IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Shortshanks

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:14 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Yep that’s what put me off Hyper . All JCM customers (ex Sportz tv).
Let me know if I can help 👍🏻
As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on. The quality of picture is perfect and there are very rarely any glitches in service, particularly if it's a Bein Sports stream and you don't mind listening to an Arabic commentary. ;)

I've never had to use IPTV but I know a lot of people have signed up for them. I'm not a teccie so would appreciate, preferably in idiot proof language, a bit of advice as to why you would recommend IPTV. It's a option I will certainly consider if LA Deportes should ever, as it probably will one day, disappear from the face of the earth.
"As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on" If you're interested you do not need Kodi to watch La Deportes. Just put kpfiretv.com into downloader and scroll down and download it as a standalone app.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:03 pm
:D I’m not a tecchie either tbh but it’s a rather keen hobby of mine now that I very rarely get to footy , get to go fishing and drinking doesn’t happen

There is a US based concern known as ACE ( dunno what it stands for) that trolls the internet worldwide in search of these mostly illegal services .
Thanks for taking the trouble to type that all out. In summary it seems that an IPTV service is as likely to get shut down as the various links. And you also mention buffering issues. They used to be an issue with links but seem less of a problem today. I had always assumed, wrongly it appears, that this wouldn’t happen with IPTV.

You’re paying £60 a month less than I give Virgin , although mine includes a high speed broadband service, so it’s a decent saving for you.

I can see a time in the near future, partly because of the way alternative viewing platforms are getting better prices will come down to USA type charges which are much more competitive.

The one thing I didn’t understand was why changing you IP would affect your wife’s streaming. I thought the IP was simply the address thru which your service came. But as I said i’m not a techie.

Thanks again.
We’ll simply put , every now and again , and it hasn’t happened yet with my new service(s) , a hugely over subscribed service will , on occasions, buffer during peak viewing time on big live events .

The yanks moan like fuck when viewing figures go through the roof on Super Bowl Sunday for example .

Of course we don’t get that as peak time during NFL Sundays is when I’m asleep :lol:

The nature of the internet itself , particularly for non Virgin customers , dictates that the odd blip every now and again is going to happen .

Iptv is 1000% better than Kodi . My Kodi build gave up the ghost completely yesterday . Won’t even open .

The reference to my Mrs was the melt down if and when a channel goes down at source for maintenance or similar .

They don’t understand that merely clicking on another source or merely changing the vpn server can solve that .

Until they get used to the modern world that is . As soon as they get to grips with the new layout and having to open an app to watch tv that is . Then their on Facebook boasting to their friends about “our new tv service” etc

Strange creatures women . They don’t like change.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 pm

As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on. The quality of picture is perfect and there are very rarely any glitches in service, particularly if it's a Bein Sports stream and you don't mind listening to an Arabic commentary. ;)

I've never had to use IPTV but I know a lot of people have signed up for them. I'm not a teccie so would appreciate, preferably in idiot proof language, a bit of advice as to why you would recommend IPTV. It's a option I will certainly consider if LA Deportes should ever, as it probably will one day, disappear from the face of the earth.
"As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on" If you're interested you do not need Kodi to watch La Deportes. Just put kpfiretv.com into downloader and scroll down and download it as a standalone app.
Didn’t know that. Thanks
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:25 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks for taking the trouble to type that all out. In summary it seems that an IPTV service is as likely to get shut down as the various links. And you also mention buffering issues. They used to be an issue with links but seem less of a problem today. I had always assumed, wrongly it appears, that this wouldn’t happen with IPTV.

You’re paying £60 a month less than I give Virgin , although mine includes a high speed broadband service, so it’s a decent saving for you.

I can see a time in the near future, partly because of the way alternative viewing platforms are getting better prices will come down to USA type charges which are much more competitive.

The one thing I didn’t understand was why changing you IP would affect your wife’s streaming. I thought the IP was simply the address thru which your service came. But as I said i’m not a techie.

Thanks again.
We’ll simply put , every now and again , and it hasn’t happened yet with my new service(s) , a hugely over subscribed service will , on occasions, buffer during peak viewing time on big live events .

The yanks moan like fuck when viewing figures go through the roof on Super Bowl Sunday for example .

Of course we don’t get that as peak time during NFL Sundays is when I’m asleep :lol:

The nature of the internet itself , particularly for non Virgin customers , dictates that the odd blip every now and again is going to happen .

Iptv is 1000% better than Kodi . My Kodi build gave up the ghost completely yesterday . Won’t even open .

The reference to my Mrs was the melt down if and when a channel goes down at source for maintenance or similar .

They don’t understand that merely clicking on another source or merely changing the vpn server can solve that .

Until they get used to the modern world that is . As soon as they get to grips with the new layout and having to open an app to watch tv that is . Then their on Facebook boasting to their friends about “our new tv service” etc

Strange creatures women . They don’t like change.
One non techie tip I would advise anyone is NOT to use Kodi builds. I’ve tried 2, both crap, imo better load reliable add ins you actually want.

And, touch wood, the add on I use now is free and provides me with a perfect picture in H D.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Thanks SS I’ll be investigating 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 am

Thanks SS I’ll be investigating 👍🏻
Here is another method that I used last week to re-install La Deportes

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-instal ... k-android/

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yep my Kodi build finally officially told me to fuck off the other day so I deleted it , downloaded the Kodi app and followed tutorials (as I’d never done it before) to add Venom and the Crew , my favourite add-ons .

Freeing up more than a whole Gb of space in the process .

I also downloaded the LA Deporte APK as well ( ta SS 😉) to see what the fuss was about .

Jury is still out though . Very good quality stream of the Palarse game but I did get kicked out of it a couple of times without warning , app just stopped.

Time will tell
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:29 am Yep my Kodi build finally officially told me to fuck off the other day so I deleted it , downloaded the Kodi app and followed tutorials (as I’d never done it before) to add Venom and the Crew , my favourite add-ons .

Freeing up more than a whole Gb of space in the process .

I also downloaded the LA Deporte APK as well ( ta SS 😉) to see what the fuss was about .

Jury is still out though . Very good quality stream of the Palarse game but I did get kicked out of it a couple of times without warning , app just stopped.

Time will tell
I've found it sometimes stops but you can click the stream and get straight back in plus there are other streams anyway. Worked perfect for the Manc/Liverpool game.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

My iptv service is doing a “ Halloween special” at the moment . 20,000 live tv channels plus many thousands of movies & tv series via 2 apps , £60 for a whole year.
If anybodys interested gis a shout . No more shitty streams for Moyesball :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:41 am My iptv service is doing a “ Halloween special” at the moment . 20,000 live tv channels plus many thousands of movies & tv series via 2 apps , £60 for a whole year.
If anybodys interested gis a shout . No more shitty streams for Moyesball :lol:
Sadly at this moment in time Tim, shitty streams might be a bonus? ;)