kodi add on) beats the crap out of it for them. Never any buffering problems. I watched an episode of a TV show on STRIX yesterday just to see what it was like and it was utter pants. But I have heard the sports stuff is much better. Time will tell I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am
Shortshanks wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 pm Rising Tides is excellent and you also need to try Vola Sports which is equally as good. You don't need to install within Kodi as it's a standalone app.
I must be doing something wrong !! I’ve loaded VOLA but the only sports tabs coming up are NBC and the F1 channel. STRIX has literally dozens including all the Bein Sports channels.

Of course as Mrs W has politely pointed out maybe I’ve fucked up something. :lol:
I only use it for the live games which only become active just before kick off. Watched the cricket today , great picture and no buffering. With the footie they usually have at least 4 streams Sky, NSBCN, Bein etc. Forgot it was on BBC as well.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am

I must be doing something wrong !! I’ve loaded VOLA but the only sports tabs coming up are NBC and the F1 channel. STRIX has literally dozens including all the Bein Sports channels.

Of course as Mrs W has politely pointed out maybe I’ve fucked up something. :lol:
I only use it for the live games which only become active just before kick off. Watched the cricket today , great picture and no buffering. With the footie they usually have at least 4 streams Sky, NSBCN, Bein etc. Forgot it was on BBC as well.
Tbh that's probably the only time I'll use it. I use Exodus (Kodi add on) for movies occasionally and t v series but rarely stream anything else. But when I opened the program I could only see a link to NBC and the Formula 1 site under the sports heading. But there was a box that said "Download 6.6.2 which didn't seem to do anything. Is this where the streams would be listed normally.

The one thing I found a bit annoying was the bar at the bottom where various messages were being shown going across.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:16 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Has your Cinema APK been behaving itself lately as I read that some are having problems with it ?

Why you always need a series of alternatives . I use the Xanax Kodi build which is the bollocks and doesn’t need maintaining as it updates itself regularly.
Used it couple weeks back to watch Brassic...(never seen it, really funny)...was fine no probs.Have another one called Bee TV
does the same..works ok as well.
Yeah have the Xanax build,nice to have other options,especially for footie.

I like Rising Tides on Kodi/Xanax...cos before all this shit hit,during footie season it gives a list of all games Euro/Worldwide
that you can watch...and never had a prob watching them.

But you guys know all about that anyway.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:54 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Tbh that's probably the only time I'll use it. I use Exodus (Kodi add on) for movies occasionally and t v series but rarely stream anything else. But when I opened the program I could only see a link to NBC and the Formula 1 site under the sports heading. But there was a box that said "Download 6.6.2 which didn't seem to do anything. Is this where the streams would be listed normally.

The one thing I found a bit annoying was the bar at the bottom where various messages were being shown going across.
I only use it for the football and the cricket. When I open it, it has the live streams listed straightaway under "matches". I see today it has only 4 items listed and only one of those is today which is NBA. It has the cricket listed for tomorrow. I would wait until the football starts to give it a go, I was using it for the end of season PL games and Champions league etc and it worked great like Rising Tides. I may be telling you something you already know but there is a great site Kodiapps.com which gives all the best working links. The standalone apps are listed under APKTime and the Kodi links are listed under Add-ons. Like you I use it mainly to get the live sport and very occasionally films .Btw I've never experienced the "various messages" bit. Is that during streaming?