Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm

He's had both jabs, which opens up a whole other can of conspiracy worms but I just can't be arsed with that any more.

Suffice to say, he only has mild symptoms which you'd have to guess would almost certainly have been a lot worse without any vaccinations. What it does point out to me though is that freedom day is going to be a fucking disaster.
That of course is if you believe he has it
Nice one - if we imagined that No 10 were getting a bit flappy about 'Freedom Day' and the big-bang effect of people licking each other...then slipping a story that the Health Secretary (two-jabs Savid) is a bit poorly, might have the effect to dampen all the kissing on Monday...

I like it NM. Thing is, is that thinking too clever to have originated from the Johnson camp

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:44 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm

He's had both jabs, which opens up a whole other can of conspiracy worms but I just can't be arsed with that any more.

Suffice to say, he only has mild symptoms which you'd have to guess would almost certainly have been a lot worse without any vaccinations. What it does point out to me though is that freedom day is going to be a fucking disaster.
Why would it have been certainly worse of he wasn't vaccinated??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accination

An excerpt to save you the long read...

"Will the vaccine protect you?

The COVID-19 vaccine that you have had has been shown to reduce the chance of you suffering from COVID-19 disease. Each vaccine has been tested in more than 20,000 people and many have also been used in many different countries.

It may take a few weeks for your body to build up some protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe."

So that and also the multitude of tests, trials and published results by a myriad of national and international government agencies, medical laboratories, virologists and other independent medical experts leads me to believe that when they say symptoms are milder after vaccination... they aren't lying.

Empirical evidence is a marvellous thing but unfortunately it directly contradicts the beliefs of the world's population of Karen's and Kevin's and is therefore avoided and replaced at every opportunity with rabid fantasy, misinformation and calumniation.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

264 fucking pages of this now and yes, I posted amongst the first. But it's about time it stopped.

I've had 2 jabs. I feel as safe as I'm going to get.

We have to learn to live with it otherwise what's the point.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:57 pm 264 fucking pages of this now and yes, I posted amongst the first. But it's about time it stopped.

It looks like we'll still be writing on this page by this time next year after a couple more Lockdowns :shock:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:57 pm 264 fucking pages of this now and yes, I posted amongst the first. But it's about time it stopped.

Quite.

I don’t go drinking and I rarely eat out , I’ve always lived in my own little bubble with my boy and Mrs and I’ve worked all the way through it . I was never going to catch it and if I did it might’ve been like a bad cold .

It’s never really affected me tbh , I’ve worn masks when I have to but not through fear of my life but to keep other people happy .

But I do sympathise with those who have lost loved ones .

But it’s been a shitshow all the way through it .

On the plus side nobody died of flu eh ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:38 pm

Quite.

I don’t go drinking and I rarely eat out , I’ve always lived in my own little bubble with my boy and Mrs and I’ve worked all the way through it . I was never going to catch it and if I did it might’ve been like a bad cold .

It’s never really affected me tbh , I’ve worn masks when I have to but not through fear of my life but to keep other people happy .

But I do sympathise with those who have lost loved ones .

But it’s been a shitshow all the way through it .

On the plus side nobody died of flu eh ?
Extremely well put imo. We all sympathise with people who lose loved ones, whether from cancer, heart disease, or any airborne virus such as Covid. We still lose hundreds every year on our roads ffs. Every death is a tragedy, But death happens. It's sad, but it's a fact of life. And the biggest killer known to man ? I'm guessing probably natural ageing. People whose bodies just kind of give up because they're worn out.

But one thing's for sure. We are going to have to learn to live with it and if we think cowering behind some tacky piece of Chinese manufactured face covering will somehow save us from the dreaded plague we are kidding ourselves. This virus is the longest anything ever made in China has lasted which is kind of ironic is it not ?

And the thing that pisses me off more than anything else is that, although the vaccination process seems to be working very effectively, we still, thanks to the media have to read the negative shit about rising case numbers, despite the fact that catching the fucking thing now probably means, worst case scenario, taking a day or two off work to get over it.

Sajid Javed, our illustrious health secretary, has caught it. Do I exopect him to die ? No I don't. Does he expect to ? I expect not. Move on FFS.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:02 pm

It looks like we'll still be writing on this page by this time next year after a couple more Lockdowns :shock:
If you’re bored Tel, you can finalise the finishing position prediction comp from last season. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:41 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:02 pm

If you’re bored Tel, you can finalise the finishing position prediction comp from last season. ;)
:lol: :lol:

If only,,,Don't think I will ever find it Oz...I tried.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:41 pm

You’ve given it a woman’s look! :lol:

NM and I posted on it yesterday. It’s on the first page of the football forum.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:23 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am

You’ve given it a woman’s look! :lol:

NM and I posted on it yesterday. It’s on the first page of the football forum.
Woman’s look :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!