IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am Changing the subject a bit , does anybody else have problems streaming Amazon prime video through their VPN ?
I have the split tunnelling option applied to the app but sometimes I get a geo-location block type error message when the wife tries to watch it ...
I'm not a teccie but what is the advantage of split-tunnelling.? You say it is an option so, at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, can't you change the option when Mrs N wants to watch ? Probably a stupid question but, fuck it, I've asked it now. ;) I'm assuming it might be something that allows you to watch two different streams simultaneously on different tv's. But I'm probably wrong there as well.

I don't bother with a VPN these days tbh . Used to use IP vanish but no idea if that was split tunnelled or not.
Basically I have my VPN on at all times .

Not only because I don’t want my BB throttled by Sky BT or whoever else’s footy coverage I’m stealing , not just because I don’t want my BB provider to know that I’m an IPTV subscriber, they’ll fuck my BB speed up as I’m not purchasing their cable/satellite service.

More importantly my VPN encrypts every single bit of my internet data , (for example , your written home address that you might fill an online application form with will literally change from “10 high street” to “%*{\1}!g=k”.)

Literally nobody can see ANY of your online activity at all which of course protects all your personal data and prevents identity theft .

My VPN (as yours was capable of) is applied to every device we own that has access to the big bad web including mobile phones and is the reason our friend Numbers is able to keep reinventing himself in different guises as his VPN hides his IP address and we can’t tell it’s him until he starts spouting his stuff .

Some streaming services , in particular Prime Video and Netflix put blocks on IP addys that use VPN’s and split tunnelling is a setting that allows you to apply your VPN to continue protecting your activity yet allows access to these 2 apps through a “tunnel”.
Basically it creates a list of your applications and you untick the box next to those apps and you’re good to go leaving the rest of your online activity hidden.

Sometimes Amazon go to untold lengths , dunno how they do it , to block this tunnel so that I have to disable the vpn to watch Prime Video ( which , if it was down to me , we wouldn’t even have as , as you know , I can get all that stuff for free elsewhere anywhere).

Did I describe all that ok mate as I really can’t understand why anybody would not use a vpn ?
For the pennies it costs it’s a no brainer it really is.
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am Changing the subject a bit , does anybody else have problems streaming Amazon prime video through their VPN ?
I have the split tunnelling option applied to the app but sometimes I get a geo-location block type error message when the wife tries to watch it ...
Yeah same as mate..can't watch Prime with IP Vanish...side note can't watch The Apollo Group IPTV thing either, with it on...

Gonna have to ditch this Apollo I think...not working great today...loads of stuff works great..but the Sports channels seem to be
a prob now and again...

Gonna stick a few freebies on see what they're like...and hunt around for a paid one...loads of them out there...I'll try one for
a month..if crap I'll get Sportz back up..

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Yeah same as mate..can't watch Prime with IP Vanish...side note can't watch The Apollo Group IPTV thing either, with it on...

Ipvanish has a split tunnelling option to block Amazon’s blocks so to speak .
Have you tried that or is it just no good for Amazon ?

It should work on yours if you have ST enabled .

Or Amazon are getting a lot cleverer lol

Oh and btw I’ll refer you to the Sportz secret service when you do ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 am

I'm not a teccie but what is the advantage of split-tunnelling.? You say it is an option so, at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, can't you change the option when Mrs N wants to watch ? Probably a stupid question but, fuck it, I've asked it now. ;) I'm assuming it might be something that allows you to watch two different streams simultaneously on different tv's. But I'm probably wrong there as well.

I don't bother with a VPN these days tbh . Used to use IP vanish but no idea if that was split tunnelled or not.
Basically I have my VPN on at all times .

Not only because I don’t want my BB throttled by Sky BT or whoever else’s footy coverage I’m stealing , not just because I don’t want my BB provider to know that I’m an IPTV subscriber, they’ll fuck my BB speed up as I’m not purchasing their cable/satellite service.

More importantly my VPN encrypts every single bit of my internet data , (for example , your written home address that you might fill an online application form with will literally change from “10 high street” to “%*{\1}!g=k”.)

Literally nobody can see ANY of your online activity at all which of course protects all your personal data and prevents identity theft .

My VPN (as yours was capable of) is applied to every device we own that has access to the big bad web including mobile phones and is the reason our friend Numbers is able to keep reinventing himself in different guises as his VPN hides his IP address and we can’t tell it’s him until he starts spouting his stuff .

Some streaming services , in particular Prime Video and Netflix put blocks on IP addys that use VPN’s and split tunnelling is a setting that allows you to apply your VPN to continue protecting your activity yet allows access to these 2 apps through a “tunnel”.
Basically it creates a list of your applications and you untick the box next to those apps and you’re good to go leaving the rest of your online activity hidden.

Sometimes Amazon go to untold lengths , dunno how they do it , to block this tunnel so that I have to disable the vpn to watch Prime Video ( which , if it was down to me , we wouldn’t even have as , as you know , I can get all that stuff for free elsewhere anywhere).

Did I describe all that ok mate as I really can’t understand why anybody would not use a vpn ?
For the pennies it costs it’s a no brainer it really is.
Used to have a VPN but managed to forget to renew my subscription. Realised a little while back I'd been running without one for about 3 months. Haven't noticed any difference, better or worse, so couldn't be bothered to renew it. It's only peanuts for the subscription but I'm a tight cunt, at least according to Mrs W.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

An ad-free version of Cinema HD for anyone that’s interested ?

https://troypoint.com/ad-free-cinema-exclusive/
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 pm An ad-free version of Cinema HD for anyone that’s interested ?

https://troypoint.com/ad-free-cinema-exclusive/
I've used Cinema HD for all movie and t v show watching for ages and never seen an ad. I do have Blokada installed, which is totally free, and that stops any unwanted intrusions for any free standing apps like Cinema HD and also for any Kodi add ons.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Has anyone noticed any change in Cinema Hd lately ?

There was an update recently that I posted above , and it was really good , provided sometimes literally hundreds of quality RD and free links for movies AND tv probs .
But the last week or so I've noticed the amount of available links has shrunk to less than a dozen for the movies and sometimes only 2 or 3 for the tv series .

Whereas most of my kodi addons still perform really well albeit a little slow .

I guess it's just me but has anybody else noticed ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:10 am Has anyone noticed any change in Cinema Hd lately ?

There was an update recently that I posted above , and it was really good , provided sometimes literally hundreds of quality RD and free links for movies AND tv probs .
But the last week or so I've noticed the amount of available links has shrunk to less than a dozen for the movies and sometimes only 2 or 3 for the tv series .

Clear the cache. Tools -----> Settings and about the 6th or 7th one down is clear the cache.

If it's still playing up after that, then uninstall and reinstall making sure its version Cinema HD v2 (2.3.6.1). It's the version I'm using and it's fine apart from having to restart the firestick occasionally because the splash screen at the start get's stuck.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:42 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:10 am Has anyone noticed any change in Cinema Hd lately ?

Clear the cache. Tools -----> Settings and about the 6th or 7th one down is clear the cache.

If it's still playing up after that, then uninstall and reinstall making sure its version Cinema HD v2 (2.3.6.1). It's the version I'm using and it's fine apart from having to restart the firestick occasionally because the splash screen at the start get's stuck.
Cheers Bill . I already had that version anyway and I’d cleared the cache only the other night but I did it again anyway , just in case , and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app again .

It’s much much better by the look of things , especially the movies , hundreds of decent RD links , lots In 4K.

👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Hello all , is the Vola Sports app kaput again ?

I just get a blank screen and I’ve never been able to get a decent tube out of this app .
Bring back Jonathon !