Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

Expecting a lockdown statement this afternoon. Why? Coz people can’t take the pandemic seriously. Also coincides with schools reopening and all those people’s offspring being ready made germ carriers
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Christ the PM is having an absolute blinder. He can hardly talk, all stuttering and hair ruffling with nervous piggy eyes. This bumbling jester persona really does him no favours in this situation. It's not an audience of drunk business people invited for a freebee.

Don't they attend courses on how to present in public. It's all fidget, silly smile, daft metaphors. No substance, no intelligence and no confidence.

He's useless at all aspects of doing this job. 3/10

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Thought you guys would be on the Governments side here.....most of you don't wanna lockdown...Boris and co are doing
everything poss to avoid one..yet your against them...
My friend, I am a Conservative. I even stood for the local council years ago. I'm on first name terms with our local MP, Grant Shapps. I'm not saying that for effect or to try and impress because it fucking well shouldn't, but simply to state clearly where I stand politically.

But the thought of being on the side of this bumbling, hapless, oaf of a Prime Minister is something I cannot possibly countenance. The country is going to hell in a handcart because he, and the lackeys in his cabinet (I excuse Sunak who I hope to see installed as the next Tory leader when, as it surely soon will, the party revolts) are being led by the nose by the scientific community who have demonstrated time and again with their flawed projections they are not fit for purpose.

It was the scirntists who were largely instrumental in the provision of the "Nightingae" hospitals. Are they full ? It was the scientists, no doubt, who told the government we need to spend millions on ventilators, tens of thousands of which are unused which suggests, does it not, that most people can recover from this thing without them. And also that there are enough already in use to cater and care for those who do need them.

Can you imagine Thatcher putting up with the crap the scientific advisers are feeding the government ? Of course not. She would have LED. Not allowed herself to be pulled by the nose in whatever current direction the latest graph from the various scientific think tanks think we should go in.

And quite apart from the damage lockdowns, out of lockdown, and back in again are doing to the economy and our children and grandchildren's futures the emphasis on this virus has allowed us to sleepwalk into full exit from the EU without any agreement yet being in place. And don't you think that is causing business even more worries than they are currently facing ? I am retired now but I still have many friends in the business community and most of them are worried shitless by what they see as the utter ineptitude of the party they have traditionally looked to as their ally.

The tragedy for all of us is that there is no alternative to this mob with sufficient talent in it's ranks to pull us out of the fucking great hole inot which we are rapidly descending.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 am
Thought you guys would be on the Governments side here.....most of you don't wanna lockdown...Boris and co are doing
My friend, I am a Conservative. I even stood for the local council years ago. I'm on first name terms with our local MP, Grant Shapps. I'm not saying that for effect or to try and impress because it fucking well shouldn't, but simply to state clearly where I stand politically.

But the thought of being on the side of this bumbling, hapless, oaf of a Prime Minister is something I cannot possibly countenance. The country is going to hell in a handcart because he, and the lackeys in his cabinet (I excuse Sunak who I hope to see installed as the next Tory leader when, as it surely soon will, the party revolts) are being led by the nose by the scientific community who have demonstrated time and again with their flawed projections they are not fit for purpose.

It was the scirntists who were largely instrumental in the provision of the "Nightingae" hospitals. Are they full ? It was the scientists, no doubt, who told the government we need to spend millions on ventilators, tens of thousands of which are unused which suggests, does it not, that most people can recover from this thing without them. And also that there are enough already in use to cater and care for those who do need them.

Can you imagine Thatcher putting up with the crap the scientific advisers are feeding the government ? Of course not. She would have LED. Not allowed herself to be pulled by the nose in whatever current direction the latest graph from the various scientific think tanks think we should go in.

And quite apart from the damage lockdowns, out of lockdown, and back in again are doing to the economy and our children and grandchildren's futures the emphasis on this virus has allowed us to sleepwalk into full exit from the EU without any agreement yet being in place. And don't you think that is causing business even more worries than they are currently facing ? I am retired now but I still have many friends in the business community and most of them are worried shitless by what they see as the utter ineptitude of the party they have traditionally looked to as their ally.

The tragedy for all of us is that there is no alternative to this mob with sufficient talent in it's ranks to pull us out of the fucking great hole inot which we are rapidly descending.
goodpost:)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Caboose wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:33 am

Ditto.

