Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:38 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:57 pm 264 fucking pages of this now and yes, I posted amongst the first. But it's about time it stopped.

I've had 2 jabs. I feel as safe as I'm going to get.

We have to learn to live with it otherwise what's the point.
Quite.

I don’t go drinking and I rarely eat out , I’ve always lived in my own little bubble with my boy and Mrs and I’ve worked all the way through it . I was never going to catch it and if I did it might’ve been like a bad cold .

It’s never really affected me tbh , I’ve worn masks when I have to but not through fear of my life but to keep other people happy .

But I do sympathise with those who have lost loved ones .

But it’s been a shitshow all the way through it .

On the plus side nobody died of flu eh ?
I'll wear a mask if I'm on a crowded train or bus but not living in London it's unlikely to affect me anyway. Other than that I'll take my chances. But it seems the prophets of doom in SAGE are gunning for a September lockdown now. And BJ is 'guided by the science' the weak fat cunt.

A month ago I met another poster on this site for a beer in his local. We didn't wear masks at all even walking around in there because the guvnor had got pissed off with it all. And that's what will happen.

Those two idiots that accosted Chris Whitty in the park ?

IF Johnson does indeed grovel at their feet again you ain't seen nothing yet. People have had enough.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:26 am
Gandalf wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:07 pm

Ok, let me try a slightly different approach. I will answer my question on your behalf, and you tell me if I'm right or not.

My question to you was:
"I'm wondering, this theory of yours about the government controlling us, does it apply to the UK only, or is this a world wide thing?"

So, I think you believe the governmental control that is coming is a world wide thing, not just a UK thing. Correct?
You have asked me a question that I am not really sure on the answer. If you look at what is going on in the vast majority of the developed and western world, those in charge appear to be all using the same play book, with their wholely unproportionate response to a novel cold virus. The vast part of that response is to remove civil liberties and put in place laws/legislation that in this country are completely at odds with common law. This continues with the removal of the people's ability to protest and free speech, all being pushed through without any real scrutiny, whilst hiding behind a pandemic that only meets 1 criteria; the virus has crossed borders.

Pretty sure that you will dismiss my view and call me David Icke, or something similar, but the truth of the matter is all of this has happened and is happening now. I fear for where it's going to end up.

If you want to take the time, this is a well written article, might make you think and question, might not.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/cov ... verything/
Ok, I read that article. And I must say I'm not really sure why you asked me to read that. It doesn't really relate to the question I asked you. I asked you about the control that you allege the government wants place on the population, while that article is about the virus itself.
I do understand that the two subjects are related as they are both part of the bigger picture. But they are two distinct parts of the bigger picture. Reading your comments I don't think you are suggesting that the virus was create with a view to controlling the population. Therefore I would assume, in your view, the virus came first and the government seized the opportunity to use it for their own ends. Correct?

I still want to come back to my original point, but for now let's go with that article.

That article starts off by saying "ASKING questions is at the heart of science. Science is not an institution and not an authority. Science is never settled".
I agree with this. Whatever our understanding is today, we may have a better understanding tomorrow.

The article then goes on to say "The US Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organisation and ‘experts’ have flip-flopped multiple times".
That quote has a very negative tone to it but is basically saying the same thing. Our understandings change. So the article is contradicting itself.

The article quotes Anthony Fauci: ‘In all the history of respiratory-born viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. The driver of outbreaks is always a symptomatic person.’
But that quote was from February 2020. The article is making it clear that science and knowledge changes, and then quotes an Anthony Fauci comment from nearly a year-and-a-half ago, the early days of this pandemic, in what is a fast-changing situation.

The article also quotes Professor John Ioannidis of Stanford University to back up the claims that the measures being taken are not working and unnecessary.
Yet Ioannidis himself has been criticised by various people for saying these things, including his own colleague and co-director at Stanford, Steven Goodman who is a professor of epidemiology and population health and of medicine.

So why do you choose to believe one professor and not another, one article and not another, one body of evidence and not another? It's my view that you have already formed your view and then will cherry-pick the information needed to back up that predetermined view.

The article is titled 'Covid – start at the beginning and question everything'.

