Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:46 am
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:36 am Over 3000 dying a day in India. True figures once the remote regions are counted could be 10 times that.

For a country that can afford nuclear weapons.

Fucking shocking and brings home the reality of not preparing, not cancelling religious and political mass gatherings but the most disgusting thing for me is IPL cricket matches still going on a hundred yards from people dead on the streets.

It makes Project Restart seem the height of integrity.

Was watching the Mars mission thing...they have a toaster like thing creating Oxygen on mars ,when on earth there's
thousands of us dying from lack of it...fucking crazy world when you break it down sometimes...
Speaking of which India has space program as well..

India has a whole set of different problems to us..near on impossible to put in lock downs as we are able to...
But the disregard and complacency ,lack of understanding of Covid by officialdom there is disgraceful,they were always
gonna get it bad...but not like this...fucking heartbreaking.

UKs beating this like I always thought we would...BUT we still have to be fuckin careful,we mustn't forget its still
knocking around...
Have an enjoyable beer,absolutely ...but mask up when poss...wash hands and all the other stuff...
Is it lack of understanding or just not giving a fuck about the poor? I would edge towards the latter tbh mate
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:51 am

Was watching the Mars mission thing...they have a toaster like thing creating Oxygen on mars ,when on earth there's
thousands of us dying from lack of it...fucking crazy world when you break it down sometimes...

India has a whole set of different problems to us..near on impossible to put in lock downs as we are able to...
But the disregard and complacency ,lack of understanding of Covid by officialdom there is disgraceful,they were always

UKs beating this like I always thought we would...BUT we still have to be fuckin careful,we mustn't forget its still
knocking around...
Have an enjoyable beer,absolutely ...but mask up when poss...wash hands and all the other stuff...
Is it lack of understanding or just not giving a fuck about the poor? I would edge towards the latter tbh mate
India has abysmal records in lots of stuff mate...truly abysmal...but in this case personal think it was the lack of
understanding..etc.

Shame cos beautiful country with beautiful people...

palerider

Post by palerider »

knocking around...
Definitely.

They locked down quickly with success last March / April.

But like us their economy suffered and they needed to get things moving again, and who does all the work over there ?

The poor.

But they could still have banned all political, religious and sporting gatherings.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:04 pm

India has abysmal records in lots of stuff mate...truly abysmal...but in this case personal think it was the lack of
understanding..etc.

Shame cos beautiful country with beautiful people...
If it was a new thing I’d understand the lack of understanding, but it’s been around prob 18 months now. If those intelligent people at the top of the spectrum in India don’t understand it by now considering you and I do, I wonder how they ever got there in the 1st place.

I’m all for giving benefit of the doubt towards some things but I see this more a black and white situation (not a racial thing :lol: ) where like Pale said, it’s the economy they’re more bothered about.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:07 pm

Definitely.

But like us their economy suffered and they needed to get things moving again, and who does all the work over there ?

The poor.

But they could still have banned all political, religious and sporting gatherings.
Absolutely mate. All about the economy and not giving a fuck about the minions
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Definitely.

The poor.

On average 27,000 people die a day in India, got a lot more than the kungflu to worry about.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 pm

On average 27,000 people die a day in India, got a lot more than the kungflu to worry about.
Any government would be stupid to put all their eggs in 1 basket.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Definitely.

The poor.

They made the error of believing they had reached peak herd immunity. Because 50% of their population are under 26 it was assummed that a lot of infections were simply asymptomatic. This led to the wrong conclusion that the Indian people possessed a genetic strength that offered unique protection.

Once this was widely accepted and people relaxed around each other then things went very bad and very fast.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:56 pm

Definitely.

The poor.

They made the error of believing they had reached peak herd immunity. Because 50% of their population are under 26 it was assummed that a lot of infections were simply asymptomatic. This led to the wrong conclusion that the Indian people possessed a genetic strength that offered unique protection.

Once this was widely accepted and people relaxed around each other then things went very bad and very fast.
How do you know this?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:14 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:56 pm

How do you know this?
It was reported in March from various publications. News and Sciences. Two articles published yesterday basically repeating the old news.
New York Times had a big investigative scoop in March. Quite an interesting story