I didn't personally like Thatcher,but one thing she had,was a backbone.Like Whiskyman said,it`s not just Coivid,it`s the EU stuff too.That could be even a bigger worry for the country,than Coronavirus,not having a deal on January 1st 2021.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Hi Mate..

Sorry just can't see how we can blame this Government for the present times.and their handling of it,when the whole world
and I mean the Whole World...is going thru the same thing and pretty much handling things the same way...
Like said before if we were noticeably doing worse than anywhere else...the sceptics like yourself and others on here and
elsewhere,would have a case, an argument...just not getting the angle at moment...
I get the Political gain thing...and some of the crap I'm hearing from that is Bloody embarrassing ...hope to fuck
some of these people never get into office...if you use political gain,at least make it halfway valid,not gobbledegook..

I think we disagree a fair bit on this....Stats/Scientific Approach/Economy/Boris and Co...
Hard to sum it up,in a few sentences..hence my long posts at times.... :lol: ..
The In and out of Lockdown has allowed the Economy to generate something,maybe just enabling us to Lockdown again
and extend the Furlough which to me is F.in Amazing how we can do that...
I'll use me as an example....in between Lockdowns I've been to Lake District twice was gonna go next weekend again,
London 3 times...Brighton a few Times..Cornwall....We've spent a fair bit and put that into the Economy...
So would have thought you would agree we can't stay in a lockdown...but when it Spikes as it is, we have no choice,
there just isnt one...shut up shop a bit or it spreads faster,maybe out of control...when the really sick can't get
into hospital...thats when the shit really hits the fan.
What this thing does, dictates what we do and we don't know what it's gonna do....take a look at world stats,we've a bloody
long way to go yet.

I just can't imagine being in Johnsons boots at the moment,would love to be PM...wouldn't do it for all the money in
the world at moment.

But on the whole ..Happy is the wrong word ,but I'm OK with the way we are handling it..

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
Caboose wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:33 am

Ditto.

I didn't personally like Thatcher,but one thing she had,was a backbone.Like Whiskyman said,it`s not just Coivid,it`s the EU stuff too.That could be even a bigger worry for the country,than Coronavirus,not having a deal on January 1st 2021.
It’s different times now though too many Politicians and people ticking boxes and afraid of putting their fucking foot down in fear of offending our population of fucking wimps.
As for the Nightingales surely all seriously ill patients should be admitted straight away to them otherwise was the fucking point of them.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

All of this is predicated on the interpretation of the fabled and mythical R number. One equals good, greater than one not so good.

Imagine if the whole calculation relied on a complicated formula in an Excel spreadsheet...and that formula was a teensy bit wong (based on a Chinese calculation)...how funny would that be

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am

Hi Mate..

Sorry just can't see how we can blame this Government for the present times.and their handling of it,when the whole world
and I mean the Whole World...is going thru the same thing and pretty much handling things the same way...
Like said before if we were noticeably doing worse than anywhere else...the sceptics like yourself and others on here and
elsewhere,would have a case, an argument...just not getting the angle at moment...
I get the Political gain thing...and some of the crap I'm hearing from that is Bloody embarrassing ...hope to fuck
some of these people never get into office...if you use political gain,at least make it halfway valid,not gobbledegook..

I think we disagree a fair bit on this....Stats/Scientific Approach/Economy/Boris and Co...
The In and out of Lockdown has allowed the Economy to generate something,maybe just enabling us to Lockdown again
I'll use me as an example....in between Lockdowns I've been to Lake District twice was gonna go next weekend again,
London 3 times...Brighton a few Times..Cornwall....We've spent a fair bit and put that into the Economy...
So would have thought you would agree we can't stay in a lockdown...but when it Spikes as it is, we have no choice,
there just isnt one...shut up shop a bit or it spreads faster,maybe out of control...when the really sick can't get
What this thing does, dictates what we do and we don't know what it's gonna do....take a look at world stats,we've a bloody
long way to go yet.

I just can't imagine being in Johnsons boots at the moment,would love to be PM...wouldn't do it for all the money in
the world at moment.

