Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:51 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:24 am This is good: the WHO recommended a new set of names for the coronavirus “variants of concern”. These are the four you need to know:

Alpha - UK/Kent (B.1.1.7)
Beta - South Africa (B.1.351)
Gamma - Brazil (P.1)
Delta - India (B.1.617.2)

first off, anybody wondering what it's got to do with Daltrey/Townsend, it's not them. It's the health organisation,who are important peeps by the way.

And these names are derived from the Greek alphabet. It could have been worse, as initially they were going to go with names of Greek gods. Thor,Zeus and other favourites but some of those are under copywrite to Disney corp.

What's the reception been like we wonder. The media love this type of stuff to play about with, because it's-good-to-be-square.

But can you really have Alpha without Bravo, Beta without VHS, Gamma without Ray and Delta without SAS. Already it becomes more confusing and this is just the start. You just wait once they have got past Epsilon,Kappa,Sigma and Omega...then you are into your Chi's,Iota's and Omicron's.

and people sometimes wonder why brainstorms usually end in a fuck up...
Probably sums us very nicely how relevant the World Health Organisation is in today' world if all they have to occupy their minds is giving names to a killer plague that never was.

It has never done what it said on the tin and those people who invested fortunes in plague pits for rent are seriously out of pocket. Questions need to be asked and people held to account. ;)
I don't think we can describe the coronavirus pandemic as a 'killer plague' that never was. It has killed millions and ruined lives and disrupted the world economy far more extensively than has been recognised. The affect isn't over and nor are the consequences.

For some people the affect might have been experienced in a tiny way, but even this tinyness has some negative impacts. We could agree that the hysterical pants-on-fire news coverage has proved downright unhelpful and immature. However an audience that laps it up are just as guilty.

It's not over til it's over and unfortunately...it's not over

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:38 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:51 am

Probably sums us very nicely how relevant the World Health Organisation is in today' world if all they have to occupy their minds is giving names to a killer plague that never was.

It has never done what it said on the tin and those people who invested fortunes in plague pits for rent are seriously out of pocket. Questions need to be asked and people held to account. ;)
I don't think we can describe the coronavirus pandemic as a 'killer plague' that never was. It has killed millions and ruined lives and disrupted the world economy far more extensively than has been recognised. The affect isn't over and nor are the consequences.

For some people the affect might have been experienced in a tiny way, but even this tinyness has some negative impacts. We could agree that the hysterical pants-on-fire news coverage has proved downright unhelpful and immature. However an audience that laps it up are just as guilty.

Not wanting to recycle old arguments but, yes, it has killed people. So have lots of other diseases. But it has been selective in choosing it's victims. And with the benefit of hindsight, the most wonderful decision making tool known to man, a great many of those initial deaths, specifically in care homes, could have been avoided.

And, as you say, it has caused havoc to all economies throughout the world. And I think, in time, some historians will possibly argue that it was misguided policy to cripple economies and delay many hospital procedures for non Covid disease, in order to protect the "economically inactive", to quote the Kansas senator.

And it will probably never be truly over. We will have to learn to live with it as we have learned to live with other, once lethal, viruses.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:32 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:38 pm

Not wanting to recycle old arguments but, yes, it has killed people. So have lots of other diseases. But it has been selective in choosing it's victims. And with the benefit of hindsight, the most wonderful decision making tool known to man, a great many of those initial deaths, specifically in care homes, could have been avoided.

And, as you say, it has caused havoc to all economies throughout the world. And I think, in time, some historians will possibly argue that it was misguided policy to cripple economies and delay many hospital procedures for non Covid disease, in order to protect the "economically inactive", to quote the Kansas senator.

And it will probably never be truly over. We will have to learn to live with it as we have learned to live with other, once lethal, viruses.
The Kansas senator was basically suggesting out of 3.5 million deaths, basically 3 million were in the old codger age group and chose to describe them as 'economically inactive' although that description loose as it was, could cover the thousands of loafers that also passed.

His point of comparison, apples with apples was the 1918 flu pandemic which killed an estimated 50 million out of 500 million cases.

So what he was saying, it's not that bad when you investigate under the surface and those who die, no longer have the value that they once did, or in some cases never had. No heros in his book

You can see why his wife can't take him anywhere...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Was in supermarket Earlier,really busy...bit of congestion fruit and veg aisle...My hand brushed against some bloke...
Fuckin hell.....thought he was gonna stab me in the brain thru the eye with his Cucumber,like a scene from the Walking Dead..
Don't think my..."Take it easy Bro,I'm fully jabbed up"...helped things along.... :lol:

As you lot know I'm up for masks and precautions till this thing has fucked off...but that did crack me up,some funny dudes
around....

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 pm Was in supermarket Earlier,really busy...bit of congestion fruit and veg aisle...My hand brushed against some bloke...
Fuckin hell.....thought he was gonna stab me in the brain thru the eye with his Cucumber,like a scene from the Walking Dead..
Don't think my..."Take it easy Bro,I'm fully jabbed up"...helped things along.... :lol:

As you lot know I'm up for masks and precautions till this thing has fucked off...but that did crack me up,some funny dudes
around....
:lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:32 pm

The Kansas senator was basically suggesting out of 3.5 million deaths, basically 3 million were in the old codger age group and chose to describe them as 'economically inactive' although that description loose as it was, could cover the thousands of loafers that also passed.

His point of comparison, apples with apples was the 1918 flu pandemic which killed an estimated 50 million out of 500 million cases.

So what he was saying, it's not that bad when you investigate under the surface and those who die, no longer have the value that they once did, or in some cases never had. No heros in his book

You can see why his wife can't take him anywhere...
But the "Grand Ol' Party" loves him apparently. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Unfortunately 4 British Airways pilots have all died in the same week, not one single report from the MSM.

Perfectly normal.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:42 am Unfortunately 4 British Airways pilots have all died in the same week, not one single report from the MSM.

Perfectly normal.
Did they die from Covid?
Bring back Jonathon !

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:57 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:42 am Unfortunately 4 British Airways pilots have all died in the same week, not one single report from the MSM.

Perfectly normal.
Did they die from Covid?
Who knows, being kept super hush hush
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 pm Was in supermarket Earlier,really busy...bit of congestion fruit and veg aisle...My hand brushed against some bloke...

around....
I swear to God it wasn't me mate. :?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.