IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Newmarket »

I’m now a proud subscriber .

Anybody else indulge ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BillyDWhizz

Re: IPTV

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:18 pm I’m now a proud subscriber .

Anybody else indulge ?
Is this your sneaky way of marketing your reseller plan? :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:18 pm I’m now a proud subscriber .

Anybody else indulge ?
You got me there Bill , I’m not even sure what that is tbh :D :D

I’m paying $9.99 a month for 6400 live channels plus extras including HD quality etc and I’m going to be telling TalkTalk to stick there package where the sun don’t shine ... worst customer service EVER .

I just need to find a reliable broadband provider .
Bring back Jonathon !

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:52 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 pm

I’m paying $9.99 a month for 6400 live channels plus extras including HD quality etc and I’m going to be telling TalkTalk to stick there package where the sun don’t shine ... worst customer service EVER .

Just from personal experience over the last decade: Sky broadband = crap. Post office were good but didn't do fibre at my new property and my current BT package is good but as soon as Virgin get their all singing all dancing superfast greased weasle shit broadband in my area I'll be switching to them. Think I'm gonna have a loooooong wait though.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Never heard of IPTV but as far as broadband goes, I’m going virgin next. Decided to switch from BT coz it was a bit temperamental and so it was a toss up (not literally) between sky and virgin going by speed and price. Well fuck me, sky was supposed to be better than BT but it’s actually worse. This contract can’t run out soon enough for me.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 am Never heard of IPTV but as far as broadband goes, I’m going virgin next. Decided to switch from BT coz it was a bit temperamental and so it was a toss up (not literally) between sky and virgin going by speed and price. Well fuck me, sky was supposed to be better than BT but it’s actually worse. This contract can’t run out soon enough for me.
Sky Internet was not TOO bad for me Jay but I got rid of it as I just couldn’t afford the overall package .
And that was withOUT the sports & movie channels.

I changed to TalkTalk as it is half the price of the Sky package and I can pretty much tailor exactly what Tv channels I want (a mixture of the usual free view -available channels and internet driven subscription channels such as Sky witness etc .

Trouble is their broadband is cack.

It stops & starts when it feels like , it just drops from devices as you walk around the house and when it is working it freezes and buffers like fuck.

TalkTalk’s customer service is appalling . They can’t give you an engineer visit to sort it out for at least 4 weeks and I can’t commit to a long term appointment (£40 charge by the way) as I never know what shift I’m on that far in advance.

My internet channels that I subscribe to haven’t worked since Xmas so I’m paying for a service that never works and they insist there’s no problem with their broadband and it’s something I’m doing wrong ffs

The only decent BB I ever had was Virgin which was faultless but I can’t get it where I live .

Anyway IPTV is a internet driven subscription service (there are many out there) that is excellent .
This is mine :

https://troypoint.com/durextv/

You just need a decent reliable BB connection.

And no tv licence as your vpn masks what you’re watching.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Just from personal experience over the last decade: Sky broadband = crap. Post office were good but didn't do fibre at my new property and my current BT package is good but as soon as Virgin get their all singing all dancing superfast greased weasle shit broadband in my area I'll be switching to them. Think I'm gonna have a loooooong wait though.
What’s your BT broadband like Bill ?

Jay said above that it ain’t much cop but I get the impression it depends on your location in which case I’m fucked.

I also heard that all the BB providers except Virgin cos it’s cabled , use BT lines anyway so they should maybe all be much of a muchness ?

Anyway when mine works my IPTV is great , far better to watch the sport on than Kodi which is fine unless your watching live events and it’s worth whatever the equivalent of $10 is for that alone .
There’s even a dedicated ppv section which , of course , you don’t pay extra for.

Also no contract . I can just renew as and when .

I’m even tempted to try plusnet BB tbh as it’s reasonably priced and comes out best on the reviews I’ve read though I can’t see it.

Either way TalkTalk can fuck off.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:32 am
JayK wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 am Never heard of IPTV but as far as broadband goes, I’m going virgin next. Decided to switch from BT coz it was a bit temperamental and so it was a toss up (not literally) between sky and virgin going by speed and price. Well fuck me, sky was supposed to be better than BT but it’s actually worse. This contract can’t run out soon enough for me.
Sky Internet was not TOO bad for me Jay but I got rid of it as I just couldn’t afford the overall package .
And that was withOUT the sports & movie channels.

I changed to TalkTalk as it is half the price of the Sky package and I can pretty much tailor exactly what Tv channels I want (a mixture of the usual free view -available channels and internet driven subscription channels such as Sky witness etc .

Trouble is their broadband is cack.

It stops & starts when it feels like , it just drops from devices as you walk around the house and when it is working it freezes and buffers like fuck.

TalkTalk’s customer service is appalling . They can’t give you an engineer visit to sort it out for at least 4 weeks and I can’t commit to a long term appointment (£40 charge by the way) as I never know what shift I’m on that far in advance.

My internet channels that I subscribe to haven’t worked since Xmas so I’m paying for a service that never works and they insist there’s no problem with their broadband and it’s something I’m doing wrong ffs

The only decent BB I ever had was Virgin which was faultless but I can’t get it where I live .

Anyway IPTV is a internet driven subscription service (there are many out there) that is excellent .
This is mine :

https://troypoint.com/durextv/

You just need a decent reliable BB connection.

And no tv licence as your vpn masks what you’re watching.
Sounds like a real pain in the arse for ya mate. Demand virgin visit the area soon, its your only hope.

Just looked at the link, durextv? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will look into IPTV, and a vpn. Thank you and good luck in your hunt for decent, cheap, reliable broadband my friend.
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:33 am
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 pm

What’s your BT broadband like Bill ?

Jay said above that it ain’t much cop but I get the impression it depends on your location in which case I’m fucked.

I also heard that all the BB providers except Virgin cos it’s cabled , use BT lines anyway so they should maybe all be much of a muchness ?

Anyway when mine works my IPTV is great , far better to watch the sport on than Kodi which is fine unless your watching live events and it’s worth whatever the equivalent of $10 is for that alone .
There’s even a dedicated ppv section which , of course , you don’t pay extra for.

Also no contract . I can just renew as and when .

I’m even tempted to try plusnet BB tbh as it’s reasonably priced and comes out best on the reviews I’ve read though I can’t see it.

Either way TalkTalk can fuck off.
I'm in a quite rural area and of all the providers available to me only BT could give me a fibre connection above 38meg. I get 50mb and in all honesty it's fine.

There are times, especially when my step daughters and their kids are here when we've got Netflix on downstairs, Amazon prime upstairs, my PC going, a Playstation (or two) connected, numerous phones logged in and usually an ipad or two on the go and Alexa blasting out music just for good measure. Oh and I forgot, we also have security cameras connected permanently as well - and I gotta be honest, my BT hub handles them all brilliantly and everything is wireless btw, I don't have a single thing plugged in to the hub.

The only thing I did is to put all my equipment on a private 5ghz network and let everyone else use the 2.4ghz.

I know from experience that my old Sky broadband would never in a million years have been able to cope with the load we'd put on it now and the Post Office hub may have struggled a bit. I guess it depends on how many devices you'll have trying to use your network but my advice is, if it's quite a lot then, much as I'm not a big BT fan, their hub is streets ahead of anyone else's... Well, unless you can get Branson and his 500mb malarkey.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I’ve got a four-slice toaster.