Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:09 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:21 pm Hasn’t this always been how the world operates?
It's the escalation, before the great covid overreaction the government, or any public sector organisations had to comply with very strict procurement rules that dictate that there is fair competition for any (usually over 100k) contracts. That has been tossed to the wind and mates of Boris and co have just been gifted multi million pound contracts with no scrutiny, there has been millions of pounds worth of PPE that can't be used by the NHS as it doesn't meet the required standards.

You only need to spend a bit of time looking at the corporations who have benefited most, granted they were big before, but now like Amazon, they are so big it doesn't bare thinking about and then look at the organisations they are members of and who attends the yearly get together in Davos to see who is cleaning up at the expense of small and medium sized businesses.

Can't remember now where I saw the article, that one of the big supermarket chains is going to open hair salons in store, funny how the small privately run businessess have been fucked over and the supermarkets will clean up yet again.
With regards the last bit, hairdressers been in supermarkets for years now. Obviously not in all of them but the ones big enough to have them. But they have also been closed
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 pm

It's the escalation, before the great covid overreaction the government, or any public sector organisations had to comply with very strict procurement rules that dictate that there is fair competition for any (usually over 100k) contracts. That has been tossed to the wind and mates of Boris and co have just been gifted multi million pound contracts with no scrutiny, there has been millions of pounds worth of PPE that can't be used by the NHS as it doesn't meet the required standards.

You only need to spend a bit of time looking at the corporations who have benefited most, granted they were big before, but now like Amazon, they are so big it doesn't bare thinking about and then look at the organisations they are members of and who attends the yearly get together in Davos to see who is cleaning up at the expense of small and medium sized businesses.

Can't remember now where I saw the article, that one of the big supermarket chains is going to open hair salons in store, funny how the small privately run businessess have been fucked over and the supermarkets will clean up yet again.
With regards the last bit, hairdressers been in supermarkets for years now. Obviously not in all of them but the ones big enough to have them. But they have also been closed
They will exist when the others don't though
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Anything on the rest?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Which figures?

Deaths or pointless total cases?
Cases.

I know what you are going to say and I will agree with you too.It`s only the elderly and vulnerable that die.

It`s just a question on how the government will act?

Another question,even though the economy has suffered big time,do you think the rich are making a mint out of the pandemic?
But the "elderly and vulnerable" will have had their jabs will they not ? And if they work where's the problem.? If they don't work then basically we're all fucked because we can't keep shutting everything down simply because a few (relatively speaking) people are falling off their perches.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 am

Cases.

I know what you are going to say and I will agree with you too.It`s only the elderly and vulnerable that die.

It`s just a question on how the government will act?

Another question,even though the economy has suffered big time,do you think the rich are making a mint out of the pandemic?
But the "elderly and vulnerable" will have had their jabs will they not ? And if they work where's the problem.? If they don't work then basically we're all fucked because we can't keep shutting everything down simply because a few (relatively speaking) people are falling off their perches.
I am not disagreeing, I am just saying mate.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 pm

They will exist when the others don't though
Maybe. They still gotta pay the supermarkets for the concession. Mobile phone companies have tried this but don’t really seem to be financially viable. More a brand image. Can hairdressers afford to do this?
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Anything on the rest?
Honestly, no. I can’t be arsed to debate the whole corona thing anymore
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:21 pm Hasn’t this always been how the world operates?

Gosh !!! Wished I was in the fucking swindle.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

palerider

Post by palerider »

I had my 2nd jab this morning. Already feeling a bit crook as our convict friends from down under would say.

Throat like sandpaper, sweats.....watching daytime tv not helping.

All these ads for cheap cremations and funeral plans. Fucking vultures.

I don't want my kids to save money. I want a decent send off in true East End style. Horses with claret and blue plumes, most expensive hearse they can find. My mortal remains in the back in a gold coffin with a claret and blue wreath spelling CUNT.

Whatever's left they can buy some cheap bling.