But on the whole ..Happy is the wrong word ,but I'm OK with the way we are handling it..
As said previously I couldn't care less how the rest of the world is handling or not handling it. I am only concerned that my kids and then my grandchildren, are left with some sort of future after this shitfest. Governments the world over are like fucking sheep. They follow each other to the slaughterhouse.

As you say we disagree fundamentally on this. I believe the only statistic that actually matters is the one that reads "DEATHS CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE VIRUS". People get sick, they don't usually die. But in winter, every winter, older people drop off their perches at a faster rate than in the summer. That has been the case since time began hasn't it? And it will be the same again this year. But how many deaths can honestly be attributed to Covid and Covid alone ?

I take your point about the really sick not getting into hospital but, hey, with all those unused ventilators sitting in warehouses doesn't that suggest a lot of people are not getting "really sick" ? Is it necessary to admit someone with the virus to hospital just because they have it ? Mrs Ws friend is a GP and she has told her that in Mid Herts (our area) 90% of Covid admissions were non critical. Make of that what you will.

And if no vaccine is discovered what do we do ? Carry on into and out of lockdowns like some demented cunt doing the Hokey Cokey in the local working man's club ? Or do we give the "herd immunity" theory a chance and see if that works.?

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I honestly believe people the world over are being totally misled about this thing. And the sad thing is us fuckers are gullible enough to believe the propaganda we're being fed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:50 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am

Hi Mate..

long way to go yet.

the world at moment.

As said previously I couldn't care less how the rest of the world is handling or not handling it. I am only concerned that my kids and then my grandchildren, are left with some sort of future after this shitfest. Governments the world over are like fucking sheep. They follow each other to the slaughterhouse.

As you say we disagree fundamentally on this. I believe the only statistic that actually matters is the one that reads "DEATHS CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE VIRUS". People get sick, they don't usually die. But in winter, every winter, older people drop off their perches at a faster rate than in the summer. That has been the case since time began hasn't it? And it will be the same again this year. But how many deaths can honestly be attributed to Covid and Covid alone ?

I take your point about the really sick not getting into hospital but, hey, with all those unused ventilators sitting in warehouses doesn't that suggest a lot of people are not getting "really sick" ? Is it necessary to admit someone with the virus to hospital just because they have it ? Mrs Ws friend is a GP and she has told her that in Mid Herts (our area) 90% of Covid admissions were non critical. Make of that what you will.

And if no vaccine is discovered what do we do ? Carry on into and out of lockdowns like some demented cunt doing the Hokey Cokey in the local working man's club ? Or do we give the "herd immunity" theory a chance and see if that works.?

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I honestly believe people the world over are being totally misled about this thing. And the sad thing is us fuckers are gullible enough to believe the propaganda we're being fed.
Week or so ago I'm not gonna look.. in one of the exchanges..think it was you mate,could have been someone else,
said we're getting up to 2/3 mill cases a week thats now nearing 4Mill and rising rapidly....it's only getting started in
some parts of the world...pretty much in line with the rising cases here...Sorry you just can't pull up a drawbridge and fuck the
rest of the world off...we have to live and learn ,share shit..poss antidotes/Vaccines info etc.
I've got friends in other parts of the world..I worry about them same as I do my friends and Family here.

When this started off shared lots of opinions with you guys...but it's spreading and evolving way beyond what I thought poss,
I thought Europe the States etc would have it more or less contained and we could use our Tech and what we had
learnt to help the 3rd world poorer countries out...but it's gonna run loose in those countries before we can help.
At this very moment I see no end to it...I don't do Scaremongering,Negativity shit..never have done can't stand it...
just trying to be realistic and seeing whats happening.

The excess ventilators etc mate is called being prepared for the worst scenario,which any decent Government would do.
Theres Cases coming to the fore now of people getting reinfected within months of recovery...makes the herd thing a bit
dodgy reckon.

I have no concept or understanding why any Government...especially our present one would big this up and try and
scare the crap out of us with it...makes absolutely no sense.......Boris and Co are going against all their principles...
Paying people to stay at home and not work,not contribute,not paying taxes,not keeping the Economy moving,so we
have to borrow shitloads...along with every country in the world I'll add.

Mate this thing is hurting and killing people....prob 10% of elderly that get it ,maybe under 1% of those younger..
That is still a fucking lot of us...

If anyone has an answer to how we handle this...........Answers on a postcard...10 Downing St....Cos fucked if I know.