Question everything. I would whole-heartedly agree with that. But would you?
You will say you will, and you will think you will. But will you really? Will you question that article? Will you ever question your own views?
I don't think you will as I get the feeling your views are set in stone.

Earlier in this post I said "I would assume, in your view, the virus came first and the government seized the opportunity to use it for their own ends. Correct?"
So please tell me, was I right in this assumption?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:57 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:38 pm

Quite.

I don’t go drinking and I rarely eat out , I’ve always lived in my own little bubble with my boy and Mrs and I’ve worked all the way through it . I was never going to catch it and if I did it might’ve been like a bad cold .

It’s never really affected me tbh , I’ve worn masks when I have to but not through fear of my life but to keep other people happy .

But I do sympathise with those who have lost loved ones .

But it’s been a shitshow all the way through it .

On the plus side nobody died of flu eh ?
I'll wear a mask if I'm on a crowded train or bus but not living in London it's unlikely to affect me anyway. Other than that I'll take my chances. But it seems the prophets of doom in SAGE are gunning for a September lockdown now. And BJ is 'guided by the science' the weak fat cunt.

A month ago I met another poster on this site for a beer in his local. We didn't wear masks at all even walking around in there because the guvnor had got pissed off with it all. And that's what will happen.

Those two idiots that accosted Chris Whitty in the park ?

IF Johnson does indeed grovel at their feet again you ain't seen nothing yet. People have had enough.
As you point out, the PM or 'spaffer' as some of the lads refer to him as, has decided to put symbolism ahead of science. A position which he regards as making him most popular.

The problem now, is that the current liberties and freedoms enjoyed by many -pubs & restaurants - are all at risk. Nobody wants another lockdown but to risk what we have now, for opening nightclubs and theatres is a big risk for a tiny gain. Because nobody actually cares about these things enough to swap them for closed boozers.

And anyway this has been tried before in the Netherlands,their freedom-day and release all their wankers and then complete shut down after 12 weeks, when their numbers looked bad.

Of course symbolism might trump science - it never has - but let's pretend it might. Cheers

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:33 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Why would it have been certainly worse of he wasn't vaccinated??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accination

An excerpt to save you the long read...

"Will the vaccine protect you?

The COVID-19 vaccine that you have had has been shown to reduce the chance of you suffering from COVID-19 disease. Each vaccine has been tested in more than 20,000 people and many have also been used in many different countries.

It may take a few weeks for your body to build up some protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe."

So that and also the multitude of tests, trials and published results by a myriad of national and international government agencies, medical laboratories, virologists and other independent medical experts leads me to believe that when they say symptoms are milder after vaccination... they aren't lying.

Empirical evidence is a marvellous thing but unfortunately it directly contradicts the beliefs of the world's population of Karen's and Kevin's and is therefore avoided and replaced at every opportunity with rabid fantasy, misinformation and calumniation.
How did all the millions of people who tested positive with little or no symptoms survive without the wonder jab

It's a modern day miracle
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

Has anybody been 'pinged' yet ?

I think I have.

It said 'Al, you're a cunt'.

I'll go into isolation at the Halfway House immediately.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Freedom day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:41 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:02 pm

It looks like we'll still be writing on this page by this time next year after a couple more Lockdowns :shock:
If you’re bored Tel, you can finalise the finishing position prediction comp from last season. ;)
Me being bored on here,with all these great Comedians on here..Not a chance Oz.

Let me read all this crap that I have missed(been working)and I will do it tomorrow, me ole Didgeridoo 8-)

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Just took the dog out. I have licked everybody I come into contact with, sneezed constantly (no mask or hand).

Its good to be free
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 pm Has anybody been 'pinged' yet ?
No. And I can't be. Because I haven't got the fucking app. Simples.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 pm Has anybody been 'pinged' yet ?

I think I have.

It said 'Al, you're a cunt'.

I'll go into isolation at the Halfway House immediately.
I got the app but ya need Bluetooth on all the time for it to work and that runs the fuck outta ya battery. So I only switch it on when they request I scan in at places. Then it goes off again
COYI!!!