Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:44 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:29 pm

You’re fucked mate……and without the Chinese too….shocking.

I know quite a few people that have had this one and only 1 claimed to be super rough with it so I fancy your chances
The only thing I’m truly pissed off about is the money I’ll lose from not being at work
No sick pay? Can at least claim statutory sick pay from the government unless that’s changed since I last had to do it
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:52 pm

The only thing I’m truly pissed off about is the money I’ll lose from not being at work
No sick pay? Can at least claim statutory sick pay from the government unless that’s changed since I last had to do it
SSP is about £30 a day , apart from the first 3 days which is fuck all .
So basically about £60 a week .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:23 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:52 pm

SSP is about £30 a day , apart from the first 3 days which is fuck all .
So basically about £60 a week .
Well that’s fuckin wank mate, sorry
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:29 pm

You’re fucked mate……and without the Chinese too….shocking.

I know quite a few people that have had this one and only 1 claimed to be super rough with it so I fancy your chances
If you’ve got the plague and have to shut yourself away in a lead lined vault or something surely there is financial support ? If there isn’t there bloody well should be. After all it’s not your choice to miss work, is it ? Excuse my ignorance but being retired I haven’t got a handle on the rules. But when my youngest got it and couldn’t work because he had to drop out of the human race for 14 days (he’s self employed) he was eligible for compensation. Not as much as he would have earned of course but at least he got something.

My recommendation is crack open a bottle of Scotland’s finest product and enjoy. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:10 pm

If you’ve got the plague and have to shut yourself away in a lead lined vault or something surely there is financial support ? If there isn’t there bloody well should be. After all it’s not your choice to miss work, is it ? Excuse my ignorance but being retired I haven’t got a handle on the rules. But when my youngest got it and couldn’t work because he had to drop out of the human race for 14 days (he’s self employed) he was eligible for compensation. Not as much as he would have earned of course but at least he got something.

My recommendation is crack open a bottle of Scotland’s finest product and enjoy. ;)
I’ll look into it thanks mate 👍🏻

Does Lorraine Kelly come bottled then ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Get better soon Tim.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The wife and boy have just tested positive via LFT .

Hip hip … :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:47 am The wife and boy have just tested positive via LFT .

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told BBC Breakfast that in time people with Covid should be allowed to "go about their normal lives" as they would with a common cold.

That suggests people could ignore test results and carry on regardless. Which is funny because why take a test - which is most unpleasant anyway - if you feel OK and are going to ignore the outcome. And most people would ignore the outcome, if the choice was pub or stay in doors.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:06 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:47 am The wife and boy have just tested positive via LFT .

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told BBC Breakfast that in time people with Covid should be allowed to "go about their normal lives" as they would with a common cold.

That suggests people could ignore test results and carry on regardless. Which is funny because why take a test - which is most unpleasant anyway - if you feel OK and are going to ignore the outcome. And most people would ignore the outcome, if the choice was pub or stay in doors.
If you feel like I feel then trust me , you wouldn’t feel like going to the pub .

However I get your point and don’t disagree .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:06 am

If you feel like I feel then trust me , you wouldn’t feel like going to the pub .

However I get your point and don’t disagree .
Tim,some people feel fine on it..When I had it,I didn't feel 100%,but I had no problems doing every day things.